Gautam Gambhir Picked his India's XI against Pakistan match in T20 World Cup

8 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Besides captaincy change, Shardul ahead of Shami and batting ahead of Jadeja would have made this line up almost perfect. Not to be.

We will also miss Natarajan. Not sure why he was ignored when he is likely to get plenty of opportunities to prove his match fitness during the IPL.

Yeah somehow selectors rate Jaddu's batting pretty highly & even TM.  From a Naked eye perspective Shardul looks much better hitter of cricket ball than him.  Let's see how both of em go in IPl. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

With so many Right handers in Pakistan team..  Rahul Chahar is a must.  I'd be tempted to have Varun C in for Shami who is nothing special in T20I.  Hardik can be the glorified 3rd pacer. 

that can also be done but they have azam n hafeez in middle who still play spin better then seamers. They ll like to face any kind of spinner more then a pacer

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah somehow selectors rate Jaddu's batting pretty highly & even TM.  From a Naked eye perspective Shardul looks much better hitter of cricket ball than him.  Let's see how both of em go in IPl. 

Jadeja's hitting has improved in IPL in the last couple of seasons and we got a glimpse of it in the T20 in Australia (his batting won us the game, but he was subbed out for concussion). If he can become consistent, it only makes this team that much more stronger. His defensive bowling in T20Is has been quite good

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Why we need 4 seamers in Dubai, assuming Hardik will bowl? I would play the same team and have Ashwin in place of Shami 

Ashwin will play against sides which have more LHBs in top 7, like WI, Eng. I think he'll be the joker in the deck of cards, unleashed in SF. 

Pak is RHB dominated, so we need Axar/Chahar, maybe even a mystery spinner like Varun can work. 

26 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that can also be done but they have azam n hafeez in middle who still play spin better then seamers. They ll like to face any kind of spinner more then a pacer

Umm..  Azam isn't that good vs spin.  Kuldeep bamboozled him in Asia Cup & World cup(even when he was struggling). Babar would like Pace coming on to the bat. Rwason why he bats at the Top in T20Is. Hafeez is good player of spin though.  Again a sharp spell of Bumrah in between would be nice.  

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ashwin will play against sides which have more LHBs in top 7, like WI, Eng. I think he'll be the joker in the deck of cards, unleashed in SF. 

Pak is RHB dominated, so we need Axar/Chahar, maybe even a mystery spinner like Varun can work. 

Pak batsmen like babar and rizwan will 100% struggle against ashwin, they are very poor agaisnt spin 

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Umm..  Azam isn't that good vs spin.  Kuldeep bamboozled him in Asia Cup & World cup(even when he was struggling). Babar would like Pace coming on to the bat. Rwason why he bats at the Top in T20Is. Hafeez is good player of spin though.  Again a sharp spell of Bumrah in between would be nice.  

I think he is talking about azam khan

Babar opens, its azam khan who comes in middle order and is considered a big hitter against spin

Edited by New guy
8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

NZ as well probably  Conway & Williamson had issues against Ashwin in tests at least. 

43 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

azam khan 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What's this hype about him? Overall T20 record 1000 runs@22, SR of 146

SLPL: 10 matches, 215 runs@187 (anyone who could hold a batwas having a gala time at this league)

PSL: 10 matches, 174 runs@18, SR of 133

CPL: 8 matches, 178 runs@22, SR of 124

Basically someone who can hit a 50 off 25-30 balls once in a bluemoon

Clearly a quota pick. Hasn't done enough to earn a national spot. Will be a liability in the field and thus likely to waste a spot in that Pakistani 11. On fitness ground alone, he shouldn't be playing international cricket.