Challenge for Indian batters in UAE

To me the only challenge is winning toss. Kohli s career captaincy all went because he lost both tosses against Pak Nz in wc. If he would have won those tosses who knows. The two t20s India lost against SAF at home was also because of heavy dew batting first... the t20 india lost against windies was because of rohits experimentation of not giving bhuvi death overs. Even the two home t20s India lost against england in 2021 March were due to dew losing toss batting first..Take these t20s out india has won all and sundry.. the only proper t20 losses in last 2 years where dew and toss did not play a part were against england where sky played a blinder and the last t20 against aus in aus which I think was Kohlis last t20 innings of substance..

13 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rahul hasn't played any cricket since IPL...  Big unknown how he will go.  I'll definately not open with him.  Let SKY go on a rampage vs Pakistani quicks.  If he stays for first 4 overs result is done n dusted.  We will be posting in excess of 180 with ease. 

I am eager to play Bishnoi as I think his fast googlies will be too much for Pak batters who haven't played him.  Chahal may get thrashing from Fakhar with his slog sweep. 

I think it is 60-40 in India's favor.  Pak is heavily dependent on Shaheen's initial burst.  They won't be able to match our firepower.  Once we get through couple of overs. 

right Bishnoi can be good..is shaeen playing or he is somewhat doubtful due to injury

Well toss and conditions play a huge role in cricket. On an even playing field India should stomp pak and pretty much most teams, provided we pick our best deserving 11. 

However conditions and toss matter. Period. Said this many times before. 

No excuses though. A great team should find a way to circumvent the toss factor. We did it in tests. We can do it in loi too. 

If toss and conditions dint matter then we would never see shitty average players like lees, *ing skinny cunt that scored 200 plus vs pakistam and boldstow score 50s and 100s in the 4th innings of a test match. 

Conditions did matter and it mattered in night matches in Dubai more than anywhere else. But having said that, they have to find a way to score runs while batting first against a very high quality Pakistani attack. 

It proved impossible to score too fast in the 1st 10 overs of the first innings in Dubai night matches last world t20 . They should look to minimize loss of wickets, rotate strike etc and plan for 70 for no loss at the end of 10 overs.  

The wicket eases up after that and then you can target 115 odd off the last 10 like NZ did in the final.  A total of around 185 is usually the max you can hope for. 

Of course there's the matter of bowling exceptionally well too but anything below 170 is near impossible to defend especially against a high quality t20 unit. 

9 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

They should look to minimize loss of wickets, rotate strike etc and plan for 70 for no loss at the end of 10 overs.  

The wicket eases up after that and then you can target 115 odd off the last 10 like NZ did in the final.  A total of around 185 is usually the max you can hope for. 

A big yes 

On 8/12/2022 at 7:23 AM, gattaca said:

India lost matches against Pakistan because Kohli didn’t had a good approach in T20. The current aggressive approach is much better. My bet is on India. Even if we loose wickets we have batsman coming later who can get decent score.

Which matches are you talking about ? 

Also our batting lineup at T20 WC compared to today is exactly the same 

Edited by jf1gp_1
On 8/12/2022 at 7:23 AM, gattaca said:

India lost matches against Pakistan because Kohli didn’t had a good approach in T20. The current aggressive approach is much better. My bet is on India. Even if we loose wickets we have batsman coming later who can get decent score.

I don't want out of form players like kohli to play imp tournaments such as Asia cup and WC.   However, your point that we lost to pak due to kohli's approach is not exactly true.  Against pak in last T20 WC, both our openers were dismissed cheaply in first 2 overs and there were dot balls early on, which added to the pressure.  Very few teams would be able to recover after being 5/2 in 2 overs in a T20 game.    There was lot of expectation from SKY who hit just one SIX and then gone cheaply in next over. Scoreboard  35/3 in 6 overs. That's where the match was lost.  

