What is the difference between Sehwag and Prithvi Shaw

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Comparing with the possibility of him attaining the status of Sehwag. He was a lower middle order batsman who could bowl a few overs when he started. Smith was a no.8 batsman too.

Wont be like Sehwag. Better in SEN and worse everywhere else.

No one predicted Smith's rise as a batsman at that age

27 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Even sehwag had lots of doubters but that debut test hundred turned things around .I remember how much criticism was done for picking him to tour sa,he was seen as another quota pick,as he was supposed to be a walking wicket against pacers specially in those conditions.

Somehow, it feels different with Shaw - cricketing talent is not the issue.  Just gives a vibe that he is stubborn and disinterested, especially in fielding and fitness.  Hope he can overcome this, because sky is the limit for him.  Maybe Sehwag had good mentorship within the team that kept him grounded - Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar etc, but Shaw is lacking that.

1 minute ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Somehow, it feels different with Shaw - cricketing talent is not the issue.  Just gives a vibe that he is stubborn and disinterested, especially in fielding and fitness.  Hope he can overcome this, because sky is the limit for him.  Maybe Sehwag had good mentorship within the team that kept him grounded - Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar etc, but Shaw is lacking that.

young kid with lots of money and fame to handle - Sehwag didn't have that problem

Shaw will be fine once he starts getting consistent run

18 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

It's like a chicken and egg deal.  To get a consistent run, he must show he deserves it.  Hope he gets it together soon.

Once seniors go,places will open up. He'll get a go then only

On 6/4/2022 at 1:32 AM, Majestic said:

Just another Overrated hyped prodigy. You give him consistent run, he will average 70 at home and 30 away. Nothing special or extraordinary except deluded hype.

so, he will be a warner? (70 + 30)/2 = 50, so that's one heck of an avg for an opener. even a HTB is welcome.

53 minutes ago, Vijy said:

so, he will be a warner? (70 + 30)/2 = 50, so that's one heck of an avg for an opener. even a HTB is welcome.

Warner is not rated very highly in tests and anyways, we have number of players who can score at home but fail away. Same will be the case with Shaw. What is the point if we continue losing matches overseas due to batting? Hence, we should look for all conditions bat.

The only thing going in Shaw's favour would be he will score runs fast and you have Pant for that in tests, focus should be on all conditions bat. If I am looking for an all conditions bat, we should look for a more consistent version of KL Rahul as on good days, they will perform overseas too.

30 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Pinto shinto ghunto, one's a certified legend while the other's a nobody :whack2:

Yes. not all the guys who made triple centuries at the high school go on to  have a great career. Sarfraz was projected to be next Sachin. i like special players with special talent. But i like players who make use of any opportunity they get more. I consider Gill as a special player with special talent. So far has disappointed me. Hope he finds some run in the mdidle order.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. not all the guys who made triple centuries at the high school go on to  have a great career. Sarfraz was projected to be next Sachin. i like special players with special talent. But i like players who make use of any opportunity they get more. I consider Gill as a special player with special talent. So far has disappointed me. Hope he finds some run in the mdidle order.

sarfaraz is still a player with great domestic stats. he has been treated too much like a T20 player, which he really is not.