Vikram Vedha Hindi

rkt.india

Madhavan's role which Saif is doing was anyway just run off the mill police officer role.

Vedha's character carries the movie. Sethupathi played it to utter perfection.

Too early to say but Hritik looks pale in comparison.

Hritik's strength is in dance, action and good looks. Should stick to Bang Bang type movies.

3 hours ago, Number said:

Madhavan's role which Saif is doing was anyway just run off the mill police officer role.

Vedha's character carries the movie. Sethupathi played it to utter perfection.

Too early to say but Hritik looks pale in comparison.

Hritik's strength is in dance, action and good looks. Should stick to Bang Bang type movies.

Actually Madhavan played the character to perfection like actual Vikram. Setupathi character was unlike Vedha which is Betaal. 

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Actually Madhavan played the character to perfection like actual Vikram. Setupathi character was unlike Vedha which is Betaal. 

Madhavan playing a supposedly straight laced police officer was just as important as Vijay S. Was a complete movie. Has one of the best bgms i've ever heard.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

20220825_224548.jpg

Saw the movie again. The Vedha character is grey in the script, no need to play the betaal. If they change the script, they have to drastically change the whole plot and make him an outright baddie like Sethupathi in the latest Vikram (KH)

. Devgn instead of Saif would have been a menacing cop that Vikram is. Saif will be Meh. I will still watch the movie in the theater. Vedha is the main character in the movie, but Madhavan made a great space for himself . Amazing script and movie 

From the trailer, the Hindi version looks like a scene to scene copy, bgm and even lighting and dialogues. Original is still on Prime. Janta might wish to skip a 300 Rs ordeal and watch it in the comforts of their homes on Prime. Subtitled albeit.

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Saw the movie again. The Vedha character is grey in the script, no need to play the betaal. If they change the script, they have to drastically change the whole plot and make him an outright baddie like Sethupathi in the latest Vikram (KH)

. Devgn instead of Saif would have been a menacing cop that Vikram is. Saif will be Meh. I will still watch the movie in the theater. Vedha is the main character in the movie, but Madhavan made a great space for himself . Amazing script and movie 

From the trailer, the Hindi version looks like a scene to scene copy, bgm and even lighting and dialogues. Original is still on Prime. Janta might wish to skip a 300 Rs ordeal and watch it in the comforts of their homes on Prime. Subtitled albeit.

Even Hindi dubbed version is there on Mxplayer.

You don't even need to login to watch it on that app.:p:

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This film is going to be all about pulling power of HR. 

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Devgan is too not a good actor when it comes to complex one, In company it was rgv who used him the best . Rest all his life he has very over the top actor, works in films like Tanhaji , singham not here

His interpretation in drishyam was not great which is why it falls behind from original despite being a crisper version 

14 hours ago, Number said:

Even Hindi dubbed version is there on Mxplayer.

You don't even need to login to watch it on that app.:p:

they already paid a price of 25cr to pull it down from youtube (yet someone will keep uploading it) if they wanna pull it down from MX they have to pay more 

That ll add only to cost of the film 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

16 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Vedha is the main character in the movie. they have to drastically change the whole plot and make him an outright baddie like Sethupathi in the latest Vikram (KH)

both are equally important character , just that their is so much mystery about vedha and how fascinatingly he narrates a story. So he is more exciting to watch 

yes if they change him towards more maniac he ll be like a caricature just like how Vijay is in this Vikram which works for vikram but not vikram vedha

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

16 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The Vedha character is grey in the script

yes vedha is grey, to break it down

Vikram%20Vedha

From this to 

Who seems to be black and white from outside 

Color - Maddy in white Vijay in almost black

Lighting- Madhavan is extra lightup whereas Vijay towards the dark side

Hints are in costumes n lighting

This - 

main-qimg-53c616f584288697e735c2f45830ce

To realise in the end that they both are not very different from each other..........

Lighting same - flat for both

Costume color same

From what i noticed in Vikram-Vedha (hindi) the tone of Costume and lighting for bit more darker so they may have made it more darker but in the end they both have to be same coz thats the whole plot 

Thats Vikram Vedha - the director never took anyone side , infact even audience by the end didnt knew whom to cheer for. Thats what director intention was to put audience in a  moral conundrum like our characters are . They didnt wanted you to judge but to understand their moral dilemma and life decisions . In the end vikram understands Vedha more which is why he calls him "Sir" before that he had no respect for him. 

