2021 Wimbledon

I6MTW

Already started.

For some reason this time, it's not really interesting or appealing. Probably the most unappealing slam in years . The grass field is weak and poor. Withdrawals have made it even weaker. Federer is past it and lucky to have even made the second round. Djokovic is the clear favorite to win this. There is no competition. 

9 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Serena Williams out - injured in the first round.  She is extremely determined, but it may be time to hang it up and enjoy life.  :-( 

Apparently, the grass is slick.  Like in the old days, wear spikes and live at the net - baseline tennis is boring.  

I like to watch baseline tennis, played with raw power and agility. saw enough of serve and volley in the 90s Sampras style

Pity Nadal the Moonballer isn't playing, would have enjoyed watching him get humiliated in week one in these conditions. 

Go Fed

Go Nole

Another epic final please

Novak Djokovic vs. Roger Federer - Three tie breaks that shaped history

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Pity Nadal the Moonballer isn't playing, would have enjoyed watching him get humiliated in week one in these conditions. 

Go Fed

Go Nole

Another epic final please

Novak Djokovic vs. Roger Federer - Three tie breaks that shaped history

Unlikely Fed reaches the finals. The way he's playing, every round is a survival for him. And even if he reached the final, it would be one sided. The worst performance from him since RG 08. 

A Kyrgios-Djokovic final would be the best tennis has ever asked for.

2 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Unlikely Fed reaches the finals. The way he's playing, every round is a survival for him. And even if he reached the final, it would be one sided. The worst performance from him since RG 08. 

A Kyrgios-Djokovic final would be the best tennis has ever asked for.

Man. Anybody but Nole! But he is playing some great tennis. OK. Kyrgios it is, then ftw. 

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Man. Anybody but Nole! But he is playing some great tennis. OK. Kyrgios it is, then ftw. 

Djokovic is almost certain to be there. He has an easy draw, plus he seems to be the only person who can play on grass except for Federer, bur Federer these days has shown severe decline.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ugh! Hate Wimbledon. Who wants to watch so boring matches with no rallies 

Wimbledon gets slower the second week. And the grass has been slower the last 2 decades, so there are more rallies than there were in the 90s.

Nole usually falters when draw is easy and he is in cruise mode from R1. Can see Rublev getting the job done, boy is on fire.

Fed has lost his ballet footwork, his FH is in shambles, poor reflexes so his ROS is AWOL. All heart till now. But story ends in QF against Med. Mentally as well he has lost it, if he misses a few BPs easily ends up losing serve next game, and his focus for next 3-4 games :facepalm:. And this against weaklings, can't imagine what Med/Zverev will do to him, never mind King Nole. 

Edited by Gollum

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ugh! Hate Wimbledon. Who wants to watch so boring matches with no rallies 

Wait for week 2.  That is when your hero enjoys this surface, so glad he isn't here though a part of me wanted him to get humiliated by a random nobody on this slippery grass. Nadull sucks.

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Nole usually falters when draw is easy and he is in cruise mode from R1. Can see Rublev getting the job done, boy is on fire.

Fed has lost his ballet footwork, his FH is in shambles, poor reflexes so his ROS is AWOL. All heart till now. But story ends in QF against Med. Mentally as well he has lost it, if he misses a few BPs easily ends up losing serve next game, and his focus for next 3-4 games :facepalm:. And this against weaklings, can't imagine what Med/Zverev will do to him, never mind King Nole. 

That's only the case when there is someone who knows how to play on grass. Rublev can't . He's also too one dimensional. If Nope reaches the SF, he'll win it, no one there to trouble him there. And while there are opponents in the other half, since it's a final, Nope will be the form favourite, as the other guy will definitely choke, or crumble under pressure. 

No one is beating Djokovic this year. 

The guy has not lost a match on CC since the 2013 final. 

On 6/29/2021 at 11:39 PM, I6MTW said:

Already started.

For some reason this time, it's not really interesting or appealing. Probably the most unappealing slam in years . The grass field is weak and poor. Withdrawals have made it even weaker. Federer is past it and lucky to have even made the second round. Djokovic is the clear favorite to win this. There is no competition. 

you said it all right there

On 6/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, coffee_rules said:

Brits are such pompous twats

I see no harm in the question. Federer didn't understand the phrase which is fine too. dont make a mountain out of a molehill.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:02 PM, coffee_rules said:

I like to watch baseline tennis, played with raw power and agility. saw enough of serve and volley in the 90s Sampras style

we've had 20 years of baseline tennis :no: its good to have serve and volley in the next decade atleast on grass. you seem to like the nadull tennis.

Hurkacz, Shapo, Berrettini all tough opponents for Djokovic, still no where near his grass caliber . I see straight sets if not 4 sets victories for him in the SF and Final.

This is going to be his easiest GS win yet. Even easier than the USO 2018 win.