" Seniority " over " Current Ability ", as the main selection criterion, is preventing Team India from realizing its true potential

10 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Even Umran is not fit for odis.  Doesn't hv the stamina to bowl more than 4 overs.  

Umran will get into the groove,bowled well today

Can be eased into the side,and we need a big pool of fast bowlers across formats

Umran, should be observed and put in to his best format

We should be very patient with youngsters like we used to be in the past,the impatient team culture has brought us to nowhere

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, Kohlifan said:

If it is such a meaningless ODI why Rohit and Kohli is playing, they should have been rested like they were in last few series. This series is meant to be rehearsal for world cup check the statements of our seniors.

Why shouldn't they play? They are getting ready for test series.What are they supposed to say it is meaningless series. 

If they do well in these sort of series, people mock them for doing it in bilateral series and if they fail they have to be kicked out. Kohli and Rohit are better than any batsmen in the country till next world cup.They will be just fine.

25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why shouldn't they play? They are getting ready for test series.What are they supposed to say it is meaningless series. 

If they do well in these sort of series, people mock them for doing it in bilateral series and if they fail they have to be kicked out. Kohli and Rohit are better than any batsmen in the country till next world cup.They will be just fine.

getting ready for test series by playing an ODI ? instead i thought if they wanted to get ready for test series there is one happing with bangladesh A. stop giving excuses. They have been below par since last two years whenever they have played. 

6 minutes ago, Kohlifan said:

getting ready for test series by playing an ODI ? instead i thought if they wanted to get ready for test series there is one happing with bangladesh A. stop giving excuses. They have been below par since last two years whenever they have played. 

I am not giving excuses, they are allowed to fail in odd matches.  You are not understanding that simple thing. They are still best two odi batsmen by country mile in the country.Get over it, they are not going anywhere nor should they go anywhere till next world cup.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

I am not giving excuses, they are allowed to failed in odd matches.  You are not understanding that simple thing.

I also agree they are allowed to fail in odd matches.  Please check the stats in the last 3 years Rohit played mere 14 ODI matches, Kohli 22 matches(10 matches in 2022) and if you check there stats they are of tailenders. So don't you think we are risking world cup coz we are keep pushing for them when they actually are past their prime.

9 minutes ago, Kohlifan said:

I also agree they are allowed to fail in odd matches.  Please check the stats in the last 3 years Rohit played mere 14 ODI matches, Kohli 22 matches(10 matches in 2022) and if you check there stats they are of tailenders. So don't you think we are risking world cup coz we are keep pushing for them when they actually are past their prime.

The poster u hv quoted is none other than Kohli himself.  Be careful next time.  

4 minutes ago, Kohlifan said:

You answered your own question. If Rohit has played only 14 matches in last three years why has no one able to put his stamp while he was not playing. Kohli has been in slump for last three years and he is looking like he is getting back to his old self recently give him time.

I will give these two players all chances and more as I know when they are right, they will carry the team on their own. Yes they failed in knockouts  but they never had any help either.

People need to stop lumping idiot KL Rahul with these two. Rohit was an idiot for trying to change his game to accommodate Rahul in t20s. Now we have Gill as opener , I would not play Gill as opener with Rohit he does not compliment his batting style.He has to play in middle order if he is in side for next world cup.

They have to keep KL Rahul away from all Indian sides.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Umran will get into the groove,bowled well today

Can be eased into the side,and we need a big pool of fast bowlers across formats

Umran, should be observed and put in to his best format

We should be very patient with youngsters like we used to be in the past,the impatient team culture has brought us to nowhere

I hope he does.   But in cricket history, there hv hardly been any successful express pacers who are of his height.  5"7 is too short to threaten any batsman.    Need to be min 5"10.  

Edited by Frustrated
6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I will give these two players all chances and more as I know when they are right, they will carry the team on their own. Yes they failed in knockouts  but they never had any help either.

Problem lies there when someone started choosing matches, he should rather choose a format and try to play every match of that format rather being keeping himself at rest for so called meaningless ODI