Vedha has been shown a man of integrity and clear judgement. On the other he even points out to vikram that he is just a gun whose trigger other pulls 

Climax is who will pull the trigger - A cop who is suppose to be white and or a gangster whose is suppose to be Dark.

But Vedha wud have killed him long back if he wanted to and Vikram waits to see if Vedha does it or has higher moral ground 

Whole film is about moral conundrum and the director tries to blur lines between black and white which is when you get grey 

Thats why im concerned about Hrithik shades of going to empathic and maniac coz then it ll fck the narrative

Saif character has the scope to go darker but Vedha character cant 

FbBLgCuVEAAdJTc?format=jpg&name=medium

hrithik tries to evoke more empathy and innocence from eyes and if you observe his voice in 1st scene in teaser he tries to evoke it from scene 1 which can backfire as i showed in pictures the film narrative is things arent same as it looks from outside 

Which is why grey shade character's are the hardest and taking melo dramatic actors can be very risky- Hrithik is a good actor but he can be very melo dramatic at times which can affect the tone of such film 

As far as vikram betaal goes- thats just an inspiration and theme of the film. So characters arent Vikram betaal exactly

Like in Dev.D...........he may be devdas but he doesnt die like devdas infact he gets up and gets himself out of the mess in the end. Thats why he was Dev not Devdas 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

On 8/26/2022 at 12:25 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes vedha is grey, to break it down

Vikram%20Vedha

From this to 

Who seems to be black and white from outside 

Color - Maddy in white Vijay in almost black

Lighting- Madhavan is extra lightup whereas Vijay towards the dark side

Hints are in costumes n lighting

This - 

main-qimg-53c616f584288697e735c2f45830ce

To realise in the end that they both are not very different from each other..........

Lighting same - flat for both

Costume color same

From what i noticed in Vikram-Vedha (hindi) the tone of Costume and lighting for bit more darker so they may have made it more darker but in the end they both have to be same coz thats the whole plot 

Thats Vikram Vedha - the director never took anyone side , infact even audience by the end didnt knew whom to cheer for. Thats what director intention was to put audience in a  moral conundrum like our characters are . They didnt wanted you to judge but to understand their moral dilemma and life decisions . In the end vikram understands Vedha more which is why he calls him "Sir" before that he had no respect for him. 

Vedha has been shown a man of integrity and clear judgement. On the other he even points out to vikram that he is just a gun whose trigger other pulls 

Climax is who will pull the trigger - A cop who is suppose to be white and or a gangster whose is suppose to be Dark.

But Vedha wud have killed him long back if he wanted to and Vikram waits to see if Vedha does it or has higher moral ground 

Whole film is about moral conundrum and the director tries to blur lines between black and white which is when you get grey 

Thats why im concerned about Hrithik shades of going to empathic and maniac coz then it ll fck the narrative

Saif character has the scope to go darker but Vedha character cant 

FbBLgCuVEAAdJTc?format=jpg&name=medium

hrithik tries to evoke more empathy and innocence from eyes and if you observe his voice in 1st scene in teaser he tries to evoke it from scene 1 which can backfire as i showed in pictures the film narrative is things arent same as it looks from outside 

Which is why grey shade character's are the hardest and taking melo dramatic actors can be very risky- Hrithik is a good actor but he can be very melo dramatic at times which can affect the tone of such film 

As far as vikram betaal goes- thats just an inspiration and theme of the film. So characters arent Vikram betaal exactly

Like in Dev.D...........he may be devdas but he doesnt die like devdas infact he gets up and gets himself out of the mess in the end. Thats why he was Dev not Devdas 

Mannerisms don't define the character as white, black or grey. Deeds do. 

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Mannerisms don't define the character as white, black or grey. Deeds do. 

