"Accidental" missile launch lands in Pakistan

sandeep

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

Looks like it was Warning shot to Pakistan to stop sending  drones with arms in Punhab.

Exactly Or maybe Paxtan was upto something...  

Pakistanis are being awfully quiet right now

They’ve taken india to the UN or recalled their HC for a lot less.   Something definately has happened behind the scenes. 

This was very clearly a mission with many LIKELY objectives.

1) SOP of Pak to intercept and react to our best cruise missiles 

2) Test of how Pak responds in retaliation and how OUR  defense battery can counter it. This is objective is more strategic - also meant to test Chinese technology - because China has likely shared alot if not everything with Pak

In a few days or weeks - Pak may do something similar in retaliation and call it an accident.

Then our defenses would come into play -

how would the combine of Akash, S400 and other air defense layers perform. 

If Pak does not do something similar in retaliation - it is only and only because they don’t have the means.. which I don’t think is the case.

Expect something in the days and weeks ahead and let’s see how our defense battery performs. 

1 minute ago, mishra said:

^ Brahmos don’t need any testing. My above message is based on hint given by someone who knows this stuff.

You are missing the point.  It’s not about testing Brahmos but gathering electronic intelligence about their made in China air defense architecture and also assessing their SOP ( standard operating procedure ) to deal with a missile attack. 

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

You are missing the point.  It’s not about testing Brahmos but gathering electronic intelligence about their made in China air defense architecture and also assessing their SOP ( standard operating procedure ) to deal with a missile attack. 

Pak would do nothing. This attack was signalling. I trust the source cos he was one who said Trust Modi. Terhanvi bhi nahi beeti hai  and Balakot happened.

4 minutes ago, mishra said:

Pak would do nothing. This attack was signalling. I trust the source cos he was one who said Trust Modi. Terhanvi bhi nahi beeti hai  and Balakot happened.

Signalling our capabilities to take out key masterminds squatting across the LOC COULD be one of the objectives, I don’t disagree. 

I think we all agree that it was not an

“ accident “  or “ mechanical failure” as is being put out officially. 

6 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Signalling our capabilities to take out key masterminds squatting across the LOC COULD be one of the objectives, I don’t disagree. 

I think we all agree that it was not an

“ accident “  or “ mechanical failure” as is being put out officially. 

Yep...  A deeper dive  I suspect Kaali daal & Bajwa were up to something as political scenes in Paxtan last week or so have been very curious & a false flag operation could not have been ruled out. 

Does anyone have an idea of how many Brahmos units (as in single missile, not battery)  that are currently operational and what’s our annual manufacturing throughput ? 

I guess it is a strategic secret. 

But I hope the number that is operational  is in several 1000s - if we are going to have a 1-2 months high intensity kinetic conflict  - having 5000-6000 thousand units of this could be decisive.   

Edited by rangeelaraja

34 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Does anyone have an idea of how many Brahmos units (as in single missile, not battery)  that are currently operational and what’s our annual manufacturing throughput ? 

But I hope the number that is operational  is in several 1000s - if we are going to have a 1-2 months high intensity kinetic conflict  - having 5000-6000 thousand units of this could be decisive.   

I guess our Prithvi missiles are in several thousand numbers as reported along Chinese border.  And can hit deep into Xinjiang & Tibetan bases unlike Brahmos. 

Brahmos new extended prototype won't be in too many big numbers but older one probably.  I suppose it's specifically kept for Pakistan.  As a missile warfare with Pakistan seems more likely with favorable geography for this kind of kinetic action as well.

Recent event now almost confirms it as well.   

Subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay which carries bigger payload like US Tomahawk has barely got out of testing phase.  Indians have built it from scratch & have faced numerous setbacks.  It has been inducted last year but let's see where we go with this. 

Last year it was reported that Pakistani Hatf/Nasr missile developed along with Chinese has been deployed in Sialkot to Target Jammu/Pathankot sector as well. 

Now with reports of S400 batteries in Punjab at least that threat is now nullified to a extent.  

9 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Very difficult to give any number but China believes we have 14000 brahmos missiles.

http://defenceupdate.in/chinese-believe-india-has-more-than-14000-brahmos-missiles-is-it-true/

Edited by rkt.india

12 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I am more shocked that Pakistani Air defenses captured its entire flight path...  This is serious stuff & heads need to roll at IAF.  

We were surprised by their AWACS on 27 feb 2019 as well.  After that IAF had to place an order for Israeli AWACS.

Now I do know that lot of Chini maal has been supplied recently & Pakistan did had american air defense systems since 2000's. 

Some serious introspection is needed in IAF... A Cheetah Helicopter crashed today as well.  OSINT guys were claiming IAF shot its own again. 

