Saha vs the Respect journalist and ganguly's fake assurance

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Saha hasnt named anyone publicly but :giggle:

A 6 min mark Boria says,

Now the Wriddhiman has decided to put my name in public domain, my lawyers feel that this is a perfect case, a befitting case for us to serve a defamation notice on Wriddhiman Saha.

When did put his name in public domain? How will defamation case hold up in court?

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Even in this video he is threatening Saha with legal defamation. What an idiot.

The tweet was also clearly threatening. His only (silly) defence being it was send on different date wont save him.

I wonder what are the grounds he has identified for such "defamation" that will stand up in court.

Not sure why fellow ICFers are seeing everything from Saha's point of view and calling Boria as the only bad person in this drama.

Granted Boria was very disrespectful and quite rude to a player but that is something the player can take action against using player unions or BCCI or such thing.

What has that do with Saha getting dropped from test squad.  Why are two completely unrelated things being spoken on the same page when one has nothing to do with other.

Boria makes a point in the video that I agree with. On 13th of February, Boria was extremely disrespectful towards Saha in . Why did Saha wait until 19th February to say "After all my contributions to Indian cricket, this is what a respected journalist says me...". Really, if Saha was selected in the test squad, would Boria's action be alright.

And people saying Boria could have done this communication closed doors. Indeed Boria could have but even Saha could do the same too on 19th Feb. What is his point in writing that tweet on the day he got dropped from the test squad.

Next, Boria is threatening Saha. Really, what can he threaten with. Is Boria going to send some goons onto Saha because the latter refused to answer his call or not give interview. Or Boria is somehow going to work with BCCI in Saha not getting selected because he is not interviewing with Boria.

What happened between Saha and Boria is some tussle between two individuals and the employer/agency such as BCCI will deal with it. Not sure, why Saha's selection has anything to do with it at all.

6 hours ago, sarcastic said:

Not sure why fellow ICFers are seeing everything from Saha's point of view and calling Boria as the only bad person in this drama.

Granted Boria was very disrespectful and quite rude to a player but that is something the player can take action against using player unions or BCCI or such thing.

i can’t speak for other people on this forum but I’ll tell you why I’m coming down on Saha’s side.

It’s probably been a two way street between them, as is the case with journalists and contacts everywhere.  And Saha deserves his dropping and basically threw a tantrum post that.

But what gets me is that Saha is a man who has sweated blood to get to where he has, has come up through one of the most competitive processes in the country, and has through sheer hard work, grit and talent. 

Add to that a good number of journalists these days come across as opportunists and parasites.  Bohria may be a hard worker, he may be a good writer (I disagree totally but can accept a contrary opinion ), but he is nothing without his sources, contacts.  Whatever he may think. And he also seem at to have acquired that classic journalist arrogance, thinking he is above what he covers. 

I think many of us here and elsewhere recognise this cognitive and normative tension between the doer (Saha) and the  quintessential hanger on (Bohria).  And we  dislike the fact that someone who is essentially replaceable in a day can thus attack a person who (whatever we may think) is highly talented and has represented his country at the highest level. 

There may be layers to the story, you’re right, but prima facie, as they say in desh - yeh hajam nahi ho raha.