India vs Windies , 2nd T20, Basseterre

1 minute ago, Need4Speed said:

I have never liked Avesh bowling..and dont thiink he could be one of the good bowlers for India..Siraj has done poorly in white ball..true..but did well in last few matches..showed some movement initial few overs..even good yorkers too..in the end..Siraj is not the best choice..but he is better than Avesh..

we have to be careful on how much time we are investing on players..as we have many..and dont have enough time left..

I am very much hopeful..in a season or two..Mohsin Khan can come up in pecking order too..as compared to him..

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this - but point is that sometimes its necessary to give a good handful of games to young players before you write them off.   

And my main point was that it was a very good decision for Indian cricket that the captain gave the ball to Avesh in a winnable game instead of going to Bhuvi - given the context and importance of the game (lack of), it was absolutely the right call.  And let me re-iterate, there is a snowball's chance in hellfire that Kuptaan Wrogn would have done it.  Think back to Parvez Rasool going without a debut in a FIVE ODI series touring Zimbabwe.  Where India won 5-0.  He kept giving game after game to Jadeja, saying that if a senior bowler is 'available', I will go to him.  Very different leadership philosophy.

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this - but point is that sometimes its necessary to give a good handful of games to young players before you write them off.   

And my main point was that it was a very good decision for Indian cricket that the captain gave the ball to Avesh in a winnable game instead of going to Bhuvi - given the context and importance of the game (lack of), it was absolutely the right call.  And let me re-iterate, there is a snowball's chance in hellfire that Kuptaan Wrogn would have done it.  Think back to Parvez Rasool going without a debut in a FIVE ODI series touring Zimbabwe.  Where India won 5-0.  He kept giving game after game to Jadeja, saying that if a senior bowler is 'available', I will go to him.  Very different leadership philosophy.

I think too..captain is bold..to give him the last over..even having Bhuvi bhaiyya..with coupl eof overs left..so I am not against the captain..as we need to to develop players using these kinds of series..

I am raising concern on Avesh and even Iyer as well..on T20s..they dont seem to fit in the plan..with whatever they have shown so far..being given enough chances..

we need to have those members in team those can face top quality oppositions and contribute to ICC events finals victory...

15 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

I think too..captain is bold..to give him the last over..even having Bhuvi bhaiyya..with coupl eof overs left..so I am not against the captain..as we need to to develop players using these kinds of series..

I am raising concern on Avesh and even Iyer as well..on T20s..they dont seem to fit in the plan..with whatever they have shown so far..being given enough chances..

we need to have those members in team those can face top quality oppositions and contribute to ICC events finals victory...

Iyer is just to keep Hooda out so that Kohli can waltz in...Iyer is an ugly player with very poor technique...if Hooda plays and does well with bat or bowl...Kohli can't just come back

14 minutes ago, straighttalk said:

Iyer is just to keep Hooda out so that Kohli can waltz in...Iyer is an ugly player with very poor technique...if Hooda plays and does well with bat or bowl...Kohli can't just come back

What happens when Kohli and KL are back..

Iyer wont stay..but who out of DK vs Pant will sit out..

Or they sending SKY on top to fail..so he misses out from the final XI

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This trundler guy 6 wickets?

thats an insulting way to put a bowler capability ?? So what if his speed is less ? Which btw isnt , he can generate pace if he wants n his highest speed today was 145

Have u seen his international record ?? Trundler ??

Pace is just one skill , their are skill beyond it as well 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Didn't watch the match. Any shady things happened. It is almost like WI was destined to win this one. This trundler guy 6 wickets? It is not enough we saw Topley picking 6fer. Now another leftie?

wkts falling at regular intervals. WI opening flourished, with 10 rund needed in the last over, Rohit choose rookie over experienced bhuvi who ended up bowling only 2 overs, Avesh bowled a noball and Thomas hit a sixer off of the free hit, It was over with Rohit explaining why he chose Avesh to bowl the crucial last over, something like it will boost his confidence. he was bullied in the earlier two overs and got 1 lucky wicket. 

3 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

What happens when Kohli and KL are back..

Iyer wont stay..but who out of DK vs Pant will sit out..

Or they sending SKY on top to fail..so he misses out from the final XI

This may be an option

Pant

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

Sky

Pandya

Jadeja

Then 4 bowlers...

Pant cannot sit out because he is the only leftie we have. DK will miss out or may edge Jadeja out

Edited by HamHindustani
3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats an insulting way to put a bowler capability ?? So what if his speed is less ? Which btw isnt , he can generate pace if he wants n his highest speed today was 145

Have u seen his international record ?? Trundler ??

Pace is just one skill , their are skill beyond it as well 

Not enough samples to see his record. Looks like he started in 2018. Banished in both formats for a very long time after thrashing. He is coming back. First time i noticed was in iPL. Mixed performance there. 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that fluke wont happen again

As Indians, we always want to see our team wining.  But TBH, in last few years, I don't remember a single instance where our batsmen hv successfully handled left arm seamers in a crucial T20 or ODI match. (Be it KO or group stage).    I wasn't even aware who was Mc Coy untill he took 6/17 against us.  

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not enough samples to see his record. Looks like he started in 2018. Banished in both formats for a very long time after thrashing. He is coming back. First time i noticed was in iPL. Mixed performance there. 

He is not a Trundler like Topley....  Hiss pace up balls were 140+ almost everytime. Instead we had the Trundler the gruntler Avesh with his run of the mill action dishing out pies & no balls. 

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

As Indians, we always want to see our team wining.  But TBH, in last few years, I don't remember a single instance where our batsmen hv successfully handled left arm seamers in a crucial T20 or ODI match. (Be it KO or group stage).    I wasn't even aware who was Mc Coy untill he took 6/17 against us.  

It's a worry...  Almost all of our batters have no clue.  They are nicking away all away angling balls.  Shaheen will bring back in as well & at pace. 

SKY hits everything on the up...  With extra bounce on surfaces he gets foxed..  He needs to watch out for length. 

14 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

he avg 15 in t20

18 games 29 wkts , eco under 8..................thats a damn good record . How does IPL where he didnt play this many games matter . 

He mixes it up and thats what t20 is