If Arshdeep keeps performing , i think this will then be our 5 man pace bowling attack for T20 Wc

35 minutes ago, Lord said:

If Bhuvi and Harshal can play together, so can Bhuvi and Chahar.

Its three way race between Harshal,Chahar and Arshdeep. Arshdeep completes the attack but others two can bat. Chahar especially has improved his hitting.

Harshal is middle overs and death over bowler.

Deepak Chahar is a new bowl bowler.

Bhuvi is also a new bowl bowler and although he was good in death overs in past but now he is getting carted in death overs, and  especially in Australia. 

I will strict death overs role to Bumrah, Arshdeep and Harshal. Bumrah and Arshdeep will bowl an over or two in powerplays as well apart from death overs.

New bowl role is specifically for Bhuvi and Deepak Chahar. So, both Bhuvi and DC can't play together atleast for me because 

1. Indian TM may want to persist with two spinner and three pacer rule + Pandya. Jadeja himself will play as batting A/R.

2. Bhuvi and Deepak Chahar with new bowl don't give variety either. Two trundlers looking to swing the bowl. Arshdeep atleast will bring the angles into play.

Edited by Majestic
8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Harshal is middle overs and death over bowler.

Deepak Chahar is a new bowl bowler.

Bhuvi is also a new bowl bowler and although he was good in death overs in past but now he is getting carted in death overs, and  especially in Australia. 

I will strict death overs role to Bumrah, Arshdeep and Harshal. Bumrah and Arshdeep will bowl an over or two in powerplays as well apart from death overs.

New bowl role is specifically for Bhuvi and Deepak Chahar. So, both Bhuvi and DC can't play together atleast for me because 

1. Indian TM may want to persist with two spinner and three pacer rule + Pandya. Jadeja himself will play as batting A/R.

2. Bhuvi and Deepak Chahar with new bowl don't give variety either. Two trundlers looking to swing the bowl. Arshdeep atleast will bring the angles into play.

if Bhuvi and Harshal play together,Bumrah will have to bowl with new ball.

If Bhuvi and Chahar play together, we can save Bumrah for middle and death overs.

Arshdeep is the best option in bowling, but we need a no. 8 too.

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

If Bhuvi and Harshal play together,Bumrah will have to bowl with new ball.

If Bhuvi and Chahar play together, we can save Bumrah for middle and death overs.

Harshal can be that extra batsman you want. Don't start comparing now, they are part time batsmen.

Edited by Chakdephatte
4 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Harshal can be that extra batsman you want. Don't start comparing now, they are part time batsmen.

so what? you still try to pick the better one.Harshal seems to suit no. 9 than 8.

And its not like hes significantly better bowler. Just different type.

19 minutes ago, Lord said:

if Bhuvi and Harshal play together,Bumrah will have to bowl with new ball.

Nothing wrong with Bumrah bowling an over or even two with new bowl. Hardik can also bowl an over with new bowl. Bhuvi is your main new bowl bowler ultimately.

Bhuvi and Chahar are like for like. They can only play together if Chahar bats at 7 and Bhuvi at 8 and then we have two more pacers at 9 & 10. I would want someone else to support Bumrah in death overs too and that can be Arshdeep or Harshal.

One bowler that has gone off radar is Siraj. Had he been in right form and bowling at his best, I would have him in the XI for sure.

Edited by Majestic
1 minute ago, Lord said:

so what? you still try to pick the better one.Harshal seems to suit no. 9 than 8.

And its not like hes significantly better bowler. Just different type.

What?? Harshal is a genuine no.8. You seems to be confusing with no.7 I think.

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Nothing wrong with Bumrah bowling an over or even two with new bowl. Hardik can also bowl an over with new bowl. Bhuvi is your main new bowl bowler ultimately.

Bhuvi and Chahar are like for like. They can only play together if Chahar bats at 7 and Bhuvi at 8 and then we have two more pacers at 9 & 10. I would want someone else to support Bumrah in death overs too and that can be Arshdeep or Harshal.

One bowler that has gone off radar is Siraj. Had he been in right form and bowling at his best, I would have him in the XI for sure.

yes Siraj had a bad few months but seems to rediscovered his outswing and form. Won't be suprised if he pips everyone into the XI.

Bhuvi Bumrah Pandya is enough in death too.Chahar is usually more attacking in PP than even Bhuvi,on song he can take 3-4 quickly.Harshal is good in death with his slower ones but needs to offer more imo. Maybe improve on yorkers for death and more control in middle.

Arshdeep is brilliant, if only he could bat .

