Jaddu as ODI all rounder

Jadeja has been India's "all rounder" since 2010 i suppose. Just look at Jaddu's progress as all rounder. Compare that with Shakib Al hasan who more or less played the same years as Jaddu. SHakib was no.1 ranked all rouunder in 2009. He is still no.1 ranked. I don't think he went outside top 10 all rounder ranking possibly top 5 for more than 15 years.  Look at Jaddu now. He is ranked 43rd as all rounder. Shakib scored 600 runs in 2019 world cup. Why is Jaddu masquerading as an allrounder. I would gladly trade Jadeja for Shakib.   Same in T20. Ignore his "exploits" against Mohit sharma and bowling prowess at Chepauk. At international level he has done zilch in T20.

shakjad.jpg

Poor performance is not the only way to lose rating points.

If a player misses a game while the team continues to play, then also player loses points.

Jadeja has played less than 50% ODI games India has played in last 4 years.

His economony rate is 4.96 in last 35 ODIs and batting SR is 84. He has scored 585 runs in 25 innings. That's 25 runs per inning combined with sub-5 economy rate is keeping him in the side.

Shakib has higher points due to better performance + chances in most of the games BD plays.

21 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Poor performance is not the only way to lose rating points.

If a player misses a game while the team continues to play, then also player loses points.

Jadeja has played less than 50% ODI games India has played in last 4 years.

His economony rate is 4.96 in last 35 ODIs and batting SR is 84. He has scored 585 runs in 25 innings. That's 25 runs per inning combined with sub-5 economy rate is keeping him in the side.

Shakib has higher points due to better performance + chances in most of the games BD plays.

Shakib missed a lot more matches if i remember. BD played 72 games last 5 years. Shakib missed 25 of them.

Edited by vvvslaxman
Just now, Trichromatic said:

What's the point of comparing him with Shakib who is clearly the best all rounder?

Time to move on from this guy. It is better we move on to a batsman who can bowl a bit. Guys like Axar/Sundar/Jaddu are not the type of all rounders we need. Person has to be absolutely gun in atleast one department if not both. 

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Time to move on from this guy. It is better we move on to a batsman who can bowl a bit. Guys like Axar/Sundar/Jaddu are not the type of all rounders we need. Person has to be absolutely gun in atleast one department if not both. 

Who are your options?

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Jadeja has been India's "all rounder" since 2010 i suppose. Just look at Jaddu's progress as all rounder. Compare that with Shakib Al hasan who more or less played the same years as Jaddu. SHakib was no.1 ranked all rouunder in 2009. He is still no.1 ranked. I don't think he went outside top 10 all rounder ranking possibly top 5 for more than 15 years.  Look at Jaddu now. He is ranked 43rd as all rounder. Shakib scored 600 runs in 2019 world cup. Why is Jaddu masquerading as an allrounder. I would gladly trade Jadeja for Shakib.   Same in T20. Ignore his "exploits" against Mohit sharma and bowling prowess at Chepauk. At international level he has done zilch in T20.

shakjad.jpg

Jaddu has endorsement from MSD...that alone makes him better than any other allrounder in the world.

The problem is Jadeja's strike rate. He needs to up that. 25/85 stats is not good enough for a number 7 bat.  Especially in a lineup that has Hardik Pandya at 6 and 5 Right hand batsmen before him. 

Even if his batting was more like 30/95, he should be competing with Pandya for 1 spot.  

After the inevitable humiliation at the World Cup, we have to develop batsmen who bowl a bit and make it a criteria for selection. 

This rubbish cannot continue. 

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

Jaddu has endorsement from MSD...that alone makes him better than any other allrounder in the world.

Jaddu is gun in Tests. He should be preferred only for that. Sure he lends balance. That is all he does. Nothing else. Jaddu and Kedar jadhav have both played 29 games together. Kedar has bowled in 17 games.   

Jaddu 29 innings 29 wickets  44.31 avge 5.02 ER 52.9 strike rate

Kedar  17 innings 9 wickets     47.11 avge 5.61 ER 52.0 strike rate

Strike rate is on par. His stats are very clsoe to part timer who learnt to bowl at the age of 30.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Jaddu is gun in Tests. He should be preferred only for that. Sure he lends balance. That is all he does. Nothing else. Jaddu and Kedar jadhav have both played 29 games together. Kedar has bowled in 17 games.   

Jaddu 29 innings 29 wickets  44.31 avge 5.02 ER 52.9 strike rate

Kedar  17 innings 9 wickets     47.11 avge 5.61 ER 52.0 strike rate

Strike rate is on par. His stats are very clsoe to part timer who learnt to bowl at the age of 30.

His economy rate is among best in India.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea when you bowl between 10th and 40th over mostly where batsmen milk runs then it is bound to be good. Kulcha for a brief period had strike rates far better than him.

Yes, bowlers are likely to have economy rate of 5.5 by bowling in middle overs. However very few have sub-5 economy rate.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

India has to pick batsmen who can bowl rather than other way around.

Abhishek Sharma and Riyan Parag both fits your criteria. Even Tilak as well.

Jaiswal used to bowl regularly in U-19 but I doubt how much he still has that skill.

Abdul Samad also bowls leg spin.

Edited by singhvivek141