Mannerism gives out info on character . Deeds are on paper and an actor job is shape and define the character with his voice, body language , eyes and mannerism 

How u react to on any action defines a character too . It just doesnt end their - one thing that everyone has to follow to serve a screenplay be sound, editor, cinematographer is to give right amount of info in every scene. An actor mannerism is equally important as his shirt color or the lighting to give out the scene info. 

A recent example is aamir khan lal singh chadha mannerism which didnt help the character , his deeds was overshadowed by Actor's mannerism. Same character when played the young boy had complete different mannerism which created inconsistency. Ab character to dono lal singh ka same hi hai lekin mannerism ka hi saara farq hai. 

Take Mohanlal-Ajay devgan- Kamal hassan drishyam example- all actors had a different variation but mohanlal work best . Chalo ajay devgan is not even half an actor to what Kamal or Mohan lal is but Mohan version feel even superior to Kamal hassan also becoz of his demeanor. Mohanlal had that shrewdness in him that made you buy that this man can think through to this length 

Every creative decision helps or ruins a script be it lighting , editing cuts, costume or actors tone 

To see what the hype is about I watched the tamil Vikram Vedha (2017) ... The film is basically a suspense thriller with a TV movie like feel to it. The action was basic and driven by drama. At the end, you could laugh at how the inspector's character was taken for a ride (won't reveal the suspense as it could be spoilers for many even though the film was released 5 years ago). 

If Bollywood is doing another take on this, it has the opportunity to make the film feel more like a "cinema" film with improved action sequences and effective cinematography esp. lighting to add to the suspense/dark moment ... Saif & Hritik can add glamour/style to the film ... In a way, this film can be viewed as a Batman(Vikram)-Joker(Vedha) team up so will not be surprised if Hrithik plays the character that is closer to Heath Ledger's Joker. 

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, zen said:

To see what the hype is about I watched the tamil Vikram Vedha (2017) ... The film is basically a suspense thriller with a TV movie like feel to it. The action was basic and driven by drama. At the end, you could laugh at how the inspector's character was taken for a ride (won't reveal the suspense as it could be spoilers for many even though the film was released 5 years ago). 

If Bollywood is doing another take on this, it has the opportunity to make the film feel more like a "cinema" film with improved action sequences and effective cinematography esp. lighting to add to the suspense/dark moment ... Saif & Hritik can add glamour/style to the film ... In a way, this film can be viewed as a Batman(Vikram)-Joker(Vedha) team up so will not be surprised if Hrithik plays the character that is closer to Heath Ledger's Joker. 

You are right. Production quality of many Tamil films isn't that great. Watched Master recently which is also very similar. given very raw treatment. Good BG music but lacked cinematic quality. 

2 hours ago, zen said:

VV is technically resoundingly better than any of the Bollywood movies. You are totally biased. What a unique way of adapting a theme of Vikram aur Betaal into a masala potboiler. No wonder South is showing how to pen scripts to Bollywood. Lighting and Bgm were the highlights of VV along with plot and acting. Sethupathi and Madhavan rocked. In the trailer both Ritik and Saif look pale in comparison 

Master was atrocious to compare that trash to this movie

Edited by coffee_rules

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

VV is technically resoundingly better than any of the Bollywood movies. You are totally biased.

I only look at films as films and compare based on what is available on made for streaming/TV movies from across the globe ... You appear to be raising your BP over nothing :lol: 

Nowhere have I said that VV is a bad film. I only spoke about opportunity to make it better for the big screen. If you were with me in person, I would have showed you where and how it can be improved too :dontknow:

15 minutes ago, zen said:

I only look at films as films and compare based on what is available on made for streaming/TV movies from across the globe ... You appear to be raising your BP over nothing :lol: 

Nowhere have I said that VV is a bad film. I only spoke about opportunity to make it better for the big screen. If you were with me in person, I would have showed you where and how it can be improved too :dontknow:

Rasa/ essence/ aesthetics is very subjective, what you like might not be palatable to the other. I have not watched the movie on a big screen, but my 75” LED TV with surround sound was a good watch, didn’t feel that I missed the big theatre experience. Both are not in good shape to make action scenes very appealing, but the narrative of the movie about the color of character, Good vs evil philosophy. A Joker like character might not fit this narrative, unless they change the narrative which they are entitled to