Zerodha's Nikhil Kamath (India's youngest billionaire) uses engine assistance to beat Viswanathan Anand in charity chess simul

Gollum

On 6/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, Trichromatic said:

We have so many cricket matches involving celebrities. Never seen anyone trying to pull cheap stunts in those.

Because it’s shameful it’s like a will Ferrell movie people are having fun in a kids game and one stupid cunt will be all aggro and tries to cheat. Like this tool lolz

On 6/17/2021 at 12:29 AM, coffee_rules said:

None are official, so nobody would care. In celebrties Cricket, there will be live interviews with players having mics talking to god knows who. Sudeep had some real club cricketers in his team in some of the film stars' matches and won.

Yes, outrage is ok, but it is not the end of the world to ban them from chess.com. No equivalance of such offence example in cricket

Why not?

When you register on to the website, you have to hit ' I agree' to a whole host of conditions. One of which includes that I will not use a chess engine to cheat in the games, even if unrated.

As far as chess.com servers are concerned this is just another game. We are calling it a charity game. For their algorithm it makes no difference.

On 6/15/2021 at 4:01 PM, Mariyam said:

I've heard of only good things from people who use the App.

The app is crap. When I tried to withdraw money it was giving error messages and this happened for three to four times on that day. Then on last attempt I made, it showed withdrawal request is already placed. The withdrawal was executed but the concern is the app was frustrating to use and was giving errors which were misleading. Phone customer care service is erratic in one instance and okay during another interaction. They do not have enough branches like full service brokers. 

I prefer to use my original full service broker which is costly as compared to Zerodha but there is peace of mind. I have been using full service for three decades and it has given me less errors than what I have faced on Zerodha in very very short time duration. Also I am worried when the money stays in my Zerodha balance but there is total peace of mind when demat allocation amount is in my primary account.

Another concern was the day I made a big transaction I got phone call from someone the very next day. How was the data leaked immediately in a days time. To put it simply, I do not trust the app as well as the coincidental call which I suspect was a data leak. I have received sms before even when I had only primary account but that was limited to sms marketing from stock brokers. But the call incident was very bad experience especially given the scenario I mentioned. Information of customers and the transactions in particular are of utmost importance. Luckily Zerodha is a newbie in this business and I had primary account with a old full service broker. The full service brokers are very good even and of utmost importance during the time the physical shares were required to be converted into demat form.

Edited by Straight Drive

On 6/19/2021 at 12:54 AM, Vilander said:

Sorry what’s your point ? The guy cheated and basically lied about it shamelessly. what’s there to discuss here ? You take cricket seriously and he takes chess seriousl.

My guess is @coffee_rules is trying to normalize cheating by a person from Karnataka against an Indian legend from the great state of Tamil Nadu. Kaveri dispute all over again, albeit on a smaller scale.

It was his sub-conscious attempt to defend all things Karnataka and malign all things Tamil.

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

My guess is @coffee_rules is trying to normalize cheating by a person from Karnataka against an Indian legend from the great state of Tamil Nadu. Kaveri dispute all over again, albeit on a smaller scale.

It was his sub-conscious attempt to defend all things Karnataka and malign all things Tamil.

LoL! Didn't know Nikhil Kamath was a  Kannadiga and besides Karnataka has no water dispute with Spain (VAnand is/was a Spanish resident)

58 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

LoL! Didn't know Nikhil Kamath was a  Kannadiga and besides Karnataka has no water dispute with Spain (VAnand is/was a Spanish resident)

Indian resident since circa 2008, except a few weeks every year when he resides in Germany, due to schedule.....several strong tournaments in Europe at that time of the year, earlier many of his trainers (and manager) were German, now Poles. Was always an Indian citizen. Stayed in Spain in late 90s and early 00s mainly for travel/training reasons, but also because of his mentors (Mauricio Perera and his wife Nieves who were basically Anand's non-Indian parents when he travelled across Europe as a youngster) and coach Elizbar Ubilava, also Spain attracted many strong GMs post Soviet breakup.

Just like how Prakash Padukone was stationed in Denmark (badminton powerhouse especially during his close friend/rival Morten Frost's time at the top) for most of his playing career (Deepika Padukone born in Denmark, does @Mariyam know this vital piece of Bollywood trivia?). Many of our athletes including Tokyo Olympians have set up base in some foreign country, not just USA/Europe, even Jamaica, UAE ....to get access to better training facilities, to match up against world class performers in their field on a daily basis. 

For non-cricketers (maybe add badminton, chess, shooting now) almost impossible to shine as a world class sportsperson just training in India. Our wrestlers are world class, great tradition/competition here (Haryana, Maharashtra) but they spend more time in Russia, Georgia, Japan, USA than India especially before big events. Same with boxers (Cuba). 

Edited by Gollum

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Knowingly or unknowingly you have triggered ICF's next great war

cats slap GIF

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Oh come on, Kamath spells it out loud and clear, either Goa or Karnataka.

So many Kamat/Kamath restaurants in Bengaluru.....one near Majestic, another in Shantinagar bus depot. Surely you must have had some inkling. 

Edited by Gollum

44 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Oh come on, Kamath spells it out loud and clear, either Goa or Karnataka.

So many Kamat/Kamath restaurants in Bengaluru.....one near Majestic, another in Shantinagar bus depot. Surely you must have had some inkling. 

There are also people of other languages in Karnataka, like Tulu, Konkani, etc. Kamath, Shanbagh (another famous restaurant chain) belong to one of those, and are not Kannadiga/ native Kannada speakers per se.

17 minutes ago, nevada said:

There are also people of other languages in Karnataka, like Tulu, Konkani, etc. Kamath, Shanbagh (another famous restaurant chain) belong to one of those, and are not Kannadiga/ native Kannada speakers per se.

Yam said 'a person from Karnataka'. I was building on that. 

I thought maybe Konkani since I remember coming across a Kamath in Goa with that background. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Yam said 'a person from Karnataka'. I was building on that. 

I thought maybe Konkani since I remember coming across a Kamath in Goa with that background. 

My feigned ignorance was called out. Though most who speak Tulu or Konkani in Karnataka can speak Kannada and are included as Kannadiga, this guy in IP and s from Bengaluru as well. Sudeep is a well known superstar from Sandalwood

On 7/6/2021 at 2:36 AM, Mariyam said:

Sorry, The guy is a moron so I like getting his ignorance out in the open.