Building a bowling attack for this year t20 Wc

Ankit_sharma03

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ll rather back siraj, Avesh, Khaleel for the other bowler job . I know siraj is not in form but form in indian conditions in IPL will have nothing to do with form in Wc aus ,m neways form of IPL shudnt matter much. Khaleel gives that variety and he also can take wkts in bunch changing the game . With Avesh , much better t20 bowler then prasidh and covers all phases.........he has to bowl absolute to  **** not to be successful in Aus 

Yup, Avesh was in my mind. He has everything. Is tall, can swing but also hit the deck when needed, can bowl at any situation. But, he gives me choker vibes and has rythm issues. Trust him to give full tosses in death.

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Their is no evidence to it, infact those runs of edges can be very costly at death. Suiting pitches alone wont get u through death which BTW in Aus ull find diff surfaces. 

At death u need experience, control and temprament . He doesnt even experience at IPL level in death overs , SRH have the luxury of other bowlers thats allowing them to use him in his best phase- thats middle. He cant control the new ball as of now which is why they arent giving him new ball . To build an attack around Umran u need the luxury of 2 or 2+ phase bowlers which none of umesh, prasidh, thakur, shami are even chahar isnt but he doesnt leak much at death which doesnt make him a negative. Or Rather have a 4 pacer attack but avoid jaddu in that case (which anyways shud be in t20) as he cannot bowl in most phases , so even for a 4 man pace attack u need someone like Shadab Khan  

He bowls good Yorkers and that's enough for him bowl at least one over at death. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Where is bumrah ??

Nattu actually has started bowling in PP and is swinging it a bit but as of now cant rely him for PP breakthroughs 

U need to all phase bowlers with umran or guy who can be 2 phase , bumrah is all phase add to that a spinner who can bowl in PP is always a plus specially against a side like england 

even i dn trust nattu to give wkts at start. Cant play harshal, nattu, arshdeep, prasidh with umran 

Ill rather back siraj, Avesh, Khaleel for the other bowler job . I know siraj is not in form but form in indian conditions in IPL will have nothing to do with form in Wc aus ,m neways form of IPL shudnt matter much. Khaleel gives that variety and he also can take wkts in bunch changing the game . With Avesh , much better t20 bowler then prasidh and covers all phases.........he has to bowl absolute to  **** not to be successful in Aus 

Mohsin bee hai

4 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

How about this attack-

Prasidh (PP & middle)

Nattu (PP & death)

Washi (PP & middle)

Bumrah (middle and death)

Hardik (middle)

Anything missing @Suhaan, @Ankit_sharma03

India has no option but to use Boom like SRH is using Umran. He is not taking wickets for too long.

Hardik's bowling fitness is a big issue. Can be the 6th bowler and not the 5th due to this reason.

Washington's hitting ability at 7 is not a proven thing yet.

And since we bat Hardik at 6, another bowler or batsman is possible .... and Umran will be a big candidate.

Edited by express bowling

4 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

How about this attack-

Prasidh (PP & middle)

Nattu (PP & death)

Washi (PP & middle)

Bumrah (middle and death)

Hardik (middle)

Anything missing @Suhaan, @Ankit_sharma03

India has no option but to use Boom like SRH is using Umran. He is not taking wickets for too long.

Since the bowling core is very good, let's arrange this in terms of batting order.

6. Hardik

7.  Washington / Any other good spinner who can do his role with the ball and hit big too

8. Umran ... my addition.

9. Bumrah

10. Nattu

11. Prasidh

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Since the bowling core is very good, let's arrange this in terms of batting order.

6. Hardik

7.  Washington / Any other good spinner who can do his role with the ball and hit big too

9. Bumrah

10. Nattu

11. Prasidh

4 number 11s essentially. Won't work bro. Need one hitter at 8. 

Prasidh. Umran. Booms

Number 8 perhaps Deepak or shardul if fit. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Prasidh. Umran. Booms

What you are saying is right bro and Team India has followed that pattern too.

But I  was studying the composition of some of thd IPL Teams doing really well this time ... RR and GT ... and they have batting till 7 and five amazing bowlers.

Maybe something to think about too, isn't it  ?

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What you are saying is right bro and Team India has followed that pattern too.

But I  was studying the composition of some of thd IPL Teams doing really well this time ... RR and GT ... and they have batting till 7 and five amazing bowlers.

Maybe something to think about too, isn't it  ?

For sure I like the concept for t20. 

I was thinking in test and odi context long term. My mind automatically only thinks of tests lol. 

Think of great Aussie side of 2000. 

Mcgrath (number 11 proper)

Gillespie (number 11 more or less)

Lee (he can bat actually)

Warne (decent hitter)

We need that one fiery bowler from our outstanding pace attack to be able to bat. I am not referring to chahar pandya shardul type players. I want to see one of the premier bowlers get to a lee level batting standard. We lack that. It does on occasion cost is tests in sena. 

Umesh siraj tyagi prasidh umran. One of them need to learn to bat well. To a starc/Cummins or Lee level. 

We also need good batsmen ofocurse. 6 good batsmen. We don't need great batsmen. We need great bowlers which we have. We just need capable batsmen who put up decent scores and our bowling will take care of the rest. 

