Stalin - The unknown Chess Prodigy

ravishingravi

5 hours ago, velu said:

What's more cringeworthy than this video is you trillvototing the OP ( even after you find the promotional video is cringeworthy ) :giggle: 

I trollvoted cause the OP is a fan of arguably the most fame hungry prime minister ever, but somehow has a problem with this :two_thumbs_up:

Besides this lame ad from TN, i wanted to acknowledge the dominance in chess that the state has had. So many GMs besides Vishwanathan Anand, 5 time world champion and still a great player at older age is pure inspiration and I am sure more deserving of Bharat Ratna than Sachin. Mathematics is a similar field I guess , of imagination and of logic, more interesting and useful than chess surely...In maths, TN gave the world Srinivasa Ramanujan, whose work in his famous notebooks is still being studied and sometimes expanded upon by many fields medalists.. I liked to study works of other top mathematicians like Euler, Guass, Newton etc. study proofs etc. and imagine their times - 17th , 18th centuries etc. It is fascinating, but through Ramanujan's story, his short life cut short by illness, i would say he was a freak of nature, was a greater talent than any mathematician in history, won't be wrong to say there was a Daivik (godly) hand on him.  Ramanujan, his place of birth, and his belongings be treasured, be part of some package tours, he should be celebrated across India as he is the real Pride of India and potential source of self-confidence for Indians as a race (if one thinks that way i.e. in terms of race).

couple of TN posters here take inspiration from these greats from their state i guess but in a wrong way, constantly being morons... dedicated morons.

Edited by randomGuy

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Besides this lame ad from TN, i wanted to acknowledge the dominance in chess that the state has had. So many GMs besides Vishwanathan Anand, 5 time world champion and still a great player at older age is pure inspiration and I am sure more deserving of Bharat Ratna than Sachin. Mathematics is a similar field I guess , of imagination and of logic, more interesting and useful than chess surely...In maths, TN gave the world Srinivasa Ramanujan, whose work in his famous notebooks is still being studied and sometimes expanded upon by many fields medalists.. I liked to study works of other top mathematicians like Euler, Guass, Newton etc. study proofs etc. and imagine their times - 17th , 18th centuries etc. It is fascinating, but through Ramanujan's story, his short life cut short by illness, i would say he was a freak of nature, was a greater talent than any mathematician in history, won't be wrong to say there was a Daivik (godly) hand on him.  Ramanujan, his place of birth, and his belongings be treasured, be part of some package tours, he should be celebrated across India as he is the real Pride of India and potential source of self-confidence for Indians as a race (if one thinks that way i.e. in terms of race).

couple of TN posters here take inspiration from these greats from their state i guess but in a wrong way, constantly being morons... dedicated morons.

As a tamilian, I can say there was some intrinsic genius in this culture. It wasn't  just logic or architecture or astronomy or music. There was an intuitive and devotional intelligence in the culture. All of that has been fairly eroded post periyar identity nonsense. The state is now fairly mediocre and losing all the top talent either to other states or countries. Lot of mediocre politically active people can kill intrinsic genius of best of cultures. 

On 7/16/2022 at 3:06 PM, ravishingravi said:

Not Stalin mass murdering dictator. But our own dynast CM who also happened to be great chess player.  Better than Vishy, Pragu or other 25 so called grandmasters from the state. None of them feature on video of chess tournament in Chennai. 

Stalin seems to have picked up the art from the Best!

Our PM appears on the vaccination certificate. The digital certificate has no space for any of the scientists who came up with our indigenous vaccine. Or the plant managers who ensured such a fast turn around in production. Is he better than the multitude of scientists/epidemiologists/molecular biologists?

Wonder how that slipped your otherwise thorough socio-political audit of current affairs.

FWIW, the Govt of TN hosted an amazing Chess Olympiad and gave a cash award to the Indian teams that had a podium finish.

11 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Stalin seems to have picked up the art from the Best!

Our PM appears on the vaccination certificate. The digital certificate has no space for any of the scientists who came up with our indigenous vaccine. Or the plant managers who ensured such a fast turn around in production. Is he better than the multitude of scientists/epidemiologists/molecular biologists?

Wonder how that slipped your otherwise thorough socio-political audit of current affairs.

FWIW, the Govt of TN hosted an amazing Chess Olympiad and gave a cash award to the Indian teams that had a podium finish.

It didn't slip my mind. I did bring it up. In fact, I recall that I had started a thread on NM stadium and why it shouldn't be named as such. 

But the good effort to distract from the core topic. But your political leanings has nothing to do with promotional video of THIS chess tournament.