India should distance itself from Russia immediately.

cowboysfan

5 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

When you say distance from Russia, what exactly do you mean ? What do you want India to do ?

Can't do it in one fell swoop, but gradually become truly aatmanirbhar in energy, fertilizer and military.  For many of the people I know, especially those that live in the Gulf, Indian aatmanirbhar pertains only to cutting Western coat-tails, but not the Russian or the Sultanate ones.  Head-scratcher, really.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Just now, BacktoCricaddict said:

Can't do it in one fell swoop, but gradually become truly aatmanirbhar in energy, fertilizer and military.  For many of the people I know, especially those that live in the Gulf, Indian aatmanirbhar pertains only to cutting Western coat-tails, but not the Russian or the Sultanate ones.

I think that's already in works. And that was basically launched by NaMo when COVID hit us. It's Russia agnostic effort. But on this issue, I can't imagine what India could have done differently. Constraints aside, India's approach in this situation is pretty spot on. And it's one of those rare cases where foreign policy looks better and better by the day. Certainly better than these folks. 

11 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I think that's already in works. And that was basically launched by NaMo when COVID hit us. It's Russia agnostic effort. But on this issue, I can't imagine what India could have done differently. Constraints aside, India's approach in this situation is pretty spot on. And it's one of those rare cases where foreign policy looks better and better by the day. Certainly better than these folks. 

This is the level of contempt western politicians have for their citizens... the ulterior motive of COP and WEF is very obvious to see

40 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

what a joke,the German people overwhelmingly support the Ukraine aid,there are freaking tankies in every country and india is no exception.India does not need to to conduct joint military drills with a state which can collapse ,heck thy should stop buying gas from them for the time being if they can get away with it.Let Russia and China be stuck together,history will not be kind to these 2 dictatorial regimes.

Regardless of putin or not its clear that russia will sit on the fence in an india vs china conflict as will the west.

India needs to be energy food and weapons independent as much as possible. 

Right call to import russian oil atm. It gives Russia some leverage vs China as they have other options. It also keeps the west on toes with India. They know Pak is in the China camp.

The coming battles will be west vs China. This Ukraine Russia conflict is simply a trailer.

But long term india needs to go alone. 

Our reliance on Russia is for coal fertilisers and weapons. The weapons bit will take some serious efforts from our end. Western weapons are expensive and come with strings 

59 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

what a joke,the German people overwhelmingly support the Ukraine aid,there are freaking tankies in every country and india is no exception.India does not need to to conduct joint military drills with a state which can collapse ,heck thy should stop buying gas from them for the time being if they can get away with it.Let Russia and China be stuck together,history will not be kind to these 2 dictatorial regimes.

For one. I was in Germany few days back. I assure you, your understanding is fairly misplaced of situation here. Things are on brink especially in south and they are extremely unhappy with their govt. 

On the question of oil, we should stop buying from them. So should we make folks of our $2000 per Capita bear the brunt ? Interesting. I don't want all my folks back home to carry for white man's burden. If you sanction Venezuela and Iran, then poor nations have nowhere to go. 

India's position is pretty clear in this interview. Non aligned and driven by its interest and risk. Should not change for Russia, China or US. 

Sh

Edited by ravishingravi

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Regardless of putin or not its clear that russia will sit on the fence in an india vs china conflict as will the west.

India needs to be energy food and weapons independent as much as possible. 

Right call to import russian oil atm. It gives Russia some leverage vs China as they have other options. It also keeps the west on toes with India. They know Pak is in the China camp.

The coming battles will be west vs China. This Ukraine Russia conflict is simply a trailer.

But long term india needs to go alone. 

Our reliance on Russia is for coal fertilisers and weapons. The weapons bit will take some serious efforts from our end. Western weapons are expensive and come with strings 

That's a humongous if....  India & China will go to war in freakin Himalayas to a potential no use bloody war...  Without obviously going for missile warfare.  They very well know the red lines.  Modi won't risk it neither will XI at least not until his newly built lavish so called blue water Navy is fully capable to dominate beyond Taiwan & SCS to finally face Indian Navy in IOR...  That whole process is good 15-20 years away. 

Pakistan is right now in a weird spot with both US & China fighting for influence & with ouster of Imran..  US has a upper hand.  Recent F16 deal with Pak has sent a strong signal to India for standing with Russia.  CPEC is virtually toast & a lost cause. 

Geopoltics is changing very quickly & India needs to play its cards very well right now.  Upcoming Modi XI meet in SCO & already led to disengagement of forces in Gogra Hotsprings in Ladakh. 

3 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Can't do it in one fell swoop, but gradually become truly aatmanirbhar in energy, fertilizer and military.  For many of the people I know, especially those that live in the Gulf, Indian aatmanirbhar pertains only to cutting Western coat-tails, but not the Russian or the Sultanate ones.  Head-scratcher, really.

Was India ever running on Western coat-tails? We always were dependent on Russia and oil from gelf, of course for vote bank politics in the Elections 

20 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Was India ever running on Western coat-tails? We always were dependent on Russia and oil from gelf, of course for vote bank politics in the Elections 

I think people confuse issues - Indians move to the West, Western industries have a big presence in India, there's Western cultural creep ... all of that is seen as undue influence from / dependence on the West ... so, to counter that, let's do more with Russia and UAE because the West has betrayed us.  Or something line that.

3 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I think people confuse issues - Indians move to the West, Western industries have a big presence in India, there's Western cultural creep ... all of that is seen as undue influence from / dependence on the West ... so, to counter that, let's do more with Russia and UAE because the West has betrayed us.  Or something line that.

I was commenting on official polity. India had to go to Russia for strategic alliance and not towards USA as their policy is confusing towards India especially since Nixon and Kissinger days

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I was commenting on official polity. India had to go to Russia for strategic alliance and not towards USA as their policy is confusing towards India especially since Nixon and Kissinger days

True. I was just relaying what i hear from my Putinfan friends in India.

While it is hard to trust the US Gov, i find it even more difficult to trust the maniacal  Vlad. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

12 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I predict Putin will not survive the crushing defeat coming Russias way.anybody associated with his genocidal regime will have a bad time in the coming months.best to completely cut of all relations till things have cooled down.

So we should distance because of the defeat or bcos of genocide..