U19 World Cup Discussion

nsareen

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

needs to change surname first. only kumars allowed. vinny kumar, boobi kumar, ravi kumar, and praveen kumar - like voltron, the ultimate defender, they will combine to yield the ultimate trundler, who shall be named kumar kumar

Should not be a hard exercise. I mean if Yusuf Khan can become Dilip Kumar or Mahjabeen Bano can become Meena Kumari..... it should be easy to become Kartik Kumar or Ravi Kumar.

Edited by AKane
6 minutes ago, AKane said:

Should not be a hard exercise. I mean if Yusuf Khan can become Dilip Kumar or Mahjabeen Bano can become Meena Kumari..... it should be easy to become Kartik Kumar or Ravi Kumar.

indeed, a much smaller name change required.

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

135kph pe wicket keeper 20 yards back nahi hoga like for Hangargekar.

So you are saying he is hitting 140? He legit looks quick. I am very dubious about vats speed too. Vasu vats looks very quick. No way he is just 130. He loons 135 plus easily. Beautiful run up and action. He is a strong well built lad.

Just now, Jay said:

So you are saying he is hitting 140? He legit looks quick. I am very dubious about vats speed too. Vasu vats looks very quick. No way he is just 130. He loons 135 plus easily. Beautiful run up and action. He is a strong well built lad.

speed guns in both indian domestics and U19 are visually at least 5 kph slower than int'l speeds

I personally don’t feel the speedguns would be way off.. maybe by 2-3 kph , but not a great deal.. these are kids and bowling 135+ takes a lot of strength when the body has not yet developed.. so they are doing great for the age and when these kids grow up, they maybe able to add a few kms to their speed naturally..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Bhai, even Doull in first game said he is bowling early 140s. Look at how ball flies through on that slow pitch. I don't believe he isnt bowling as quick as Mavi, Nagarkoti or even tyagi. No batsman get hurried at 135kph these days, not even u19. 

I remember Khaleel and Shubham Mavi bowling 130-135 in 2016 u19 wc and they weren't hurrying anyone.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, nsareen said:

I personally don’t feel the speedguns would be way off.. maybe by 2-3 kph , but not a great deal.. these are kids and bowling 135+ takes a lot of strength when the body has not yet developed.. so they are doing great for the age and when these kids grow up, they maybe able to add a few kms to their speed naturally..

If Mavi Nagarkoti Kartik can bowl 145 at 19, why not Hangargekar. Hangargekar looks a strong lad. It's not just about speed readings but how he hurries batsmen repeatedly. Do you think he is bowling Bhuvi speed of 135?

If Mavi Nagarkoti Kartik can bowl 145 at 19, why not Hangargekar. Hangargekar looks a strong lad. It's not just about speed readings but how he hurries batsmen repeatedly. Do you think he is bowling Bhuvi speed of 135?

i feel guns vary due to conditions , australia typically has fast pitches unlike west indies..

Even though you see the ball carry through to the keeper, it’s due to the bounce & not necessarily high pace.

Bhuvi is average 128, Hangargekar might be average 133-135, quickest 141 types.. on very fast pitches he maybe able to touch 90mph, but that’s saying a really fast pitch..

I did say earlier he was recorded 135 in india by his coaches, so if he can get to 140 on these guns that’s a big improvement, not to say he cannot add 4-5kph when he grows a bit more in a couple of years & stays fit..

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Karthik and nagarkoti both are had great actions in terms of technical aspects, they were well coached, rajvardhan slows down just before his jump and hangs in the air for to long. 

23 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Karthik and nagarkoti both are had great actions in terms of technical aspects, they were well coached, rajvardhan slows down just before his jump and hangs in the air for to long. 

Technical aspects are just one part. They don't make anyone bowl quick. Pace is natural thing. It cannot be taught. Technical aspects cannot make you bowl quick. People spread a lot of rubbish in the garb of technical aspects. Technical aspects can help you maximize your pace ceiling. That's it. A 90 mph bowler is born with pace. On visual cue, Hangargekar doesn't look any slower than Kartik, Nagarkoti. The biggest cue for me is where the wk stands and how ball flies through after hitting the bat or thick edges.

4 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

No one is perfect but this young man has enough talent to play for India in 2-3 years . His runup is not like Styne or Waqar but he is well built and has good height and will not be a trundler , is lively enough to trouble the batsmen if he learned other tricks of a good fast bowler also , particularly swing. Tyagi , in my opinion has been the best fast bowler came through under 19 circuit for India in last 2-3 WCs, but physically he is not that strong, not like this lad. 

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

18 year Nagarkoti bowled 149

yes, he was just a shade below 150 on his fastest ball. I remember thinking at that time that he could hit 155-156 kph as peak speed when he was in early or mid 20s. sadly, that will probably not come to pass given how his career has nosedived after injuries.