1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

Hey! I'm writing in this forum for the first time. My dad reads and replies in here from time to time. 

I'm a researcher and I'm trying to survey cricket fans from all age groups and countries. If you had 5-8 minutes, I'd really appreciate your input. The questions are related to your interest in cricket and viewership preferences this year.

https://forms.gle/CNC4ctrQ8otctXQx7

Thank you so much. - Niki 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Only concerned about Usman,  Head Cummins & especially Agar the SLAO.  A lot rides on how our batters deal with Agar. 

Our Right hander army will manage Lyon but its Agar we have to worry about if we dish out a rank Turner. 

Cummins? Kya Karega? Outside bouncy pitches he hasn't done much. He does have nasty bouncer though. 

But yea he would only look pretty good due to our inept batting.. nothing to do with his ability in sc which is pretty average. Pakistan doesn't count. They are beyond ****.

Edited by speedracer
31 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Only concerned about Usman,  Head Cummins & especially Agar the SLAO.  A lot rides on how our batters deal with Agar. 

Our Right hander army will manage Lyon but its Agar we have to worry about if we dish out a rank Turner. 

Agar is pretty average bowler. Only can come into party if we give turners (which we won't according to news i have read). He isn't even at steve o'keefe level. I have heard their second best spinner could be todd murphy who bowls off spin but is quite impressive in comparison to others. Cummins hasn't done anything yet in sub continent to be considered huge threat. Hazelwood keeps trundling and at times even dropped from squad. Big question would be how they manage to put in someone like Renshaw and Handscomb who have done well in past in india and both are good player of spin.

13 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Agar is pretty average bowler. Only can come into party if we give turners (which we won't according to news i have read). He isn't even at steve o'keefe level. I have heard their second best spinner could be todd murphy who bowls off spin but is quite impressive in comparison to others. Cummins hasn't done anything yet in sub continent to be considered huge threat. Hazelwood keeps trundling and at times even dropped from squad. Big question would be how they manage to put in someone like Renshaw and Handscomb who have done well in past in india and both are good player of spin.

Dont underestimate the Aussie bowlers, many many average Aussie spin bowlers have done well in India, then disappeared for the rest of their careers.

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I am hoping Pujara comes good like he always does against aussies. If Virat can have a good one then with the likes of Gill and lower order we could win. This is make or break for Rahul. I also have no idea what to expect from Rohit and Sky. Our bowling is good so no worries on that front. 

If we go with Fatman, Gill and Pujara as 1,2,3 there is some semblance of chance of us scoring enough runs.

We have the lower order contribution that will outscore Australia's lower order contribution.

41 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Cummins? Kya Karega? Outside bouncy pitches he hasn't done much. He does have nasty bouncer though. 

But yea he would only look pretty good due to our inept bowling.. nothing to do with his ability in sc which is pretty average. Pakistan doesn't count. They are beyond ****.

Nagpur with its red soil can have good bounce, it will also grip & spin a fair bit. If there's good grass cover it could also be a batting paradise, but even then expect good amount of turn/bounce on that track with the typical red soil.

4 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Dont underestimate the Aussie bowlers, many many average Aussie spin bowlers have done well in India, then disappeared for the rest of their careers.

Don't remember anyone other than o'keefe and he was decent bowler and we gave him rank turner so obviously he would look great.

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Darters &,  quicker through the air bowlers have always been our issue.  We gifted a 5 fer to Elgar ffs in India. 

Floaty off spinners & leggies usually get destroyed. 

Our batters don't employ sweeps & reverse sweeps to counter darters which makes them extremely dangerous.  Agar may be sh*** everywhere in the world but he will be effective in India like Axar. 

After the heroics in 4th test against Eng, poor Washi is relegated to role of a net bowler. Shocking treatment of such a talented youngster, and funny thing is they are looking at him wrong (deliberately?), he is a batsman who bowls a bit and not the other way round. How many teenagers can do what he did in decider test at Gabba?

It is 2023 and Unadkat is in the squad for a home series, not Washi!!!!!

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

But yea he would only look pretty good due to our inept batting.. nothing to do with his ability in sc which is pretty average. Pakistan doesn't count. They are beyond ****.

Cummins always performs against us be it ODIs or Tests.  Reverse swing could be a factor & he is capable of bowling long spells. Half fit Stokes almost ran through us in A'bad with reverse..  Expect Cummins to be more lethal than him.  He managed to reverse the ball in Lahore & SG ball aids more reverse. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Cummins always performs against us be it ODIs or Tests.  Reverse swing could be a factor & he is capable of bowling long spells. Half fit Stokes almost ran through us in A'bad with reverse..  Expect Cummins to be more lethal than him.  He managed to reverse the ball in Lahore & SG ball aids more reverse. 

I dont think so. If he can reverse then siraj would be even more lethal. Umesh too. 

Lucky booms and shami aren't playing. Shami is past his prime but in Asia he can still be deadly. Bumrah if it's reversing can destroy teams.

1 minute ago, speedracer said:

I dont think so. If he can reverse then siraj would be even more lethal. Umesh too. 

Lucky booms and shami aren't playing. Shami is past his prime but in Asia he can still be deadly. Bumrah if it's reversing can destroy teams.

Bumrah couldn't reverse it in Chennai but Anderson did & it was a sight.  He might have improved but sample size is small.  Doesn't plays much in India. 

When it comes to reverse only Shami & Umesh have mastered the art successfully in India vs strong teams. 

Siraj showed growth vs NZ & in BD that he can do it in SC.  This will be his biggest test. 

KL was brilliant in the 2017 series, even though runs tally may not show he almost matched Smith who himself was in God mode back then.

Want that KL back, no matter how much we criticize him these days, thing is he has the ability to play like a top tier ATG on any pitch. Will need many to be close to their best, this Aussies team looks very well prepared and high on confidence/form/momentum. 

Season Host First Match Tests Australia India Draw Result Holder Player of the series
1996–97 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 10 October 1996
India India India Nayan Mongia
1997–98 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 6 March 1998
India India India Sachin Tendulkar
1999–2000 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 10 December 1999
Australia Australia India Sachin Tendulkar
2000–01 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 27 February 2001
India India India Harbhajan Singh
2003–04 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 4 December 2003
Drawn India India Rahul Dravid
2004–05 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 6 October 2004
Australia Australia Australia Damien Martyn
2007–08 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 26 December 2007
Australia Australia Australia Brett Lee
2008–09 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 9 October 2008
India India India Ishant Sharma
2010–11 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 1 October 2010
India India India Sachin Tendulkar
2011–12 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 26 December 2011
Australia Australia Australia Michael Clarke
2012–13 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 22 February 2013
India India India Ravichandran Ashwin
2014–15 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 9 December 2014
Australia Australia Australia Steve Smith
2016–17 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 23 February 2017
India India India Ravindra Jadeja
2018–19 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 6 December 2018
India India India Cheteshwar Pujara
2020–21 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 17 December 2020
India India Australia Pat Cummins
44 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Bumrah hasn't done much against strong teams in India, SL don't count - they're worse than Bangers these days!

22 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Bumrah hasn't done much against strong teams in India, SL don't count - they're worse than Bangers these days!

If it reverses he will be able to decimate teams. Siraj umesh are way better than any other bowler in sc conditions. However umesh is in his last legs now. So is shami. Still, they will be good.