Latest life expectancy numbers | state wise

randomGuy

92167035.jpg

Indian average close to 70 years ( 2015-19 period). Can't believe Delhi has the Highest life expectancy having so much air pollution. Without air pollution, I guess we would be living more than the Japanese lol.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/indias-life-expectancy-inches-up-2-years-to-69-7/articleshow/92166901.cms

Edited by randomGuy

10 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

92167035.jpg

Indian average close to 70 years ( 2015-19 period). Can't believe Delhi has the Highest life expectancy having so much air pollution. Without air pollution, I guess we would be living more than the Japanese lol.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/indias-life-expectancy-inches-up-2-years-to-69-7/articleshow/92166901.cms

perhaps the air pollution helps them withstand other health ailments too (not a serious remark).

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Good place to retire. Na koi jhanjhat.. na koi shikwa 

I don't mind the weather of Delhi, good diversity in weather year-round...roads, traffic sense, hustle ,water situation everything is better than most of India (obviously, being the rajdhani) but air pollution negates a lot of this ... Ummeed hai Gadkari ji kuch karenge...

Some more observations, normally women live 2.5-3 years more than men. The difference is 6.3 years (highest) for Uttarakhand, where as it is the opposite in Jharkhand and Bihar where men live more than women.

Edit: difference is the highest in Himachal actually (7.2 years)

Edited by randomGuy

3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Somehow, I got the impression that South Indian take little healthier diet than North Indians. 

Never thought this about Delhi. 

South Indian diet is healthier. But a reason Delhi has higher life expectancy could be because of its medical infrastructure.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:33 AM, randomGuy said:

I don't mind the weather of Delhi, good diversity in weather year-round...roads, traffic sense, hustle ,water situation everything is better than most of India (obviously, being the rajdhani) but air pollution negates a lot of this ... Ummeed hai Gadkari ji kuch karenge...

Some more observations, normally women live 2.5-3 years more than men. The difference is 6.3 years (highest) for Uttarakhand, where as it is the opposite in Jharkhand and Bihar where men live more than women.

Edit: difference is the highest in Himachal actually (7.2 years)

Could be down to the fact that the men have to step out far to work and risk accidents in the inclement weather. Women are mainly home makers or work close to their homes.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Could be down to the fact that the men have to step out far to work and risk accidents in the inclement weather. Women are mainly home makers or work close to their homes.

Agreed.. primary difference between men and women is hormones... greater testosterone (women also have testosterone, but lesser) in men and greater estrogen (also known as the happy hormone i believe) in women... the greater average ages of women also have to do with difference of these hormones i believe.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

One more interesting thing to note is neutral gender ratio at birth is about 105 males to 100 females... meaning 5 surplus males will be born for every 100 females ... Altho this is not the case in every ethnicity but the average is abt 105:100 for entire humanity(even without gender specific abortions etc)....for cats found in india i believe it is about 80:20 meaning 80 male kittens born for every 20 female kitten

Edited by randomGuy