England vs NZ, ODI 2

vvvslaxman

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They just came up, they will get their chances. These guys you mentioned played against Pakistan A and we all saw how great they were then.They will get all the chances they need to prove their talents

So you need to stop comparing guys who have not played even single match.

Even a school kid knows India needs depth..

This is like saying "Hey i suck with match. My plan is not going to do anything about it" Either you have the bowlers work on their batting or giving chances to players with multi skills. England doesn't exactly pick the very best bowlers in their side. They compromise for batting depth. If a bowler has a sligthly better batting skill they pick him ahead of better bowlers. Australia can very well drop Stoinis and play a better seamer than him in the side. Can pick a better bowler than Marsh. Your seleection has to have balance in mind. 

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is like saying "Hey i suck with match. My plan is not going to do anything about it" Either you have the bowlers work on their batting or giving chances to players with multi skills. England doesn't exactly pick the very best bowlers in their side. They compromise for batting depth. If a bowler has a sligthly better batting skill they pick him ahead of better bowlers. Australia can very well drop Stoinis and play a better seamer than him in the side. Can pick a better bowler than Marsh. Your seleection has to have balance in mind. 

Taking names from behind just to throw out names will not solve issues .

India is not England,they don't have their depth so they don't have to follow anything which England does, they have to maximize what they have and still be competitive.

Australia did play with Marsh, now they have Green who is better bowler than Marsh. So they might not need Marsh.

Marsh and Stoinis have been around for a long time.

The young guys you mentioned will get all their chances moving forward. Fast bowling allrounders are gold, every team will give them ample chances to prove themselves.

Heck even guys like Shankar and Shivam Dubey played for India.

Just now, Lord said:

Specifically for Indian top order lol.

India doesn't even have half decent one to practice against.  One interesting thing about Kumars is i have not seen any left handed Kumar playing for us. Praveen kumar, Bhuvi kumar, Mukesh Kumar,  Vinay Kumar. First left handed Kumar is Ravi kumar who opened for India in the  recent U19 world cup

13 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

There's no point discussing this with the likes of putrevus. Better off banging your head against a brick wall.  NZ are successfully turning Glenn Philips into a 6th bowler - an offspinner as an alternative to their SLA's and legspinner. And that guy has barely bowled 10 balls per match in his List A career :laugh:.

England did pick a bowling heavy side in 2019 but they had high-quality bowlers - Woakes, Wood, Archer, Rashid, Plunkett were quality at least in particular phases. Even then, they had Buttler coming in at 6.

We have nowhere near that quality of bowling and we play Hardik, Jadeja and Thakur. Dropping Jadeja, playing an extra batter who can bowl some off spin and replacing Thakur with a proper bowler would make this team so much stronger.  You can get 40 overs + Pandya's quota(6?) of high quality overs.  And also lend a lot of depth to that batting.   4 overs of offspin, even if it gets smashed for 40 on the odd day is not a big issue.