For odi tests I am looking at this as top 6 more or less long term

Paddikal/eeshwaran

Shaw. /  dhull 

Gill

Rahul. Tests and odi 

Sarfraz.  Tests only. 

Sundar (tests)  hardikaaa for odi 

Edited by Jay

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Prasidh. Umran. Booms

Bravo at 8 is called batting depth. Chahar at 8 is called fake batting depth. Tailenders are not expecting to win you matches but if they do, problem is in top 7, not depth. India's batting may be in that state.

Edited by Chakdephatte

2 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Bravo at 8 is called batting depth. Chahar at 8 is called fake batting depth. Tailenders are not expecting to win you matches but if they do, problem is in top 7, not depth.

We have lots of problems in batting. But yea. You are correct. 

1 minute ago, Chakdephatte said:

Bravo at 8 is called batting depth. Chahar at 8 is called fake batting depth. Tailenders are not expecting to win you matches but if they do, problem is in top 7, not depth.

Team India management want a batsman at 8 because they know that they will carry 2 or 3 duds in thd top 5.

And this is happening in tests as well as LOIs.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

For sure I like the concept for t20. 

I was thinking in test and odi context long term. My mind automatically only thinks of tests lol. 

Think of great Aussie side of 2000. 

Mcgrath (number 11 proper)

Gillespie (number 11 more or less)

Lee (he can bat actually)

Warne (decent hitter)

We need that one fiery bowler from our outstanding pace attack to be able to bat. I am not referring to chahar pandya shardul type players. I want to see one of the premier bowlers get to a lee level batting standard. We lack that. It does on occasion cost is tests in sena. 

Umesh siraj tyagi prasidh umran. One of them need to learn to bat well. To a starc/Cummins or Lee level. 

We also need good batsmen ofocurse. 6 good batsmen. We don't need great batsmen. We need great bowlers which we have. We just need capable batsmen who put up decent scores and our bowling will take care of the rest. 

For odi tests I am looking at this as top 6 more or less long term

Paddikal/eeshwaran

Shaw. /  dhull 

Gill

Rahul. Tests and odi 

Sarfraz.  Tests only. 

Sundar (tests)  hardikaaa for odi 

I am completely in favour of improving the batting abity of the amazing bowlers we have.

That's the solution.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

6. Hardik

9. Bumrah

10. Nattu

11. Prasidh

Good team, except that spin bowling is non-existent. Kuldeep Yadav on current form must be selected; more than Chahal. We need wicket-taking bowlers that can keep an opposition down to 150 or thereabouts. with Umran, Kuldeep, Prasidh, Nattu/Khaleel, and Bumrah/Shami, we have that attack. lastly, I don't fully trust bumrah anymore in LOIs especially in big games. still a gun player in Tests, but even there not so much in big games.

no need for batting from 7 onward.

Edited by Vijy

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am completely in favour of improving the batting abity of the amazing bowlers we have.

That's the solution.

Just don't understand this. I see starc, Cummins. 

I see Wagner averages 14 and trundler swinger soutthee. Both can bat and hang a bit. 

England have woakes, even *ing wood can slog. Or Ollie can hold the bat.

S Africa have Jansen. This one is the weakest out of sena but even rabada can tonk a bit. 

None of our premier bowlers can slog or tonk dor some reason. Why? 

Let's say our best attack which is easily the best in the world is;

Bumrah

Prasidh

Siraj/umran or shami

Problem is guys like wood and Ollie can extent batting till 9. 

Statc and Cummins too. And n.z etc. 

I am ok with one trundler swinger like thakur or chahar at 8. They can tonk and support. But number 9?

I only see tyyagi developing as a capable batsman. Maybe mavi due to his changed bowling can mould into a bowling all rounder. That's his best bet tbh. He wants to be a trundler it seems. Or perhaps we can look at hangerakar. 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Just don't understand this. I see starc, Cummins. 

I see Wagner averages 14 and trundler swinger soutthee. Both can bat and hang a bit. 

England have woakes, even *ing wood can slog. Or Ollie can hold the bat.

S Africa have Jansen. This one is the weakest out of sena but even rabada can tonk a bit. 

None of our premier bowlers can slog or tonk dor some reason. Why? 

Let's say our best attack which is easily the best in the world is;

Bumrah

Prasidh

Siraj/umran or shami

Problem is guys like wood and Ollie can extent batting till 9. 

Statc and Cummins too. And n.z etc. 

I am ok with one trundler swinger like thakur or chahar at 8. They can tonk and support. But number 9?

I only see tyyagi developing as a capable batsman. Maybe mavi due to his changed bowling can mould into a bowling all rounder. That's his best bet tbh. He wants to be a trundler it seems. Or perhaps we can look at hangerakar. 

latest gen can all bat a bit. hangu, raj bawa, kartik tyagi. however, they are not players who would avg > 20 in tests or ODIs IMO

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

latest gen can all bat a bit. hangu, raj bawa, kartik tyagi. however, they are not players who would avg > 20 in tests or ODIs IMO

Bhai, 15 is more than enough for number 9. 

Statc Cummins average around there. Wood and Ollie too. 

I just want 15-20 from number 9.

20 to 25 from number 8. 

Is that too much to ask for from our pompous rich assholes that play for India? 

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I'm not sure about this, never heard if he has any batting ability. Even in the U-19 WC he was a legitimate tailender.