KL Rahul inspite of opening his favourite spot is delivering at no.5 for his team

Where is this nonsense coming from in the media?

When has Rahul delivered as opener to begin with? Whenever, he opens the batting in ODIs, he bats like Rahane. His stats as opener are :

AVG 43, SR 79

We can have 10 better openers who can produce better numbers than this.

In comparison, his stats at 5 are :

AVG 56, SR 99

His stats in last 4 years :

2020 - 55, 106

2021- 88, 101

2022- 27, 88

2023 - 92, 88

And in these four years, he batted at 5 or occasionally at 4 in 2020,21 and 23. He went back as opener in 2022 again and failed there( vs SA in SA and even 1 series vs Zim also where he flopped).

13 minutes ago, AKane said:

Its all about KL Rahul.....

KL Rahul here, KL Rahul there, KL Rahul  everywhere. Non-stop KL Rahul all the time in the media.

He is representing 10 or 15 brands. Let us face it. Personality wise he is no Usain Boult or MSD who could command attention through their personalities. This guy has zero personality. Quiet meek. But due to his orange cap thing,he garnered attention from different brands. Even RBI is using him for promotion. So it is imperative they have to keep him relevant. I see a lot of fake accounts on twitter promoting him 24/7. Brand value is an important index.  

https://startuptalky.com/kl-rahul-endorsed-brands/

Kohli lost brand value of 50 million. He is still at the top. Hence he will get a longer leash compared to others. You see a group for both Kohli and Rohit on twitter fighting with each other all the time. I have not seen that kind of promotion for Jadeja/Kuldeep/Ashwin. Wait and watch Shubman Gill is  rising star now. He is going to be darling of the brands in the future.

90562970.jpg

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is representing 10 or 15 brands. Let us face it. Personality wise he is no Usain Boult or MSD who could command attention through their personalities. This guy has zero personality. Quiet meek. But due to his orange cap thing,he garnered attention from different brands. Even RBI is using him for promotion. So it is imperative they have to keep him relevant. I see a lot of fake accounts on twitter promoting him 24/7. Brand value is an important index.  

https://startuptalky.com/kl-rahul-endorsed-brands/

Kohli lost brand value of 50 million. He is still at the top. Hence he will get a longer leash compared to others. You see a group for both Kohli and Rohit on twitter fighting with each other all the time. I have not seen that kind of promotion for Jadeja/Kuldeep/Ashwin. Wait and watch Shubman Gill is  rising star now. He is going to be darling of the brands in the future.

90562970.jpg

Irrelevant to cricketing ability (present),true,but sad