Vivek Ramaswamy - US Presidential candidate.

ravishingravi

7 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

He is a slayer alright. Today he slayed Haley and the most hawkish necon puppet. He is going to be a big factor in US politics in coming decade. 

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1732575926599242240?t=RoDayqmqQlbW4qcIuyl4Mg&s=19

Next you will come out and say Mussolini was a great leader. 

8 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

He is a slayer alright. Today he slayed Haley and the most hawkish necon puppet. He is going to be a big factor in US politics in coming decade. 

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1732575926599242240?t=RoDayqmqQlbW4qcIuyl4Mg&s=19

Only if he was White or Christian...  Guy sure has potential but the base he panders to doesn't like people like him

The guy peddles conspiracy theories like no other. Just throwing stuff out with no credible evidence.  He thinks the insurrection on Jan 6 was an "inside job."  It would be like someone here just saying - with zero evidence - that the 2001 attack on the Lok Sabha was plotted by the then-GoI. He has even said that 9/11 was orchestrated by GOTUS, spouting something about security agents on the flights?

What next? Vaccines don't work, perhaps?  Oh wait ... his purported VP pick RFK JR. has that one covered.

Just because someone is extremely intelligent and can argue incessantly does not make them Presidential.

@ravishingravi is correct in that this guy is going to make even more political waves!  But that just speaks to the overall intellect of the American electorate.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

52 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

The guy peddles conspiracy theories like no other. Just throwing stuff out with no credible evidence.  He thinks the insurrection on Jan 6 was an "inside job."  It would be like someone here just saying - with zero evidence - that the 2001 attack on the Lok Sabha was plotted by the then-GoI. He has even said that 9/11 was orchestrated by GOTUS, spouting something about security agents on the flights?

What next? Vaccines don't work, perhaps?  Oh wait ... his purported VP pick RFK JR. has that one covered.

Just because someone is extremely intelligent and can argue incessantly does not make them Presidential.

@ravishingravi is correct in that this guy is going to make even more political waves!  But that just speaks to the overall intellect of the American electorate.

@BacktoCricaddict I do follow US politics more closely than most Americans. What can you say , old habits due hard ? 

But I think your points seem factually incorrect. Let's say take the point of 9/11 being inside job. Can you share link for this one ? I know what his position is on 9/11. 

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

What makes someone foreign presidential material in our view, is if their position benefits our people and our homeland or not. That is the whole cake. Rest is all icing on the cake.

I couldn't care less if Donald Trump lit every single american on fire vs Biden giving every single american a million dollars or tax paid healthcare. The one who benefits Indian community & India more, is the better president in my eyes.

40 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

@BacktoCricaddict I do follow US politics more closely than most Americans. What can you say , old habits due hard ? 

But I think your points seem factually incorrect. Let's say take the point of 9/11 being inside job. Can you share link for this one ? I know what his position is on 9/11. 

https://newrepublic.com/post/175128/atlantic-recording-vivek-ramaswamy-9-11-remarks

Of course, like a cornered puppy, he will yak that he didn't explicitly say "inside job" while it is very clear that he is claiming federal agents may have been involved (nudge, wink, just asking...). 

Here's another link, in case new republic is too leftist

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/08/22/recording-debunks-vivek-ramaswamys-denial-of-911-comments-questioning-whether-federal-agents-were-on-the-planes/?sh=40c7cce45ebe

Do you agree with his take on Jan 6? 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

14 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

What makes someone foreign presidential material in our view, is if their position benefits our people and our homeland or not. That is the whole cake. Rest is all icing on the cake.

I couldn't care less if Donald Trump lit every single american on fire vs Biden giving every single american a million dollars or tax paid healthcare. The one who benefits Indian community & India more, is the better president in my eyes.

With DJT you can follow an amended upaaya strategy

Daamadaamadaamadaamopaaya

12 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

https://newrepublic.com/post/175128/atlantic-recording-vivek-ramaswamy-9-11-remarks

Of course, like a cornered puppy, he will yak that he didn't explicitly say "inside job" while it is very clear that he is claiming federal agents may have been involved (nudge, wink, just asking...). 

Here's another link, in case new republic is too leftist

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/08/22/recording-debunks-vivek-ramaswamys-denial-of-911-comments-questioning-whether-federal-agents-were-on-the-planes/?sh=40c7cce45ebe

Do you agree with his take on Jan 6? 

He doesn't have to become cornered puppy. He didn't say it's an inside job, as simple as that. He categorically talked about Saudi involvement and how that was hidden by the govt for two decades. 

On Jan 6, Its the first time in debate I heard him say that it was an inside job. I don't know what he meant honestly. Sure it was not the armed insurrection that mainstream media piled on but I really don't know what he was talking about. 