Nope they don't know entire flight path in face saving they are saying it. Otherwise how come it flown in Pak space freely for 7 min and they dint shoot or took any action. Looks like people believe in ISPR narrative more now a days after balakot where they claimed they shot down 3 Indian plane and captured 3 pilots.

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I guess our Prithvi missiles are in several thousand numbers as reported along Chinese border.  And can hit deep into Xinjiang & Tibetan bases unlike Brahmos. 

Brahmos new extended prototype won't be in too many big numbers but older one probably.  I suppose it's specifically kept for Pakistan.  As a missile warfare with Pakistan seems more likely with favorable geography for this kind of kinetic action as well.

Recent event now almost confirms it as well.   

Subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay which carries bigger payload like US Tomahawk has barely got out of testing phase.  Indians have built it from scratch & have faced numerous setbacks.  It has been inducted last year but let's see where we go with this. 

Last year it was reported that Pakistani Hatf/Nasr missile developed along with Chinese has been deployed in Sialkot to Target Jammu/Pathankot sector as well. 

Now with reports of S400 batteries in Punjab at least that threat is now nullified to a extent.  

We also have Agni range and Shaurya that can attain hypersonic speeds.

The missile was travelling at less than 3 Mach speed for it reach the target at 6 minutes. Must be a faulty dummy test. A prototype of earlier version.

The current version of Brahmos 2 has a speed of Mach 8, forget about shooting it down (as their ISPR claimed) they don't even have the capability to track it in Radar sensor. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

We also have Agni range and Shaurya that can attain hypersonic speeds.

Agni series is ballistic missile series in which most of the flight trajectory occurs outside the atmosphere.  Mostly ICBM & IRBMS are of that kind.  Their accuracy is lesser compared to cruise ones. 

Cruise missiles are different they fly close to terrain & also can be jet propelled & strike targets with great accuracy. 

Brahmos is jointly developed by India Russia while Nirbhay is completely indigenous subsonic cruise missile designed to match US Tomahawk a battle tested CM.   There have been reports it can be fired from submarines as well. 

Pakistani Babur subsonic cruise missile is a copy of US Tomahawk as one Pakistani scientist said they got hold of one during Afghan war & they reverse engineered it.  Basically it was their first indigenous cruise missile.  Still it isn't as good as Tomahawk. 

India as of today is still not considered hypersonic.  Even China has taken years to develop that capacity.  We are close though.  Shourya is a good start. 

https://eurasiantimes.com/indias-hypersonic-missile-drdo-indian-navy-could-go-hypersonic/?amp

31 minutes ago, nikrulz said:

The missile was travelling at less than 3 Mach speed for it reach the target at 6 minutes. Must be a faulty dummy test. A prototype of earlier version.

The current version of Brahmos 2 has a speed of Mach 8, forget about shooting it down (as their ISPR claimed) they don't even have the capability to track it in Radar sensor. 

It wasn't shot down...  They Ghanta don't have capability.  Look at the videos it did struck its target. 

Phat Gyi hai inki Tbhi 2 din baad yaad aayi ISPR ko:phehe: 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Agni series is ballistic missile series in which most of the flight trajectory occurs outside the atmosphere.  Mostly ICBM & IRBMS are of that kind.  Their accuracy is lesser compared to cruise ones. 

Cruise missiles are different they fly close to terrain & also can be jet propelled & strike targets with great accuracy. 

Brahmos is jointly developed by India Russia while Nirbhay is completely indigenous subsonic cruise missile designed to match US Tomahawk a battle tested CM.   There have been reports it can be fired from submarines as well. 

Pakistani Babur subsonic cruise missile is a copy of US Tomahawk as one Pakistani scientist said they got hold of one during Afghan war & they reverse engineered it.  Basically it was their first indigenous cruise missile.  Still it isn't as good as Tomahawk. 

India as of today is still not considered hypersonic.  Even China has taken years to develop that capacity.  We are close though.  Shourya is a good start. 

https://eurasiantimes.com/indias-hypersonic-missile-drdo-indian-navy-could-go-hypersonic/?amp

Brahmos 2 hypersonic is under development. 

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Brahmos 2 hypersonic is under development. 

Yes by 2025 I expect us to go full on hypersonic.  

At the moment we are working on MIRV capability to have parity with the Chinese.  

Agni V was tested last year &,  reports said an advanced version Agni P might have MIRV capability in couple of years.  Currently only 5 nations including China has that capability. 

https://www.news18.com/news/explainers/explained-as-india-plans-agni-v-test-heres-how-itll-boost-deterrence-and-why-china-is-not-amused-4241852.html