'We can pick two more teams and win any competition in the world': Hardik Pandya

sage

On 8/15/2023 at 8:44 AM, rkt.india said:

Pick two more teams and win doesn't mean you pick random players and win overnight. Any team needs chemistry, right combination, experience of playing matches together. Yes, we can make two good teams which can compete at the top level but they will need three components mentioned above to succeed.

First let us make one team which can compete before talking about two teams.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

First let us make one team which can compete before talking about two teams.

That's the point.  But in case of Team Ind,  the problem runs much deeper.  Even if we somehow manage to put together one decent team, there will be certain key players who are gonna miss out important tournaments till eternity (due to injuries).  Viz: Iyer and Bumrah.  Bumrah is a pacer.  So, its understandable to some extent.  But how the hell on earth a young batsman keeps getting injured so often throughout his career is beyond imagination.   I can't think of any other young batsman from other teams getting injured so frequently.  

16 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

That's the point.  But in case of Team Ind,  the problem runs much deeper.  Even if we somehow manage to put together one decent team, there will be certain key players who are gonna miss out important tournaments till eternity (due to injuries).  Viz: Iyer and Bumrah.  Bumrah is a pacer.  So, its understandable to some extent.  But how the hell on earth a young batsman keeps getting injured so often throughout his career is beyond imagination.   I can't think of any other young batsman from other teams getting injured so frequently.  

Only on ICF , people believe India is loaded with bowlers who can bowl 140 plus. But reality is showing something different. Pace bowlers still have the fastest way  to get into all Indian teams. But we still are waiting in wings to save this team by forever injured Bumrah  in all formats.

Do we have any replacement for Bumrah?

India might have largest pool of players but how many players are any good should be the bigger question.

Other than recent enteries like Jaiswal, Tilak who have played handful of matches in their career, we have not seen many batting talents either.

Iyer has back issues which have plagued many cricketers, like Michael Clarke and Kohli in recent past. You cannot do much with back injuries

Edited by putrevus

Way too much criticism of Hardik. He's a bit of a soft target simply because he's not the most intellectual/articulate. Everyone knows he's a bit of a motor mouth and says whatever he feels in the moment.   The deeper concern would be if these are the exact sentiments of selectors/TM . If so, we are absolutely screwed. 

There's going to be no effort to bring about structural reform if folks in BCCI with real power believe this

Harpic Dandya's statement was misinterpreted by most fans (incl. myself).  What he actually tried to convey to bcci with all honesty was this - "I m going to be permanently bed ridden in hospital till my last breath. So, BCCI should try to form atleast 2 other teams and pick the best squad of them in order to hv a chance of winning ICC tournament. And NEVER rely on me or my availability"   

On 8/17/2023 at 11:14 PM, putrevus said:

Only on ICF , people believe India is loaded with bowlers who can bowl 140 plus. But reality is showing something different. Pace bowlers still have the fastest way  to get into all Indian teams. But we still are waiting in wings to save this team by forever injured Bumrah  in all formats.

Do we have any replacement for Bumrah?

India might have largest pool of players but how many players are any good should be the bigger question.

Other than recent enteries like Jaiswal, Tilak who have played handful of matches in their career, we have not seen many batting talents either.

Iyer has back issues which have plagued many cricketers, like Michael Clarke and Kohli in recent past. You cannot do much with back injuries

Not a replacement for bumrah. But we have several young talents that are capable of playing for India in tests and odi. None for t20 though. They need to get a long rope but they won't as India expects instant results and thereby they will focus on experience over players with higher ceiling. Pitches in India are different tot he ones you see in sena. Just cause kukesh sukesh averages 22 in India doesn't mean he will do well in sena and he won't. The same ia true for the young talents with potential. There is a list of them. Pitches just aren't conducive to fast bowling/seam in India. The same players would do really well in sena because sena Pitches suit their bowling unlike cukesh, yash dayal etc.

Look how much better arshdeep bowls in SA and England compared to India. And arshdeep is not even our best talent. Not even close.