Majority of Covid misinformation online originated from 12 people

BacktoCricaddict

12 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Again, none of this means they should be censored from the internet.  But there should be swifter, dignified counter-attacks with data, data, data.  Explaining what data mean, why sample sizes are important, why reproducibility is important, why anecdotes (while important to individuals) do not constitute data, how risk analysis is done, how drugs are developed and regulated, how alternative medicine is not regulated etc.  Keep pounding.  

Mate, completely agree.

The above will only make sense to someone who has the intelligent quotient to understand them.

The effort in explaining scientific due diligence is wasted on the average conspiracy theorist, it'll just go in one hole and out the other.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:06 PM, EnterTheVoid said:

Mate, completely agree.

The above will only make sense to someone who has the intelligent quotient to understand them.

The effort in explaining scientific due diligence is wasted on the average conspiracy theorist, it'll just go in one hole and out the other.

I wouldn't assume they are not intelligent.  Everyone has some personal experience and fears that lead them to reach certain conclusions.  In fact, many of the anti-vaxxers I know are highly intelligent capable people who are successful in their lives and careers, but lack trust in "the system" and feel someone is always out to get them.  It is a blind spot.  I feel we should just share good information without ridiculing anyone.  Now, the OP dozen deserve every bit of ridicule and derision because they are preying on common people's fears and giving deadly advice.  

The only things I wish people did:

(1) Not exclusively use anecdotal information to make scientific points.

(2) Question their own beliefs.

(3) Try to understand risk/benefit and not cherry pick information that supports their own pre-established POV.

(4) Consider things case-by-case and not attribute their preconceived notions to every fact.  For example, has Bayer Ag (formerly Monsanto Ag) indulged in bad business practices?  Yes. Does that make agricultural biotechnology bad?  No.    

On 7/21/2021 at 1:20 AM, EnterTheVoid said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/talk-radio-host-covid-regrets-vaccine-hesitancy-79015227

Conservative radio host regrets COVID vaccine hesitancy

A conservative talk radio host from Tennessee who had been a vaccine skeptic until he was hospitalized from COVID-19 now says his listeners should get vaccinated

@Jimmy Cliff this is what the fake conservatives do. all the anti-vaccers they show on TV always change their ideas when the time is right. I recall one basket ball player and some other celebrity touted as the leaders of the anti-vacc group and they all renege on it. Don't place trust on those in TV even though they may sound similar to your views. These people are controlled opposition. I will also give you an example of a fake liberal. Obama. He said he will usher in a time of peace and years later, he went to war with 7 nations destablized more nations than Bush who was an evil war monger.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

@Jimmy Cliff this is what the fake conservatives do. all the anti-vaccers they show on TV always change their ideas when the time is right. I recall one basket ball player and some other celebrity touted as the leaders of the anti-vacc group and they all renege on it. Don't place trust on those in TV even though they may sound similar to your views. These people are controlled opposition. I will also give you an example of a fake liberal. Obama. He said he will usher in a time of peace and years later, he went to war with 7 nations destablized more nations than Bush who was an evil war monger.

Man there is controlled opposition everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 12 people listed are controlled opposition. To hell with them and to hell with these useless tags of conservative/liberal and anti-vax/pro-vax.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/23/alabama_republican_governor_kay_ivey_time_to_start_blaming_the_unvaccinated_folks.html

Alabama's Republican Governor Kay Ivey seems to be at her wit's end trying to convince people to get vaccinated for COVID-19 in a state where only one-third of eligible citizens have done so.

"What is it going to take to get people to get shots in arms?" a reporter asked at an event in Birmingham.

"I don't know, you tell me!" the governor responded. "Folks are supposed to have common sense."

"It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," she said.

"As the leader of the state, don't you think it is your responsibility to try to help get this situation under control?" the reporter asked.

"I've done all I know how to do. I can encourage you to do something, but I can't make you take care of yourself," she replied.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Man there is controlled opposition everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 12 people listed are controlled opposition. To hell with them and to hell with these useless tags of conservative/liberal and anti-vax/pro-vax.

There may even be controlled opposition in this very thread :spy::secret:

5 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/talk-radio-host-covid-regrets-vaccine-hesitancy-79015227

A conservative talk radio host from Tennessee who had been a vaccine skeptic until he was hospitalized from COVID-19 now says his listeners should get vaccinated

There should not be politics in vaccination. Everybody has to be on the same page. Sadly Trumpanzees think it is cool to reject the vaccine based on conspiracy theories.  Propgating theories like everyone is out there to get you is the mantra. 

8 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

That guy at least came to his senses.

This other guy realised it too late. Or maybe didn't realise it all.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/health/vocal-antivaxxer-dies-of-covid-after-publicly-speaking-out-against-vaccine/news-story/14ab5fc5265ee1ba533918ac5ae77317

“If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith,” he wrote.

Nope, definitely didn't learn anything from all this.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

There should not be politics in vaccination. Everybody has to be on the same page. Sadly Trumpanzees think it is cool to reject the vaccine based on conspiracy theories.  Propgating theories like everyone is out there to get you is the mantra. 

A couple of days back, a large group of these unvaccinated pests took part in a super spreader event, protesting against the "tyranny" of wearing masks, washing hands and obeying lockdown rules.

Everyone is now suffering because of their selfish actions. To them, my response: :thefinger:

Edited by EnterTheVoid

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

The protests are against the vaccine passports/health pass. Important to make the distinction.

With that many crowded together, they don't believe in the coronahoax either. My belief in humanity has improved after watching your post. I also saw many crowds in Australia, France and Italy boo when asked to leave in the middle of tennis matches. Most of them weren't wearing masks or wearing them on their necks just like everyone in the world.