Ravindra Dudeja - Losing matches since 2009

2nd best innings from india was Kohli in the context of the game.

His timely boundaries did ease some pressure.

Jadeja was as usual a good supporting act. As I have said before, Jadeja’s best is usually a secondary support act. Not too much to nitpick here but yes I didn’t trust Jadeja to win the game on his own.

I thought jaddu innings was bang avg 

• his attacking shots mostly came against nawaz which is a favourable matchup for him. He still cudnt attack shadab which as a lone left hander was his job, struggled against hard length with hardik too .
  • Without pandya he wont have won the game 
  • RRR just suited his innings and these kind of innings are normal with him 

Target range men tha bas varna yahi innings gandi nazar aati

9 hours ago, maniac said:

2nd best innings from india was Kohli in the context of the game.

yup he was in command till he was their , the hard lengths their bowlers used against Pandya-jaddu wont have worked against kohli . 

Kohli just looked shaky at start which any batsman wud , no one comes out set from dressing room unless someone is in his purple patch 

He did more than an okay job against Pakistan.

Nawaz and Naseem were their best bowlers and none of our batters were able to hit them but Jaddu scored 4 boundaries against them (two 4s and two 6s) at crucial junctures. And his two economical overs were key as well. I know he hasn't been great in T20is but to criticize him based on the last game is just plain stupidity.

15 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Being a left hander, it becomes easier to play shots against the likes of Shadab and Nawaz.  (Particularly Nawaz).  He was promoted up the order specifically for that reason.  It worked to some extent.  Having said that, it was actually the presence of Pandya at the other end which made jaddu' job easier IMO.  

Lol at the mental gymnastics you do to undermine Jadeja's contribution. 

1 minute ago, AuxiliA said:

Lol at the mental gymnastics you do to undermine Jadeja's contribution. 

Scoring 35 off 29 (SR of 120)

This is NOT a match winning inning by any stretch of imagination.  It's not as if the pitch was a minefield and we were chasing 120.   If not for Pandya's Blinder, we would hv definitely lost the match.   

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Scoring 35 off 29 (SR of 120)

This is NOT a match winning inning by any stretch of imagination.  It's not as if the pitch was a minefield and we were chasing 120.   If not for Pandya's Blinder, we would hv definitely lost the match.   

Also if not for Jadeja's initial attack on their spinners we would have lost too. He forced Pak to keep their SLA for the 20th over. Even Wasim Akram acknowledged that. 

Jadeja only slowed down when Hardik started hitting. He batted much better than Rohit and SKY in that match, both were struggling big time. He kept us going swiftly in the middle overs and only after that Hardik finished it for us. 

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

Jadeja gets more genuine appreciation on padosi and SENA forums than here lol. 

Kohli also gets more appreciation on padosi forums than here :winky:     I hv visited English forums and BigFooty. Hv not seen jaddu getting much appreciation. I could be wrong though.    I m genuinely interested to see that.   Would be great if u can share the link/s here.   

Edited by Frustrated
5 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Kohli also gets more appreciation on padosi forums than here :winky:     I hv visited English forums and BigFooty. Hv not seen jaddu getting much appreciation. I could be wrong though.    I m genuinely interested to see that.   Would be great if u can share the link/s here.   

I said that in relative terms. He is better rated on neutral forums and Reddit for sure. Here he gets lambasted even after decent performances. Especially the OP has an irrational hate boner for him. 

Kohli is a different beast. He gets liked/disliked more for his off field activities than on field ones. He's more of a celebrity than a cricketer now.