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

no. Harshal can slog but if needed can't bat for long. Deepak is better in that and can slog if required too.

In T20s, you don't need much from your no.8 anyways. Bat long?? That's not even required at 7 let alone at 8.

Deepak is a better bat no doubt and in this format, he can play at 7 also. But Harshal can play at 8 too. 

9 hours ago, Lord said:

yes Siraj had a bad few months but seems to rediscovered his outswing and form. Won't be suprised if he pips everyone into the XI.

Bhuvi Bumrah Pandya is enough in death too.Chahar is usually more attacking in PP than even Bhuvi,on song he can take 3-4 quickly.Harshal is good in death with his slower ones but needs to offer more imo. Maybe improve on yorkers for death and more control in middle.

yes chahar on his day has eaten top order and when he takes wkts he takes it in bulk.............bhuvi is more consistent and more rounded bowler but wont pick in bulk 

chahar is a runaway match winner on his day + he has shown a lot of grit with bat on occasions 

Just now, Majestic said:

In T20s, you don't need much from your no.8 anyways. Bat long?? That's not even required at 7 let alone at 8.

Deepak is a better bat no doubt and in this format, he can play at 7 also. But Harshal can play at 8 too. 

Yes, if our top order was strong, I'd have gambled with Chahar at 7. I don't think we need a spin AR in Aus. Unfortunately we have Pant and Kohli who are poor T20 players as of now.Rohit is on and off.

By long I mean 5 plus over. We can easily be 100/6 in 13-14.

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Pandya doesn't bowl in death overs, he mostly bowls with new bowl and occassionally in middle.

Bhuvi will get carted in death overs. Death overs are the most trickiest phase, you need pressure from both ends. I would have Arshdeep/Harshal pairing Bumrah for final four overs.

Bhuvi/Bumrah/Pandya with new bowl.

If Bhuvi doesn't play then Deepak Chahar for sure. At the moment, Chahar has just recovered from injury and need game time too.

Two ways I see my bowling attack :-

6. Pandya

7. Jadeja

8. Bhuvi

9. Harshal/Arshdeep( if Harshal then he will bat at 8)

10. Bumrah

11. Chahal

Another way which I perhaps don't see happening now would have been :-

6. Hardik Pandya

7. Deepak Chahar( new bowl)

8. Harshal Patel( middle and death)

9. Jasprit Bumrah( middle and death)

10. Mohammad Siraj( new bowl)

11. Yuzi Chahal

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

Yes, if our top order was strong, I'd have gambled with Chahar at 7. I don't think we need a spin AR in Aus. Unfortunately we have Pant and Kohli who are poor T20 players as of now.Rohit is on and off.

By long I mean 5 plus over. We can easily be 100/6 in 13-14.

I don't think so tbh. When Pakistan ran through India's batting lineup in last t20 world cup, our no.8 hardly faced 4 deliveries. I don't remember any situation ( let alone numerous) where Bhuvi or Shardul faced many deliveries coming at 8.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Pandya doesn't bowl in death overs, he mostly bowls with new bowl and occassionally in middle.

Bhuvi will get carted in death overs. Death overs are the most trickiest phase, you need pressure from both ends. I would have Arshdeep/Harshal pairing Bumrah for final four overs.

Bhuvi/Bumrah/Pandya with new bowl.

If Bhuvi doesn't play then Deepak Chahar for sure. At the moment, Chahar has just recovered from injury and need game time too.

Two ways I see my bowling attack :-

6. Pandya

7. Jadeja

8. Bhuvi

9. Harshal/Arshdeep( if Harshal then he will bat at 8)

10. Bumrah

11. Chahal

Another way which I perhaps don't see happening now would have been :-

6. Hardik Pandya

7. Deepak Chahar( new bowl)

8. Harshal Patel( middle and death)

9. Jasprit Bumrah( middle and death)

10. Mohammad Siraj( new bowl)

11. Yuzi Chahal

Pandya also has skills to bowl in death. Has done it before.

Bhuvi is good in death overs, almost as good as Harshal if not better. Has more variations and can hit yorkers more frequently.Form was an issue but seem to be back.

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

Bhuvi is good in death overs, almost as good as Harshal if not better. Has more variations and can hit yorkers more frequently.Form was an issue but seem to be back.

Bhai you are living in 2019. Those days are gone.

2 hours ago, Lord said:

Harshal is a proven performer in death overs. You are underrating him. Atleast in conditions which he has played, he has been excellent in death overs. Rest even Deepak Chahar also is unproven in places like Australia.