Vivek Ramaswamy - US Presidential candidate.

ravishingravi

Three things I like about this guy running for US presidential elections. 1) Unabashed conservative willing to speak to and debate anyone. 2) Has good mix of cookie and interesting ideas. Is rank outsider just like Trump was. 3 ) He is not trying to hide his roots or religion. 4 ) Very strong debater. Already destroyed Don Lemon's career. 

I see he is growing in popularity. He may not make it this time. But he is just 37. If he makes to debate stage, he could make an impression. I like him because he is anti woke and anti ESG. 

Clarity in thoughts, but will not get voters, he came in too early, should have gone the senate or congress way to gain exposure. Looks too naive as stated by others. 

Regarding Don Lemmon, he came trumps as DL got bitter and thought Vivek was blacksplaining Don on blacks’ topics

(1) Apparently his education was made possible by a grant from the George Soros foundation. Conservatives are going "Atha maazi saTakli"

(2) He does not want to be associated with the fact that he was an active participant in an Ohio Covid response team - all fighting for the share of the anti-vaxx vote.

Another Piyush?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/2023/05/03/wikipedia-editor-says-they-were-paid-to-change-vivek-ramaswamys-page/?sh=31c5773f51a3

7 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

He is third in polls now. He will for sure have an impact even if he doesn't win. Especially in debates. In 4 years he could be a strong candidate. 

Randhawa-Ramaswamy-Republican ticket.

WH dinner:  Sarson da saag, Makki di roti, Pindi Chhole, Naan, Chaadam, Chammandi, Aviyal, Molaguttal, Ada pradaman.

BTW, Randhawa = Nikki Haley

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Man is being used, nothing more.

He is a billionaire. I don’t think he is being used against free will to fight in elections. He is definitely a good orator. But whites to vote a brown person to presidency is far fetched especially from Republican Party.

7 minutes ago, gattaca said:

He is a billionaire. I don’t think he is being used against free will to fight in elections. He is definitely a good orator. But whites to vote a brown person to presidency is far fetched especially from Republican Party.

Obama was brown too.

23 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Piyush (urf Bobby) Jindal and Nimrata Randhawa (urf Nikki Haley) were both elected as governors in deep red, highly conservative states.

5 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Piyush (urf Bobby) Jindal and Nimrata Randhawa (urf Nikki Haley) were both elected as governors in deep red, highly conservative states.

Indeed. The binaries of mainstream media don't hold true. While it does help to be white christian. But demography and dynamics are changing rapidly. 

American politics was stuck in a loop of standard talking point from 1970s to 2008. Post Obama, it's a different field. Vivek is trying out something and honestly after Trump, nobody knows what could work. 

37 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Millionaire 

56 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Indeed. The binaries of mainstream media don't hold true. While it does help to be white christian. But demography and dynamics are changing rapidly. 

It must be said though that both Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley embraced Christianity and had assimilated into life in the South. Bobby Jindal converted in this youth, and Haley did so upon marriage (I think). And although she never gave up her Sikh roots, her being a Christian wife helped her with South Carolinians.

It will be different with Ramaswamy, I think. He may garner votes from immigrant communities and young urban neo-conservatives, but may be hard-pressed to make a dent in the Baptist or Evangelican circles, if he is still a practicing Hindu.  For all of America's chest-thumping about "separation of church and state," it has become very clear that there is still a significant demographic that needs assurance that the Caucasian Christian world will not be under threat. Trump provided that for them with his anti-Muslim, anti-Latino "let's support more immigration from Norway but not from "****-holes"" rhetoric.

What can VR offer them? 

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

But they were all christian converts. A Hindu being elected will be tough for a presidential candidate even as governor in southern states. Evangelical pastors have sway in elections remember Mike pence was selected to sway them during trump era.

Edited by gattaca