Australian Test captain Pat Cummins rushes home due to family illness

vvvslaxman

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australian-test-captain-pat-cummins-rushes-home-due-to-family-illness/news-story/924f727105bb5ebcb799e16cac133929

Australian Test captain Pat Cummins will briefly return home from the Border-Gavaskar Trophy due to family illness.

According to a NewsCorp report, the 29-year-old will travel to Australia for a couple of days before returning to India ahead of the third Test in Indore, which gets underway on Wednesday, March 1.

India retained the Border-Gavaskar Trophy on Sunday after defeating Australia by six wicket in Delhi.

53 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australian-test-captain-pat-cummins-rushes-home-due-to-family-illness/news-story/924f727105bb5ebcb799e16cac133929

Australian Test captain Pat Cummins will briefly return home from the Border-Gavaskar Trophy due to family illness.

According to a NewsCorp report, the 29-year-old will travel to Australia for a couple of days before returning to India ahead of the third Test in Indore, which gets underway on Wednesday, March 1.

India retained the Border-Gavaskar Trophy on Sunday after defeating Australia by six wicket in Delhi.

seems like a diplomatic retreat by the Cummer

21 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/pat-cummins-flying-home-from-india-tour-due-to-family-illness/news-story/f3f81a3f9f0e1cf4bfa4c398a0b437a5

Australia’s captain is leaving the India tour for personal reasons just one day after his team’s stunning capitulation in Delhi.

it is known as a strategic retreat; of course, I believe that the illness is real - cummer is not the deceiving type

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

he's a nice guy, but the timing is interesting

I am tempted to say it's pressure and the fact that he has been rendered useless is forcing him to leave but perhaps there is some serious issue here. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I remember lot of bitches like philtrundler, Johnson, even starc, hazletrundler, a few kiwi bowlers all magically get injured for india tour. They want to duck india tour as they know their average will take a huge hit. 

31 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Somehow Pat Cummins has never irked me as a typical Aussie player.. hes deffo not in the same mould as Steve Smith or Mark Waugh by which you can actually like him as a person and a fantastic bowler in seaming conditions

Yea is somewhat likeable but I am sure we would have a different opinion if we were losing lol.

We should stop speculating why he’s returning. He has iterated multiple times how important this series is. Has always been genuine in his interviews.

The article talks about a serious illness in the family. I hope it gets sorted out soon and he’s able to return. Wish him the best.