Trundlers Premiere League

deepdynamo

56/70 games completed. 

Updated list of fast bowlers that has been given at least one game in IPL 2023 (except for the ruled out bowlers like Bumrah & Prasidh)
No. of games is designated in bracket.

Top Tier Fast bowlers
M Siraj (11)
M Shami (11)
J Bumrah (0)
H Pandya (10)

High Potential Fast bowlers
Prasidh  (0)
Mohsin Khan (2)
Kuldeep Sen (2)
Umran Malik (7)

High potential but untested

Kartik Tyagi (1)
Yudhvir Singh(2)
Harshit Rana (4)

Talented Trundlers
Arshdeep Singh (11)
Shardul Thakur (9)
Deepak Chahar (6)
T Natrajan (9)

Oldies but still relevant somewhat
Umesh Yadav (8)
Bhuvi Kumar (10)
Sandeep Sharma (10)
Mohit Sharma (8)
Ishant Sharma(6)

Washed out but still persisted somehow

J Unadkat (3)
Avesh Khan (8)
Harshal Patel (11)

Khaleel Ahmed (6)

Navdeep Saini (1)

Rookies ( but not impressive)

Tushar Deshpande (12)
R Hangrakerkar (2)
Akash Singh (6)

Mukesh Kumar (8)
Chetan Sakariya (1)

Yash Dayal (3)

K Khejroliya (2)
Vaibhav Arora (3)

Yash Thakur (5)

Arshad Khan (6)
Arjun Tendulkar (4)
Akash Madhwal (3)

Gurnoor Brar (1)

KM Asif (3)
Kuldip Yadav (2)

Akashdeep (2)
V Vyshak (6)

Edited by deepdynamo

5 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

High Potential Fast bowlers
Prasidh  (0)
Mohsin Khan (2)
Kuldeep Sen (2)
Umran Malik (7)

High potential but untested

Kartik Tyagi (1)
Yudhvir Singh(2)
Harshit Rana (3)

Harshit I will move to above category now, he has shown enough skills in the 3 games he played with the new ball.
In death overs, he is a WIP...but nothing illustrates why he can't improve.

Yudhvir bowled exceptionally well in his first game, couple of bad overs and he is totally neglected. LSG should give him another chance as he can contribute with bat as well.
Mohsin's injury is going to impact him this season, I don't see repeat of last year's performance based on whatever little I saw, hope I am proven wrong.

I simply refuse to believe Avinash is worse than Low full toss expert Purple Patel. 

This Vyashak too is a gully mohalla player. 

Both these trundlers don't have iota of talent. 

At least Sandeep Sharma,  Natarajan, Mukesh Kumar have some skill level in them.  Swing bowler,  death bowler etc... 

What skill those two above have? 

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I simply refuse to believe Avinash is worse than Low full toss expert Purple Patel. 

This Vyashak too is a gully mohalla player. 

Both these trundlers don't have iota of talent. 

At least Sandeep Sharma,  Natarajan, Mukesh Kumar have some skill level in them.  Swing bowler,  death bowler etc... 

What skill those two above have? 

Yes, why are bowlers like Harshal, Avesh, Mukesh, Vyshak, Yash Tahkur getting consistent games like they are doing some fine job. They have been match losers game after game but still perceived as some sort of saviors.

In comparsion, Sandeep, Mohit, Bhuvi, Natrajan & Arshdeep are also trundling but still somewhat acceptable.

Why Why Why ???

16 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Impact rule is a kryptonite for players like Yudhvir

I am so gutted for player like Yudhvir. He was so good in the first game hitting the bat hard and troubling every batsman.

One bad match and he was out. In come Gruntler Khan and Trundler Dubey in its place and blocked his path.

He didn't even get to showcase his batting potential.

4 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

I am so gutted for player like Yudhvir. He was so good in the first game hitting the bat hard and troubling every batsman.

One bad match and he was out. In come Gruntler Khan and Trundler Dubey in its place and blocked his path.

He didn't even get to showcase his batting potential.

Harshal is luckiest of them all...  Getting every single game despite going nearly 12 RPO every single game. 

I am shocked how is he still playing??  Bowls a customary no ball as well. 

Srinath Aravind was a better bowler than him alright.  Harshal has neither talent nor skill.. 

Khaleel is such a mental midget and average bowler. Couldn't learn anything in Int. Cricket as well as IPL in 6-7 years.

On top of that, he ditched domestic cricket for easy IPL Money.

No heart to put in the hard yards. Happy with medicority!!

Edited by deepdynamo

4 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Khaleel is such a mental midget and average bowler. Couldn't learn anything in Int. Cricket as well as IPL in 6-7 years.

On top of that, he ditched domestic cricket for easy IPL Money.

No heart to put in the hard yards. Happy with medicority!!

With Ind top batters failing time and again againt LAF bowlers its should a good enough incentive for LAF bowlers to work on skill and pace.

Right now they are in high demand and may be able to get a chance in Ind intnl.  team as they are still looking for LAF bowler for ODIs and test

Edited by tapandrun

11 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Harshal is luckiest of them all...  Getting every single game despite going nearly 12 RPO every single game. 

I am shocked how is he still playing??  Bowls a customary no ball as well. 

Srinath Aravind was a better bowler than him alright.  Harshal has neither talent nor skill.. 

Both Vyshak and Harshal are going near 10 rpo in this season and both are kind of similar. Not sure why RCB is picking them both in playing 11.

8 over of similar kind of skills makes it easy for the batter to pick them as they are already setting themselves up for pace change. leg spinners are so successful in t20s ,

still most teams do not pick 2 legspinners in playing 11 then why RCB is playing same kind of bowler who rely on pace change.

Last few seasons due to COVID we had limited grounds. Not all of them were trundler friendly.Now we have trundler-friendly pitches in the mix due to return of home and away games,  guys like Sandeep Sharma, Mohita Sharmas  have come out of hibernation. Some of Mohit's deliveries were delivered at 105 kph. Kuldeep was touching 118 kph. 

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Last few seasons due to COVID we had limited grounds. Not all of them were trundler friendly.Now we have trundler-friendly pitches in the mix due to return of home and away games,  guys like Sandeep Sharma, Mohita Sharmas  have come out of hibernation. Some of Mohit's deliveries were delivered at 105 kph. Kuldeep was touching 118 kph. 

Yes, True. Tired pitches have given these slow trundlers a new lease of life. They are experienced enough to exploit the conditions and be useful for their franchise.

But at the same time, Trundlers like Avesh and Harshal have not been able to exploit even the favorable conditions.
Harshal, 11 Matches,. Economy of 10
Avesh, 8 matches, Economy of 9.5