On Fri Aug 12 2022 at 7:23 AM, gattaca said:

That's in hindsight....  I remember we smashed Aus & Ig England rather easily in the warm ups..  However Shaheen's initial burst killed the game.  We went on defensive perhaps we were under way too. Much pressure due to the hype.  SKY tried a few big hits even landed one but a very poor shot led to his end. 

Vs NZ lol we were under the pump & timid.  After thrashing vs Pak whole batting unit had lost the confidence.  Had we sneaked into SF somehow things could have been different QS we did find form later vs minnows. 

It's a game of 1 or 2 overs max in this Asia Cup.  If we get through that.   Pak will have no place to hide. 

UAE pitches are still better than the ones we saw in Caribbean. 

I feel , among many challenges,  the Biggest one for our batters would be the large grounds in UAE.   Our batters are not used to it.    They might get caught near the boundary rope while playing airy/lofted shots.   Same shot might earn them a SIX on indian grounds.  That kohli dismissal in the NZ game in last T20 WC would hv gone for a SIX on any indian ground.  

Edited by Frustrated
3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I feel , among many challenges,  the Biggest one for our batters would be the large grounds in UAE.   Our batters are not used to it.    They might get caught near the boundary rope while playing airy/lofted shots.   Same shot might earn them a SIX on indian grounds.  That kohli dismissal in the NZ game in last T20 WC would hv gone for a SIX on any indian ground.  

Barring Pant against Pace...  I reckon every player hits bigger sixes.  Rohit Rahul Pandya SKY mostly hit 85+ m six with ease.  Rahul can be a monster at times with his ability to go beyond 90+m when on song. 

Only Pant Kishan I have seen struggle to hit big sixes over the years.  Both can launch vs spin though. 

Kohli was never a big six hitter but long boundaries means he finds gaps.  But he gets out in 10-15 balls so doesn't matter much

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

That's in hindsight....  I remember we smashed Aus & Ig England rather easily in the warm ups..  However Shaheen's initial burst killed the game.  We went on defensive perhaps we were under way too. Much pressure due to the hype.  SKY tried a few big hits even landed one but a very poor shot led to his end. 

Vs NZ lol we were under the pump & timid.  After thrashing vs Pak whole batting unit had lost the confidence.  Had we sneaked into SF somehow things could have been different QS we did find form later vs minnows. 

It's a game of 1 or 2 overs max in this Asia Cup.  If we get through that.   Pak will have no place to hide. 

UAE pitches are still better than the ones we saw in Caribbean. 

The defensive approach is what I am talking about the current approach is different we take on the bowlers even after loosing wickets. 

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

I don't want out of form players like kohli to play imp tournaments such as Asia cup and WC.   However, your point that we lost to pak due to kohli's approach is not exactly true.  Against pak in last T20 WC, both our openers were dismissed cheaply in first 2 overs and there were dot balls early on, which added to the pressure.  Very few teams would be able to recover after being 5/2 in 2 overs in a T20 game.    There was lot of expectation from SKY who hit just one SIX and then gone cheaply in next over. Scoreboard  35/3 in 6 overs. That's where the match was lost.  

Recently against England and West Indies we lost wickets early but still put good scores. Because our approach is not defensive anymore it’s only 20 overs we used to play we are playing 50 overs.

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

The defensive approach is what I am talking about the current approach is different we take on the bowlers even after loosing wickets. 

Only difference is Rohit & SKY being aggressive at the Top.  Rest all is same.  We are finishing poorly & slowly.  Kohli not being there has led to some aggressive intent vs spin. 

All will be back to usual once Rahul Kohli return. 

Rohit SKY & maybe Pant will bat with a high tempo...  Rest all will keep stabilizing & hoping for a late Pandya blitz which is a perfect strategy in UAE conditions lol

Pick the right *ing bowlers. 

Give chances to young ins and quality bowlers 

Bhuvi

Siraj

Prasidh

Should be our trio. Pakistan is *ed in the ass had it been bumrah siraj prasidh. I have a feeling prasidh will own the parkies. They are absolutely dog **** vs bounce. Hell unleash tyagi or even kuldeep sen.