Abhinav Manohar

Vk1

I saw SMA innings clip of his in one of the threads( forgot which one) .. oh boy how well can this guy hit! Last time I saw an Indian hitter this good was Yusuf Pathan.. granted that he may have some chinks and might get found against quality bowling but if bcci can't groom this guy I don't know what else they are there for.. he is already 28 so he has been lost in the system for many years.. decent start to his domestic T20 career so far.. little more consistency and he should get a run in national squads.. right now the spot that DK/Pant, Axar are grabbing should not be theirs..

Edited by Vk1
1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

I saw SMA innings clip of his in one of the threads( forgot which one) .. oh boy how well can this guy hit! Last time I saw an Indian hitter this good was Yusuf Pathan.. granted that he may have some chinks and might get found against quality bowling but if bcci can't groom this guy I don't know what else they are there for.. he is already 28 so he has been lost in the system for many years.. decent start to his domestic T20 career so far.. little more consistency and he should get a run in national squads.. right now the spot that DK/Pant, Axar are grabbing should not be theirs..

The issue I have  is not so much about his age, but the fact that we then need to include automatically Hitman, Dhawan and Kohli into an ODI team for the WC.

Thats already becoming a very mature team.

2 hours ago, Vk1 said:

He and Abdul Samad are the only decent hitters we have for no5/6 position. They'll have their brain fart moments here and there but we obviously can't expect consistency at that place.
If they both work on their legspins then we can get a Livingstone like asset at down the order. 

Edited by singhvivek141

BCCI  should have a program to identify hitters like this guy, Shahrukh etc and fine tune them with the help of a proper T20 batting coach like Amre. High pace will likely be their Achilles heal. Practicing against fast bowling machines might help them to overcome that. Without that extra help, guys like these look out of sorts on the big stage and quickly get bashed as hacks good only for domestic bashing. Very few players have the talent to seamlessly transition to the biggest stage. 

35 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

The issue I have  is not so much about his age, but the fact that we then need to include automatically Hitman, Dhawan and Kohli into an ODI team for the WC.

Thats already becoming a very mature team.

mature is one way to put it, full of old farts is another. I know which term I would use

1 hour ago, nevada said:

BCCI  should have a program to identify hitters like this guy, Shahrukh etc and fine tune them with the help of a proper T20 batting coach like Amre. High pace will likely be their Achilles heal. Practicing against fast bowling machines might help them to overcome that. Without that extra help, guys like these look out of sorts on the big stage and quickly get bashed as hacks good only for domestic bashing. Very few players have the talent to seamlessly transition to the biggest stage. 

very good point.. 4,5,6 positions have lost glamour after yuvi, msd retired... sky owned #4  now but #5,#6 definitely needs to reclaim their fame and avoid the unnecessary limelight that top 3 gets undeservedly ..