Nathan Ellis bags IPL contract

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bhai express pacers are rested & rotated...  Please follow Int'l cricket.  Kumara was picked in ODI & T20I series against India after coming from Injury.  Pitches were spin conducive so they decided to go with one express pacer in Chameera..  

These B grade leagues are no criteria for determining Talent.  Even CPl has more credibility than BBL. 

if pitches were spin conducive so where was vishwa ??

Ok he was picked but how do u expect teams to pick lahiru without any white ball creditonals ??? If u wanna give his case show his work

B grade C grade but thats how u choose to look from other leagues ...what else is the way ?? No team has enough money to setup scouts in other county so other leagues are the wa

And ppl arent picked from CPL ??

The guy has no white ball performances , he doesnt play in leagues around ...so how do u expect him to be picked ?? If you work in these IPL planning teams ...u tell me how will u pitch in for this guy whose odi avg is 47 , hasnt played more then 10 t20 for SL and whatever he has its a terrible record, doesnt get picked in leagues around the world ..so how ?? Pitch him 

Another c grade Aussie.

Also why not Chameera or Hasaranga?

Sad to see so many useless gora hacks being picked over players from Sc.

Keeping  Pakistan aside I can think of a few Sl and Bangla players who are better than some of these BBL legends.

Mushfiqur has not played the IPL where as Dan Christian or Henriques  sneaks in every year. Someone like Mahamadullah would be more useful than Dan Christian in India and UAE.

There is  also this Afghan opener who looks like a  good bat, forgot his name.

Even with goras why isn’t Alex Hales picked? 

I think there is a little more that goes on with who bags an IPL contract than just talent scouting etc.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Another c grade Aussie.

Also why not Chameera or Hasaranga?

Sad to see so many useless gora hacks being picked over players from Sc.

Keeping  Pakistan aside I can think of a few Sl and Bangla players who are better than some of these BBL legends.

Mushfiqur has not played the IPL where as Dan Christian or Henriques  sneaks in every year. Someone like Mahamadullah would be more useful than Dan Christian in India and UAE.

There is  also this Afghan opener who looks like a  good bat, forgot his name.

Even with goras why isn’t Alex Hales picked? 

I think there is a little more that goes on with who bags an IPL contract than just talent scouting etc.

More like F grade.

Signing journeymen mercenaries is not the way to go to build the quality of a league. Sick and tired of having to watch unknown Aussies doing f all and collecting easy money.

Better to pick domestic youngsters and give them a chance, if it works out it benefits both the ipl team and potentially the national team.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:36 AM, QuarantineTormentino said:

Yeah Warner will 100% be the top pick if released. Easily in the top 5 IPL batsmen in history, and behind only Rohit and Raina in terms of match impact, level with ABD and Gayle

Last three years or so he's been ****.  What you did 6 or 7 years ago means dick these days.

Of course the same brain trust TMs that hand out contracts to fly by nights like Nathan Ellis for sure will get in bidding war for a washed up David Warner.  I don't doubt that at all, but whatever team blows their load on him is fckted for the rest of the auction.