Jump to content
Ankit_sharma03

If Arshdeep keeps performing , i think this will then be our 5 man pace bowling attack for T20 Wc

Recommended Posts

  1. Bhuvi
  2. Bumrah
  3. Harshal
  4. Arshdeep
  5. Deepak chahar 

    Backup to deepak chahar incase of injury -Avesh  , Nattu (outside chance), shami (wont be surprised if we go back to him )

 

  • Bumrah, Harshal, Arshdeep, Bhuvi covers - Death phase (all covered)
  • Bumrah, Harshal, Arshdeep, bhuvi , hardik, chahal, jaddu and other spinners covers- middle phase
  • Bhuvi, Bumrah, Arshdeep (need more sample), Hardik , Ash/Bishnoi (provided they go) - New ball phase
  • Bowler who can bat - harshal only 

 

So if anything that can be added its someone who can use new ball to goo extent + can bat - this only makes the case for Deepak chahar . Deepak acts as perfect backup to bhuvi which needs to be covered properly . Nattu/ avesh with new ball wud be quite a difference on negative side. 

 

IF Deepak is injured then they may look at avesh who can bowl with new ball or nattu who showed great improvement with new ball in IPL . 

 

Unless they wanna go full on risky and throw Umran in mix , but he only offers mid phase which overcrowded right now 

 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Lord said:

if you are including Shami, dont rule Prasidh or even Thakur

shami atleast has had quite a few good yrs of IPL, praisdh ka best IPL bhi kuch khaas nhin tha. He has struggled in recent Odi's too........i dnt see any case of prasidh 

Thakur i wont rule out

 

Giving Mohsin, Mukesh.C will be more worth a shot then prasidh 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

OP has missed Hardik Pandya Completely, I think on form, he's our second best pacer after Bumrah currently and that makes a shoot out between Harshal and Arshdeep and Arshdeep might make a cut. Our lineup would be Bumrah, Pandya, Bhuvi, Arshdeep.

 

I have mentioned him as a 2 phase bowler, i have no doubt that hardik will be very handy in Australia .......wont be surprised if he wins a few games with ball itself 

 

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

  • Bumrah, Harshal, Arshdeep, Bhuvi covers - Death phase (all covered)
  • Bumrah, Harshal, Arshdeep, bhuvi , hardik, chahal, jaddu and other spinners covers- middle phase
  • Bhuvi, Bumrah, Arshdeep (need more sample), Hardik , Ash/Bishnoi (provided they go) - New ball phase
  • Bowler who can bat - harshal only 

 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Deepak hasn't played for a while even missed entire IPL. I doubt he will be given a go, even if fit. 

 

Rohit is showing faith in Arshdeep and if he keeps performing, he will be on the plane to Australia without doubt, but also part of 3 pace attack. 

 

 

Their is still some time and they ll wait for him too

If unfit then i mentioned they ll look at Avesh-Shami-Nattu , may be even thakur 

Link to comment

Harshal will be destroyed in Australia. He works in subcontinent conditions but on hard surfaces down under his deliveries will sit up nicely to get whacked over cow corner. 

 

And Bhuvi has once again conned everyone into thinking he's great t20 bowler and this will agait end in tears. 

 

 

 

Bumah, Arshdeep, Shami , Umran/Mohsin with Pandya is the ideal attack. Don't think there will be room for 5 specialist fast bowlers in the squad. 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Norman said:

Harshal will be destroyed in Australia. He works in subcontinent conditions but on hard surfaces down under his deliveries will sit up nicely to get whacked over cow corner. 

 

And Bhuvi has once again conned everyone into thinking he's great t20 bowler and this will agait end in tears. 

 

 

 

Bumah, Arshdeep, Shami , Umran/Mohsin with Pandya is the ideal attack. Don't think there will be room for 5 specialist fast bowlers in the squad. 

2 myths that will be destroyed this yr in Australia 

 

  • harshal relies on surfaces
  • Bhuvi is not a good t20 bowler or will be destroyed in Australia 

 

2 of biggest nonsense myths 

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

shami atleast has had quite a few good yrs of IPL, praisdh ka best IPL bhi kuch khaas nhin tha. He has struggled in recent Odi's too........i dnt see any case of prasidh 

Thakur i wont rule out

 

Giving Mohsin, Mukesh.C will be more worth a shot then prasidh 

Haven't seen Mukesh, But i think Mohsin has allot of Quality. Prasidh should be dropped from white ball tourneys from now and should focus on Test. He can be of a bigger use in Test Cricket. 

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Haven't seen Mukesh, But i think Mohsin has allot of Quality. Prasidh should be dropped from white ball tourneys from now and should focus on Test. He can be of a bigger use in Test Cricket. 

shud stick with him in ODI , neways their arent enough attacking options when it comes to fast bowling in ODI cricket . He has enough quality to be persisted with in ODI . Maar khake hi seekhega wo 

 

Since shami doesnt have many years left and bumrah wont play every series we need to prepare atleast 5 backup ODI bowlers who are ready all time ,at this point i can only name Siraj as an ODI option after Shami-Bumrah. 

 

Link to comment

Arshdeep can be a match winner if he hones his skills. Even though he is semi ready, he definitely heats up the competition.  Age is on his side. Left arm attribute is another plus. Reasonable control in death. Nattu was the only guy who was doing well recently with yorkers. Post injury he is not the same. If Arshdeep lands more accurate yorkers he definitely can be as handy as Nattu was in Australia.  Will be an able foil for Bumrah. If you are partner of Bumrah there is a downside which is batsmen will try to target you no matter how well you bowl.  Deepak Chahar hasn't shared anything about whether he is getting ready or not on his social media. I presume he is taking his time. So Arshdeep has a definite shot. 

Link to comment

Yes OP, most likely this will be our pace attack for T20 world cup.

 

1.Bhuvi

2.Bumrah

3.Harshal/Arshdeep( Arshdeep has an advantage that he can bowl with new bowl too and is a left arm pacer, Harshal's advantage is quickfire 10-15 runs at 8)

4. Pandya

5. Deepak Chahar as backup for Bhuvi.

 

In ODIs , I would have Bumrah, Shami, Siraj/Prasidh and one of Deepak or Shardul as a bowling A/R. Things are more clear now than it has been in LOIs in last 5-6 years.

Link to comment

Have watched very little of Arshdeep. Is he an upgrade over Natarajan? Natarajan has skills but also nerves to deliver at crunch time. Bumrah and Natarajan at death would be a nice bankable option in death overs.

 

Agree with @Norman above that Bhuvi is not the bowler to deliver on dead, hard tracks of AUS - he'll just sit up to be dispatched. Same with Chahar and the no-rounder Shardul.

 

Prasidh and Shami are better frontline attacking pace options.

 

Bumrah, Shami, Natarajan, Arshdeep, and Prasidh - 3 out of these five names can pair with Hardik.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...