Australia just won the T20 World Cup.

6 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

That was an incredible victory, because not only was it with a weak team but came under extreme circumstances (unprecedented injuries, racial abuse).

But, I consider the performance in the Olympic Games slightly bigger than the Test series win in Australia. We made a comeback from Rio debacle and had to prove a point that India is moving ahead in Sporting excellence. Olympics is much bigger than any WC of cricket as there are 200+ nations competing. 

What is good to see is the corporate involvement and a good Sports Ministry that has encouraged athletes to train and give their best. Credit must be given to the government. Similarly, Odisha has prioritized Archery and Hockey and given home to Indian Hockey under its own expense. Such actions make me very positive about India's rise in Hockey going ahead. Same is the case with Badminton and other disciplines.

Not always. So wti es the best don't even compete in Olympics. It's a good level for young athletes. 

Nobody really cares about t20I's. Theres a reason that Australia never even trys to put a full strength team out in bilaterals. Australia has been playing test matches since the 1880's while everyone else except England didn't really start until the later half of the 20th century. So people will probably be more likely to go to a limited over game to watch but  wont remember it. hardly anybody I know watched the 2019 ashes but everyone knew that Australia retained it and that David Warner did nothing. 

Then theres also Australia having won 5 world cups before, half of all ODI world cups. No T20's before but nobody really knew or cared. And also we've beaten NZ in every knockout game since the 80's.

Also Asia has a much lower production value for the TV broadcast and the games were 1am-4am on weeknights. So nobody actually watched it.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Not always. So wti es the best don't even compete in Olympics. It's a good level for young athletes. 

Some sports disciplines don't. Not all.

I know Football is weak along with Tennis (somehow they underperform). but other sports have all top athletes.

13 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

Yeah, same just had a few meetings and asked people about the cricket some didn't even know there was a cricket match on and the Aussies had won.

It's a joke that Aussies don't even care about this, 

Are you in Australia?

Yes, I am based in Perth

13 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

OP can flaunt the Aussie success all he wants.  Fair play to him:hatsoff:  His adopted country is doing well in so many sports...  Better than many first world countries.   But never forget your roots that's all I can say to him. 

Guy is a pathetic turn coat who comes here to whitewash his exposed insecurities out of living in a least evolved western country with all stronghold Australia rhetoric it’s a sign of Stockholm syndrome. Treat his views with utmost contempt please, but please go easy on him guy is weak.

Edited by Vilander