Will Bazball work outside England?

sage

As much as I appreciate England's positive approach here, it also has to be taken into account that this pitch was not at all what a typical 5th day pitch would be. It reminded me of the pattas we've seen back in 2000's back in India. So yes, first let's see how does Bazball approach work on typical 5th day pitch, especially in Subcontinent test matches.. then we can come to a conclusion about it.

My prediction? It will work in SENA countries with this type of flat pancakes only, unless bowlers can conjure up reverse swing or some leggie can spin it big.

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I am telling you they will Shat in Pants in India.

In 2012,kp did it successfully against us,here they have bairstow and root provided they can remain in form till next tour I can't see no reason,also aggressive batsman historically have succeeded against us when they attack us, Hayden,gilly,inzi,Jayasuriya,kp,abdv 

56 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

In 2012,kp did it successfully against us,here they have bairstow and root provided they can remain in form till next tour I can't see no reason,also aggressive batsman historically have succeeded against us when they attack us, Hayden,gilly,inzi,Jayasuriya,kp,abdv 

Ya but many of them couldn't win series in India. I can tell you for sure even tomorrow series happened and both Ashwin and Jadega play other than root entire English team would be walking wkt. I know India is in **** right now but many of these English flat track bully will be thrashed badly if they play in same kind of pitch we served them durin last series.

the reason why bazball is looked upon with suspicion is that it will falter against teams that bat time and post 600. but T20 has murdered techniques all over the world to the point where that happens extremely rarely. no fear cricket is the way forward in tests. there is literally nothing to fear.

I think we are overrating Bazball..Root\ben stokes..etc did what they usually do..its Bairstow who chnaged the momentum..many times..

Can Bazball change Pujara or Vihara..NO..its mostly Bairstow fireworks..he should be given credit..you need those kind of players and flat tracks..clueless bowling..too

if we dont make good turners..then Root always has been a problem in India too..Pope will be too..I can see Ben stokes and Bairstow sweeping.hitting Indian spinners..they will play T20 style cricket..and Jaddu is easy fodder if that happens...we need some mystery in spinners..to counteract them..else..our bowlers..barring Bumrah are pathetic..when someone becomes agressive..

Credit to them though.. 

They did to test cricket in 2022 exactly what they did to ODI cricket in 2015. More teams will definitely take this up especially Australia, New Zealand etc. We'll be stuck with stroke less wonders with "solid techniques" like Vihari and Pujara though

Yes, it is likely to work on pitches that are sporting or batting friendly. In tough batting conditions, one positive inning can give a team a competitive score. 

Eng has put some thought & planning behind it, including through grooming right players for its approach and not worrying about losses (not short term oriented). Also the focus appears not to be on individual milestones. 

If Ind had 4-5 Sehwags (or attempted to groom such players), Ind could have been in for such a game too. 

Will be very interesting to watch.

Can't imagine it working that well in Pakistan, India or Australia.

Everywhere else it could. 

Root will always be quality and can be relied upon to score consistently but Bairstow possibly just having a purple patch and once his form fades will see if they fade.

South African attack should be the best one they face this summer so will be a good test, might also be the best batting line-up.