Fans need to understand England approach will not work for Indian team.

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

We need salt like opener in Lois 

uber hack. Don’t guy by his Pakistani bashing and that one 30 odd knock. Will be a walking wicket against anyone who can spin the ball or swing the ball.  Would love to see how much he can get in UAE or SC pitches.

3 hours ago, Serpico said:

india and Australia conceded 300+ 16 times and won 4

England conceded 20 times and won 11

Both India & Australia follow same concept of old school batting.  One can understand this for Aussies as they don't have the firepower they once had & with Finch & Warner on decline.  Indian approach is just rubbish in Powerplay.  Rohit has one of the lowest S/R among openers in Powerplay.  We have king of accumulators at no 3 in Kolli. 

English approach is far more advanced although we don't need to copy it but we need to be far more aggressive in Powerplay.  Sachin & Sehwag in this batting friendly era would make 70-80 runs in first 10 for fun. 

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Might end up winning today because of the bowling and a middling target but 9/10

we will be screwed by over attacking with our lower middle and lower order 

consolidator Dhawan will save us.Oh wait hes gone too

Just now, Lord said:

consolidator Dhawan will save us.Oh wait hes gone too

On the flip side as long as Pandey was there didn’t look for a second we might lose.I myself  am not a fan of him if you have followed my posts

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

On the flip side as long as Pandey was there didn’t look for a second we might lose.I myself  am not a fan of him if you have followed my posts

but he doesnt last long.Whats the point of tuk tuk if you can't play long innings against average attacks

Here yes he was unfortunate.But generally he doesnt last long anyway :dontknow:

On 7/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we have top 3 now whose beard have a lot of salt now

Hope you are watching this, farming strike for a no.8 because of lack of confidence in his ability and you want the top order to throw caution to the wind. 

49 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hope you are watching this, farming strike for a no.8 because of lack of confidence in his ability and you want the top order to throw caution to the wind. 

hope ur watching that its an under 300 target and we were always in control of RR

Current day is 350 and u can afford to be behind RRR . DO u want me to count how many times that farming approach has screwed us . Ull count that one time it fails but forgets  farming approach has screwed us more. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hope ur watching that its an under 300 target and we were always in control of RR

Current day is 350 and u can afford to be behind RRR . DO u want me to count how many times that farming approach has screwed us . Ull count that one time it fails but forgets  farming approach has screwed us more. 

because it is Srilanka and still we are struggling and you want top order to take risks against top sides. You think Bhuvi and Chahar will chase down 350+ Scores in situations? Chris Woakes and Sam Curran “might”. I am using might because I have seen them play some blinders against big teams. 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

because it is Srilanka and still we are struggling and you want top order to take risks against top sides. You think Bhuvi and Chahar will chase down 350+ Scores in situations? Chris Woakes and Sam Curran “might”. I am using might because I have seen them play some blinders against big teams. 

How do u win without taking a risk??

And let me know if that approach has worked ?

England has done well coz they have persisted with it. The reason curran n all can also manage coz their top order keeps RRR in check .....our top order will leave RRR so much thats its uinmanagble

Its simple math

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

We were 40 in 5 overs even today

that allowed lower order to bat without RRR pressure

Exactly ,imagine we'd scored 42 in first 10 and needed 115-120 in last with these 2 batting

Krunal would have not even scored 10 runs,he got the leverage to let go those several short deliveries past him

I was impressed with Chahar s appproach but he too had that leverage and be circumspect at the start of his innings

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

We were 40 in 5 overs even today

that allowed lower order to bat without RRR pressure

because it was a middling total and an average attack . Had it been 325+ score against a semi decent team we would have been 180 allout by 35 overs 

Edited by maniac
Just now, maniac said:

because it was a middling total and an average attack . Had it been 325+ score against a semi decent team we would have been 180 allout by 35 overs 

assumptions

and how many times have we chased 300+ since 2017 with old approach against decent bowling attack?