Will Bazball work outside England?

sage

On 7/8/2022 at 10:19 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

This season has seen less swing and seam since ball tracking began in England. It has moved at times but when it stops, it completely flattened out. 

The Dukes ball has not been as conducive to movement because of quality issues. 

The real litmus test for Bazball will be when England tours Pakistan.

What's that test reading so far ?

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

The last time I saw England bat in India, I saw walking wickets everytime England batsman came out to walk.

It wont work.

Any place wether , India, Australia England they were walking wickets . 

I don't think you understand what this made up name of " bazball" is all about . 

4 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Any place wether , India, Australia England they were walking wickets . 

I don't think you understand what this made up name of " bazball" is all about . 

I dont think you understand or comprehend whatsoever the term "bazball".

My conclusion holds true. Go back, reflect and understand next time before engaging.

15 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I dont think you understand or comprehend whatsoever the term "bazball".

My conclusion holds true. Go back, reflect and understand next time before engaging.

" It won't work " .......I will ask you as others what is " it" you refer too ? 

12 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

What is " it" though ?

By "it", I'm obviously referring to the hyper aggressive approach to batting that England have adopted recently and which has become the talk of the cricketing world in recent times. 

Many fans and analysts think that it is this approach that has got England the series win in Pakistan.

I don't agree at all. I think it's the difference in the quality of the pace attacks. 

A lot of people have bought into the hype of Bazball but forget that Baz's NZ side didn't really win anything significant in Tests although they were better off than what they were earlier.

A high risk , high reward style of cricket is probably better for England since they don't have don't have quality Test match cricketers but it's not something that can be replicated over and over again. 

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

A high risk , high reward style of cricket is probably better for England since they don't have don't have quality Test match cricketers but it's not something that can be replicated over and over again. 

Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Root, Ben ducket, Stokes... all these batsmen have rich 1st class cricket experience. Cannot say they are not quality test cricketer unless you mean batting like Pujara is only quality test match batting.

Bazball is just a name for playing positive cricket. When the pitch is flat they go into full one day mode where they know they are very good now. Even in tough condition they have a long line of aggressive batsmen who when pitch eases out or ball loses shine will maximize the runs. Stokes/McCullum have just dialed it up and it seems to be working for them. 

There will be failures but it is not like they were not failing before. IT is worse when you are too conservative and unsure and then collapse without even scoring runs. It will be now up to the players to be smart about this. Someone like Root is very important in this setup. Stokes and Brooks look like they are smart enough to tailor their approach. 

Bazball is just lots of Johnny Bairstows. He hits through the line, plays fast and is mentally strong enough to not get out through stupid mistakes. He scores fasts an wins games.

And every time there's anything in the pitch his massive gap between bat and pad exposes his off stump and he gets his front pad blown off or nicks off.