Bronze medal win in hockey bigger than 1983, 2007, 2011 cricket World Cup wins: Gautam Gambhir

speedheat

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Need to be a real athlete to compete in field hockey look at the players lean tall ripped each one of them. 

Absolutely, but my question was a sarcastic one, but I think times have changed in cricket too, barring a few padosis, Rohit and players from some associate nations, most of the players in World cricket are quite lean built.

You should not say this': Gambhir reacts to Harbhajan's ‘Neeraj’s win is bigger than 2011 WC win’ remark

Gambhir had been earlier trolled mercilessly by fans for comparing the 2011 World Cup win with India's bronze medal triumph in hockey at the Tokyo Olympics, which marked an end to a 40-year-long wait for a medal in hockey. India had won the World Cup under the captaincy of legendary MS Dhoni in 2011, bringing an end to India's 28-year-long wait for a second World Cup

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/article/you-should-not-say-this-gambhir-reacts-to-harbhajans-neeraj-s-win-is-bigger-than-2011-wc-win-remark/796251

Every year around 25 June some channel invite WC winning players where they share memories. On the other hand did any channel ever mentioned the names of Gold winning team of 80 or bronze winning team of 1972 , forget about inviting them on television channels.

Even Malleshwari who was first woman and weightlifter from India is now forgotten and hardly seen on tv channels , this shows what is bigger

I am sure if Olympics will include ludo and india wins gold in it then many ex cricketers and lots of cricket haters will call it bigger achievement.