Sundar joins asia cup squad

mani sha

4 hours ago, Frustrated said:

TM can be blamed partially.  But it is not TM's fault that Sundar spends 9 months per year in hospital due to injury/poor fitness. He needs to improve his fitness so that TM feels more confident about his utility.  

What kind of logic is this? Just because he gets injured, doesn't mean TM can just play him as they like irrespective of the type of player he is. They have seen what he can do with the bat in tests. Coaches are getting paid to identify just these sort of things.. not to teach them how to play forward defense.This is is like saying if Bumrah gets injured, TM has the licence the play him as a batting all rouner at 6...

16 minutes ago, Lord said:

If team wants an offspin AR, I'd much rather back Tilak or even Ashwin

Sundar is forever injured, not reliable at all.

Tilak the batsman itself is a major question mark now let alone bowler. I like that guy. But he is too raw at this stage without any defined role.  The way he stood against Tanzim didn't give me confidence. He exposed all 3 stumps not knowing where his off stump was.  

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Tilak the batsman itself is a major question mark now let alone bowler. I like that guy. But he is too raw at this stage without any defined role.  The way he stood against Tanzim didn't give me confidence. He exposed all 3 stumps not knowing where his off stump was.  

He'll be fine at 5/6. Better than Sundar/Ash anyway.

Bowled well without luck and is a good fielder.

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is as if Sundar is any better than both Axar or Jadeja.

In terms of bowling Sundar is definitely better than Axar based on his recent performances. Axar batting has improved. But bowling has utterly tanked. He bowls like part timer. You would rather go with genuine batsman who can bowl part time.. Also having two left arm darters in the same side is brainless.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

In terms of bowling Sundar is definitely better than Axar based on his recent performances. Axar batting has improved. But bowling has utterly tanked. He bowls like part timer. You would rather go with genuine batsman who can bowl part time.. Also having two left arm darters in the same side is brainless.

I rather play Tilak Verma over all these three players.They are not going to take any wickets with their bowling anyways.

I would have 3 pacers plus Pandya as fast bowlers, Kuldeep as a spinner, Tilak verma as a support spinner. If pitches looks dry and flat, I would get Jadeja in place of a pacer.

Tilka Verma could bat anyway from 5 to 7 depending on match ups. You will have batting till 7 .

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

I rather play Tilak Verma over all these three players.They are not going to take any wickets with their bowling anyways.

Tilak varma is untested. So not sure on what basis we conclude he will click as a batsman let alone bowler. Tilak verma is a pure batsman. His talent should be purely assessed on that. Part time off spin is a bonus.  Riyan Parag, Sindhu, ABhishek would fullfill that role much better.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I would have 3 pacers plus Pandya as fast bowlers, Kuldeep as a spinner, Tilak verma as a support spinner. If pitches looks dry and flat, I would get Jadeja in place of a pacer.

Then you will have a non existent batting from 8-11.

Which means there is a great chance we can go from 230-6 to 240 all-out. 

Our legendary superstars are prone to choke in knockout games.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How are you so sure about Tilak's batting ? He doesn't seem ready at all for this level. Couldn't play Irish bowlers and Bangladeshi debutant, throwing him in front of wolves in the world cup will be a disaster.

18 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Then you will have a non existent batting from 8-11.

Which means there is a great chance we can go from 230-6 to 240 all-out. 

Our legendary superstars are prone to choke in knockout games.

Two questions: 1 who is going to bat if things were different, Sundar/Jadeja at 7 and Axar at 8. Do you have confidence in them to win matches .

2. Do you really think , India is going to win match if top three fail? That boat sailed way back in 2011 when India could depend on middle order.

20 minutes ago, Number said:

How are you so sure about Tilak's batting ? He doesn't seem ready at all for this level. Couldn't play Irish bowlers and Bangladeshi debutant, throwing him in front of wolves in the world cup will be a disaster.

I am not sure of anything about Tilak , but I am sure that Jadeja/Sundar/Axar are not going to be of any use.

I supported Jadeja a lot but if he is not able to win matches like yesterday then he has no place in the team.His bowling stinks even on useful pitches.Axar's bowling is worse.His batting at number 8 will not win any matches.Sundar is another useless project.

So I rather go with unknown than known failures.

Edited by putrevus
2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Just because someone can bowl a few overs off spin shouldn't really come ahead of guys like Sanju samson. Sky is also ahead of Sanju samson. Very unfair.  As much as cringeworthy his fan boys are, he didn't do anything wrong in the limited chance he got in ODIs. 

We don't need 3 keepers. Kishan pipped ahead with innings v Pak.

We need someone who can bowl now. Venky might have been tried or even Nitish Rana

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Two questions: 1 who is going to bat if things were different, Sundar/Jadeja at 7 and Axar at 8. Do you have confidence in them to win matches .

2. Do you really think , India is going to win match if top three fail? That boat sailed way back in 2011 when India could depend on middle order.

1. They may not win matches on their own, but can atleast support if their is a set batter at the opposite end. With Kuldeep, and then 3 quicks..they might even not be able to survive one ball

2. Probably we won't, but a stable MO can atleast move us from 90/3 to 180/6

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

We got to 266 after top 3 failed in first game v Pak. Certainly can be done.

Anyway we have to do as neither top 3 bat down nor perform in knockouts. Kohli should ideally bat at 4 but will never happen