• BJP+ 300-320
    • BJP+ 272-300
    • Hung Parliament- Operation Lotus
    • Hung Parliament- INDIA operation
    • INDIA 272+
    • Aayega to Modi hi - idc about numbers
    • Poltics gayi bhad mein NRIs murdabad

21 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

This MSP will work for Congress in karnataka.the voters here have already voted for freebies so this is right up their alley.i wouldn't be suprised if this farmers thing increased their seat share to 70 in India.

In 2019, Congress and its Rahul Gandhi promised universal minimum wage , yet lost the LS election.

So nobody knows anything. Just because it failed in 2019, will similar thing fail in 2024? Also, both message and messager are important. Does the public trust Rahul Gandhi and his words? The state Congress leaders have their successes, but what about Rahul Gandhi?

24 minutes ago, someone said:

In 2019, Congress and its Rahul Gandhi promised universal minimum wage , yet lost the LS election.

So nobody knows anything. Just because it failed in 2019, will similar thing fail in 2024? Also, both message and messager are important. Does the public trust Rahul Gandhi and his words? The state Congress leaders have their successes, but what about Rahul Gandhi?

I fail to understand why Indian media doesnt question Financial viability and Constututional Legality as to where this money will come from. What is pottential additional cost, Funding from which department will be taken away to fund this additional cost. What will be implication of that reduction in Funding. What is cost for such scheme to be implemented across India as why bias between states.

These are very basic question and important question that must be asked but never get asked.

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I fail to understand why Indian media doesnt question Financial viability and Constututional Legality as to where this money will come from. What is pottential additional cost, Funding from which department will be taken away to fund this additional cost. What will be implication of that reduction in Funding. What is cost for such scheme to be implemented across India as why bias between states.

These are very basic question and important question that must be asked but never get asked.

Even here some people like @Khotahave said why not stop loan write-offs to rich people , stop PSUs and give MSP to Annadatas. This guy makes more sense than most opposition politicians and intellectuals batting for farmers:

43 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Even here some people like @Khotahave said why not stop loan write-offs to rich people , stop PSUs and give MSP to Annadatas. This guy makes more sense than most opposition politicians and intellectuals batting for farmers:

Couldnt link tweet message  vs what is in video. However, Khalistan or no Khalistan, Anything which forces government to shell the taxpayers money on basis of moboocracy shouldnt be accepted by Indians.

Saving PSUs is like gvmnt has a choice like close it or invest more money or sell it.  So protestors know that any sane person in Ministry would not let go of that Choice from Government and held permanently hostage.

So no. I dont think there is a issue here

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Couldnt link tweet message  vs what is in video. However, Khalistan or no Khalistan, Anything which forces government to shell the taxpayers money on basis of moboocracy shouldnt be accepted by Indians.

Saving PSUs is like gvmnt has a choice like close it or invest more money or sell it.  So protestors know that any sane person in Ministry would not let go of that Choice from Government and held permanently hostage.

So no. I dont think there is a issue here

Quotied the wrong tweet. These demands cause taxpayers a lot of money but who’s to be held responsible?

5 hours ago, someone said:

fair point.to me more than trust most people dislike Rahul Gandhi including a lot of congress voters.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:43 AM, MechEng said:

SC klpd'd electoral bonds. 

Wasn't a big fan of their anonymity. I think they should have allowed electoral bonds but forced to state where the funds are coming from. Not allowing this is just going to move this underground making the money black. SC stupid as always.

22 hours ago, bharathh said:

Wasn't a big fan of their anonymity. I think they should have allowed electoral bonds but forced to state where the funds are coming from. Not allowing this is just going to move this underground making the money black. SC stupid as always.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/business/2024/Feb/16/india-inc-may-use-trusts-cash-for-political-funding

Trusts are still legal.

On 2/18/2024 at 5:29 AM, bharathh said:

I am not big fan of Me Lords who are nothing but people coming from privileged background and education. I think there contribution has been overall progressive but NOT allways and it has been more problematic since Government has been asking for Judiciary Reforms(I think gvmnt is biased in that too, They need to come up with meritocracy within HC and SC judges appointment and ask them to appear some common Test)

Back to point, There is no right or wrong when it comes to election funding. Whatever nxt, we do /adapt , that system should have more digital and banking then cash transaction. To me, Instead of scrapping , ME lords should have asked gvmnt to come up with a proposal to remove shortcoming. And why have they asked law to be applied retrospectively? Offcourse they are smart and privileged people , but I dont think it was a decision which was purely done on basis of progressiveness and merit.

What nxt, Ban RAW because citizens cant put a RTI.

Edited by mishra

5 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

SC also reversed Chandigarh mayor elections results

I dont know but did SC look into possibility that the 8 voters themselves may have intentionally ensured that their vote becomes INVALID because they didnt agree with their party candidate. Think their is allways  more than what meets the eye. Nxt election, judges should take over EC role.

To me, after BCCI/ICC saga where our judiciary took it personally to screw BCCI and in process enabled a lot of money going out of BCCI coffers, I dont allways think that they fully consider every aspect.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I dont know but did SC look into possibility that the 8 voters themselves may have intentionally ensured that their vote becomes INVALID because they didnt agree with their party candidate. Think their is allways  more than what meets the eye. Nxt election, judges should take over EC role.

To me, after BCCI/ICC saga where our judiciary took it personally to screw BCCI and in process enabled a lot of money going out of BCCI coffers, I dont allways think that they fully consider every aspect.

You haven't seen the videos. The presiding officer made marks to make them invalid.

3 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

You haven't seen the videos. The presiding officer made marks to make them invalid.

Agree, if mark was to record vote as INVALID or if it was to make the vote as INVALID. In case of prior, I will say presiding officer was correct. In case of later, Presiding officer was wrong.

• The title was changed to Elections 23-24 NDA vs I.N.D.I.A (updated) -Poll Added