Jump to content
Ankit_sharma03

Gautam Gambhir Picked his India's XI against Pakistan match in T20 World Cup

Recommended Posts

Two glaring flaws in this team.

 

1. The top order of Rahul, Kohli, and Rohit collectively play a brand of cricket that drags the momentum upfront.

2. Jadeja who seems a lock so far is not a particularly good LOI bowler and a selfish bat.

 

Like @raki05 said, this teams needs someone who kickstarts the inning on nitro boost. Shaw is going to be a massive miss.

 

While Axar is in the squad, I have little faith in the TM to actually pick him above Jaddu - esp with the conman Dhoni running the show.

Link to post

I wish we had something like this.  

KL (he can strike from ball 1 but needs clarity) 

Rohit

Surya (to play freely) 

Kohli (anchor) 

Pant/Kishan (IPL form) 

Hardik

Shardul

Axar

R Chahar

Bhuvi 

Bumrah

 

Shardul + Axar would be massive upgrade over Jaddu the bowler & more explosive especially Shardul. 

Now Jadeja is the key man here...  He has to step up in lower order big time if we want to have a shot at the Title.   Unsure about Pant in big UAE grounds...  Hardik had a good IPl in UAE. 

 

 

Link to post
32 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Jadjeja's best batting format is test, ODI and lastly T20.  If you are depending on Jadeja's batting to help you in a T20, especially at the international level, you have already lost.  

 

 

option kya hai ?? other guy is Axar who is just a lil better with bat 

In one game we can play extra batter specially against WI - with WI it wud be Power vs Power, unless pitch becomes really really slow

Link to post
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

option kya hai ?? other guy is Axar who is just a lil better with bat 

In one game we can play extra batter specially against WI - with WI it wud be Power vs Power, unless pitch becomes really really slow

One of the cricviz fellow said India missed a trick with Bishnoi  as he a faster googly bowling option & could have been used against WI whom we might likely face in KO's.  They really suck at picking faster googlies.   Varun C might get thrashed I think. 

 

Link to post
Just now, Lone Wolf said:

One of the cricviz fellow said India missed a trick with Bishnoi  as he a faster googly bowling option & could have been used against WI whom we might likely face in KO's.  They really suck at picking faster googlies.   Varun C might get thrashed I think. 

 

 

Without a doubt. Pollard vs Varun C on a slow turning pitch will be a predictable disaster.

Link to post
Just now, Lone Wolf said:

One of the cricviz fellow said India missed a trick with Bishnoi  as he a faster googly bowling option & could have been used against WI whom we might likely face in KO's.  They really suck at picking faster googlies.   Varun C might get thrashed I think. 

 

he is right but for one game u cant pick a player

WI will play Rahul chahar well coz of their lefties so rahul chahar shud be benched in WI game and so wud Axar n jaddu

Varun. C Vs shami shdu be final call, ill go for varun 

Link to post
  • Jadeja adds absolutely nothing to our T20 team...or any half decent T20 team. He's too limited a power hitter to be batting at 7 and his harmless darts would be deposited into the stands by good batting teams. 
  • Really really hope we 'bite the bullet' and play Thakur at 7. He's going through a golden run and also feel he's the lucky charm for this otherwise panoti team. 
  • Kohli should not play at 3 especially if Rohit and Rahul are the openers. That top 3 is perfectly capable of taking us to a match losing '50/1 in the powerplay' position on an absolute patta. SKY must come one down. But knowing the egomaniac, that's sadly unlikely. 
  • Spinners should be rotated wisely based on conditions and opponents. Not one of Ashwin/Chahar/Axar/varun should play more than 3 games in the group stage. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Norman said:
  • Jadeja adds absolutely nothing to our T20 team...or any half decent T20 team. He's too limited a power hitter to be batting at 7 and his harmless darts would be deposited into the stands by good batting teams. 
  • Really really hope we 'bite the bullet' and play Thakur at 7. He's going through a golden run and also feel he's the lucky charm for this otherwise panoti team. 
  • Kohli should not play at 3 especially if Rohit and Rahul are the openers. That top 3 is perfectly capable of taking us to a match losing '50/1 in the powerplay' position on an absolute patta. SKY must come one down. But knowing the egomaniac, that's sadly unlikely. 
  • Spinners should be rotated wisely based on conditions and opponents. Not one of Ashwin/Chahar/Axar/varun should play more than 3 games in the group stage. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With Dhoni back, Jadeja in the playing XI is a certainty. He might come off in a match or two. But 8 out of 10 he would go missing. Hope he comes good in an important match. There is one thing good at in crucial matches. Running out the partner that is going great guns lol.

Edited by vvvslaxman
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Should have picked Thakur/Chahar in place of Shami but looks like Shami is more of a backup spearhead incase Bumrah/Bhuvi get injured ( highly likely )

 

yes,. Shami's ER is close to 10. DOes not add anything to batting. If you don't bowl Thakur in death overs his ER would be vastly different. It is still better than Shami's. Also he picks up some wickets. Chahar after recent match winning knock deserved backing.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...