UEFA Euro 2020 thread

Norman

Going to start in 3 days time. Should be a cracking tournament. :cheer:

For the first time it'll be held in 11 different countries across Europe.

Everyone's pick is France as they have an absolute beast of a team with incredible depth in every position but I feel England will win it this time around. Both SFS and the final will be held at Wembley so that's a big advantage and also they finally have a team (attack) that's capable of scoring twice against any defence.. 

Portugal, Belgium and Croatia are the dark horses. Let's see how it goes. :dance:

I think one of group F teams might win tournament mainly France or Portugal. England I feel are bit overhyped  other that Netherlands might be dark horses . For Belguim to have chance Hazzard should click I feel image.png.cf366ff43e72b9ce8dca7c1f359c2daf.png

8 hours ago, rising said:

I think one of group F teams might win tournament mainly France or Portugal. England I feel are bit overhyped  other that Netherlands might be dark horses . For Belguim to have chance Hazzard should click I feel

If Belgium had a peak Hazard (like they did during WC 2018) , they'd have been one of the tournament favourites. But sadly, injuries have ravaged him since he joined Real Madrid. A trio of a peak Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku (who's in the form of his life) would have been a nightmare for most opponents. 

18 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

This tournament is called Euro 2020?

Yes. It was supposed to be held in 2020 but... ya know. 

I guess they didn't want to reproduce all the branded material with a different year. Would have cost them millions. 

3 hours ago, Norman said:

If Belgium had a peak Hazard (like they did during WC 2018) , they'd have been one of the tournament favourites. But sadly, injuries have ravaged him since he joined Real Madrid. A trio of a peak Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku (who's in the form of his life) would have been a nightmare for most opponents. 

And also think 3 of them have different style of play so getting the best out of  all 3 them playing together is a tricky 

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Portugal :top:

They have a good chance but they still have get through group which is tricky aswell but this probably there strongest team in quite while although C Ronaldo is almost coming to end of his career 

16 minutes ago, rising said:

And also think 3 of them have different style of play so getting the best out of  all 3 them playing together is a tricky 

They have a good chance but they still have get through group which is tricky aswell but this probably there strongest team in quite while although C Ronaldo is almost coming to end of his career 

Yup they are bringing in one of their most talented team in years, loaded with players like Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo silva, diago jota Pedro Gonsalves etc who can make Portugal a contender again, all depends on their efficiency.

All the best to Portuguese :thumb:

Viva portugal

Edited by speedheat

10 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Yup they are bringing in one of their most talented team in years, loaded with players like Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo silva, diago jota Pedro Gonsalves etc who can make Portugal a contender again, all depends on their efficiency.

Viva portugal

Can you speak Portuguese? Or at least a few words? 

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Viva portugal

You missed Joao Felix, who is one of the best young prospects in the world. 

France should win, it was shocking they lost the last one at home.

I can't believe England are being rated so highly. Any team capable of being comfortable on the ball will dominate England whether that is France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Germany. England still play a form of kick and rush football.

Pretty much all of their goals in the last World Cup were from set pieces, they have no imagination or creativity.

This is a better tournament than FIFA WC. Most are evenly abled, unlike the WC. Some countries make it the WC , just because they are good in their region, but don’t deserve its place over some EU country who missed out on EU regional quota.

This was the case till 2006 when I watched Football. Not sure if it’s the same case. 

will watch after the group stage this year. Lockdowns will make you do strange things

Edited by coffee_rules

15 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

France should win, it was shocking they lost the last one at home.

I can't believe England are being rated so highly. Any team capable of being comfortable on the ball will dominate England whether that is France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Germany. England still play a form of kick and rush football.

Pretty much all of their goals in the last World Cup were from set pieces, they have no imagination or creativity.

England now have guys like Mount, Foden, Grealish etc who are all very good with the ball and add more creativeness in the final 3rd. A huge improvement over the likes of Delle Alli, Lingaard, Dier etc..