On vaccines, I hope he comes out more vocally against big pharma. Hasn't gone far enough 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/12/06/mrna-jabs-modena-pfizer-quarter-unintended-response/

46 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

He doesn't have to become cornered puppy. He didn't say it's an inside job, as simple as that. He categorically talked about Saudi involvement and how that was hidden by the govt for two decades. 

On Jan 6, Its the first time in debate I heard him say that it was an inside job. I don't know what he meant honestly. Sure it was not the armed insurrection that mainstream media piled on but I really don't know what he was talking about. 

On vaccines, I hope he comes out more vocally against big pharma. Hasn't gone far enough 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/12/06/mrna-jabs-modena-pfizer-quarter-unintended-response/

I just wish you'd hold him to the same standards of "factual" as you try to hold people on this casual message board. 

52 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

From the author of the research article

"Dr. James Thaventhiran, senior author of the report, said: “Research has shown beyond doubt that mRNA vaccination against COVID-19 is safe. Billions of doses of the Moderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccines have been safely delivered, saving lives worldwide.”

if one had waited for every minor side effect and molecular consequence to be studied before deployment, we might have been several million people fewer in population. 

Risk benefit ratios are important. And nothing is perfect. 

At least this kind of post market analysis happens for these FDA approved products. Unlike the products peddled by alternative "medicine" zealots.

8 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

From the author of the research article

"Dr. James Thaventhiran, senior author of the report, said: “Research has shown beyond doubt that mRNA vaccination against COVID-19 is safe. Billions of doses of the Moderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccines have been safely delivered, saving lives worldwide.”

if one had waited for every minor side effect and molecular consequence to be studied before deployment, we might have been several million people fewer in population. 

Risk benefit ratios are important. And nothing is perfect. 

At least this kind of post market analysis happens for these FDA approved products. Unlike the products peddled by alternative "medicine" zealots.

This is irrelevant to the fact that non mRNA vaccines like Covaxin has a much better proven track record ( as a methodology), has far less drop off in efficacy to newer strands and significantly lower side effects. 

As such, given the timeframe it came out in, the conclusion that US pharma industry, in its zeal to corner the market and maximise profit, pushed through an experimental product instead of a tried and tested methodology that they knew they'd have competition on and would have to wait on. 

Given that vaccines have 10 year cycles in development, to deploy a new one by emergency basis, its a far better risk-to-benefit analysis to take a year longer to deploy the product made via proven methodology than an unproven experimental one. 

But then again, we are talking about a pharma industry that willingly killed millions by deliberate lying (opiod scandal) and a government that willingly experimented with deadly viruses on its low caste population and lied about it for half a century.

25 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

This is irrelevant to the fact that non mRNA vaccines like Covaxin has a much better proven track record ( as a methodology), has far less drop off in efficacy to newer strands and significantly lower side effects. 

As such, given the timeframe it came out in, the conclusion that US pharma industry, in its zeal to corner the market and maximise profit, pushed through an experimental product instead of a tried and tested methodology that they knew they'd have competition on and would have to wait on. 

Given that vaccines have 10 year cycles in development, to deploy a new one by emergency basis, its a far better risk-to-benefit analysis to take a year longer to deploy the product made via proven methodology than an unproven experimental one. 

But then again, we are talking about a pharma industry that willingly killed millions by deliberate lying (opiod scandal) and a government that willingly experimented with deadly viruses on its low caste population and lied about it for half a century.

Explain "newer strands"

20 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

How the prez debate standards  have fallen. They are like college level grads haggling. The public discourse is watered downed to petty differences of policy making.

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

How the prez debate standards  have fallen. They are like college level grads haggling. The public discourse is watered downed to petty differences of policy making.

Well those standards didn't provide any results or clarity. I have been following US politics for 20 years because it's great theatre. You knew exactly what each side would say and what they wouldn't. 

Then came trump and he disrupts everything. Uncouth and direct. Positively hated him like most but with time one begins to think that this uncouth immoral guy seems to make more sense than Ivy league educated partisan hacks. Many like me whose perspective evolved even though Trump pushed it too much imo. 

Ramaswamy is in the same mould. Imagine you are up against an invisible wall ie in this case establishment. Either submit to them or fight hard against them. Only two choices. One needs a different personality to fight. Niceties like Ron Paul will just get shoved aside. Those who want to tear the wall down will take aggressive posture. Look at Milei in Argentina. 

Do I like it ? No. But years of lethargy and entropy causes this reaction. World over. 

Edited by ravishingravi

13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Have to agree on the vaccine being pushed and US pharma is all about money. Many US pharma got fined including Pfizer. It’s all about greed than saving people. On top of that I remember the campaign they ran in India about Pfizer being better than covaxin. I am sure they might have paid social media influencers to do the bidding and few opposition MPs as well.I am glad Indian govt stuck with covaxin.