Zerodha's Nikhil Kamath (India's youngest billionaire) uses engine assistance to beat Viswanathan Anand in charity chess simul

Gollum

LINK

Played the entire game on Stockfish after a *ed up opening to earn some bragging points. Now exposed...lying, despicable crook. Youngest billionaire my foot. If this billionaire can blatantly cheat in a charity event, shudder to imagine what he'll do when something is at stake. All the money in the world can't buy class, ethics, decency. 

Anand still could have flagged him but resigned, knew all along that he was playing an engine (as did commentators and most decent players watching live....apart from the moves there were obvious giveaways like him looking sideways after every move, taking same time for his moves including simple recaptures even in time trouble), boss move to expose the fraud. Had he just won on time this wouldn't have got the attention it deserved. 

Kiccha Sudeep, Sajid Nadiadwala too were cheating but unlike this fool Nikhil they didn't cheat throughout the game. These clowns who were hanging pieces against puny 800s till the day before suddenly started playing perfect theory, tactics like super-GMs, then without engine help went back to their base level. Still like Nikhil's case their chess.com accounts got banned, no fooling the site's anti-cheating algorithm!!!!!! Look at their BS post-game impressions. Probably more cheaters in that event who had assistance at least in some stages of their games. Clowns using unfair means in a COVID fundraising simul with thousands of viewers watching live :facepalm:, instead of having fun and enjoying a once in a lifetime opportunity to try their best against a legend. 

Aamir Khan, Arijit, Yuzi Chahal and a few others played honestly, got crushed but still fair play to them. 

And look at this non-apology apology

Narcissism, arrogance, entitlement, ego.....imagine thinking that losing to a 5x world champ is beneath them. That too these people who barely know the basics of the game. So many chess enthusiasts would love to be given an opportunity to play an exhibition against their idol, hell even share screen space for 2 minutes or make small talk. 

Edited by Gollum

For non-chess people, using engines whilst playing is the lowest of lows in the game. Kinda like doping in physical sports, in many ways even worse, invites immediate ban. 

Engines are easily available, and are stronger than the strongest human players, has been that way for a couple of decades now. Many famous examples of cheating, earlier this year the famous Dewa Kipas case involving an Indonesian patzer who cheated against an American IM. 

Sadly increasingly common on online platforms, even sparingly using an engine can have a multiplier effect on a player's chess strength. 

Edited by Gollum

Last year in the lockdown I did practice a lot of chess and momentarily hit a 1900 in blitz before falling down to the 1600-1700 range.

One of the tournaments that I participated in was an arena. So many people were using the machine against me and I got those points coz of the fair play policy. But it just throws you off balance psychologically. 

My daughter is 6 and some of her exams are simple multiple choice questions online. In her cohort, I know cases where parents are doing basic arithmetic for their wards. Its just so silly. Beats the purpose of an exam. Many kids end up with a 10/10 and makes my daughter feel distraught cause she scored an honest 7. She aslo has started resenting the fact that we don't take the test for her but other parents do it for their kids.

Parents also make clay models for their wards in art class in front of the teachers. Can you believe that?

This is not being competitive, but unethical and harming the long term development of the kids.

Edited by Mariyam

53 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@velu what is Zerodha's reputation in your field? 

#1 trustworthy broker .. no spam or promotional calls 

they revolutionized indian broking in favor of retail  traders/investors .. 

brokers use to charge based on quantity instead of number of orders  , zerodha started charging 20rs per order irrespective of the order size  

5 hours ago, beetle said:

Imagine how clean he must be in his business dealings.

Who wants to do business with this shameless cheat?

unfortunately they are the best among our brokers when comes to transparency  

20 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Last year in the lockdown I did practice a lot of chess and momentarily hit a 1900 in blitz before falling down to the 1600-1700 range.

One of the tournaments that I participated in was an arena. So many people were using the machine against me and I got those points coz of the fair play policy. But it just throws you off balance psychologically. 

My daughter is 6 and some of her exams are simple multiple choice questions online. In her cohort, I know cases where parents are doing basic arithmetic for their wards. Its just so silly. Beats the purpose of an exam. Many kids end up with a 10/10 and makes my daughter feel distraught cause she scored an honest 7. She aslo has started resenting the fact that we don't take the test for her but other parents do it for their kids.

Parents also make clay models for their wards in art class in front of the teachers. Can you believe that?

This is not being competitive, but unethical and harming the long term development of the kids.

Completely agree. My wife and I prefer our son to get poor marks on his effort than help him. Some parents are ridiculous! Not sure how they expect their kids to learn anything by doing their work for them!

'Disheartened', 'can't believe' lol. It was so obvious what was going on.....You don't get scholar's mated repeatedly by beginners one night and then play perfect theory like a super-GM for 20+ moves against a former world champ , that too within a space of <12 hours. 

Nakal karne ke liye bhi akal ki zaroorat hai.....these clowns really thought it would be so easy to get away with their cheap tricks :hysterical:

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Yeah that sucks. At least with blitz/bullet, not easy for serial engine users, rapid/long games however different story. OTB chess is so much better just because cheating is not that straightforward. 

You are doing the right thing, your daughter may resent now but when she grows up and matures, she'll be thanking her parents. Some parents do so much harm to their children and the society at large by being unethical. Why not allow children to make mistakes, face setbacks, then see them overcome their shortcomings, improve and become the best versions of themselves? Pathetic, and I think this kind of behavior on part of parents is getting more common with every succeeding generation, at least in India. As your hero MSD says, 'process is more important than results'. 

Edited by Gollum

Maybe I am ignorant, It is definitely unfair in a real game, but this was a charity event. What's the BFD if he cheats, the proceeds are going to a charity. If it was sponsored under Chess.Com official rules, it made sense to ban their accounts as it bring them down in reputation. 

What did I miss, with all the outrage about doubting this guy's business dealings etc?

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I had a funny experience in India in '15. My daughter's school had a craft challenge to build a replica of some landmark building/monument. I gave her ideas and finally she was able to build something that looked like twin towers. We take it to school, I see other kids coming in perfectly shaped Taj Mahal, Burj Khalifas etc clearly knowing it was built by a professional carpenter. Also, they were brought in by the drivers of their cars, the parents would walk next to him. Some spoiled kid even got a prize as well. I did raise it up with the school , they might as well give the prize to the carpenter/architect who built it (International school!)

37 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Maybe I am ignorant, It is definitely unfair in a real game, but this was a charity event. What's the BFD if he cheats, the proceeds are going to a charity. If it was sponsored under Chess.Com official rules, it made sense to ban their accounts as it bring them down in reputation. 

What did I miss, with all the outrage about doubting this guy's business dealings etc?

Doubting his business dealings is an overkill. But people will question his integrity if he cheats so blatantly.

And so what if it's a charity game. In a cricket charity game if a fielder were to claim a catch that actually touched the ground and the umpire suspecting no mal intention (courtesy: charity match) gave , let's say, Sachin out, would we not be :mad:?

43 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

He should probably have made V. Anand aware that he was going to get machine assistance.  I think the lack of transparency is the real issue here.  

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Doubting his business dealings is an overkill. But people will question his integrity if he cheats so blatantly.

And so what if it's a charity game. In a cricket charity game if a fielder were to claim a catch that actually touched the ground and the umpire suspecting no mal intention (courtesy: charity match) gave , let's say, Sachin out, would we not be :mad:?

It would not be official in any case, it wouldn't be causing an outrage.

Yes, these people could have disclosed that they had help earlier, but I guess they wouldn't be allowed to play in that case.

Edited by coffee_rules