Asian Games Men's Hockey: India humiliates Pakistan 10-2, worst day for Pak sports?

Gollum

Most of them field goals, in fact Pak won more PCs. 

First time ever Pak has conceded in double digits in hockey. Aus scored 9 against them in 2017 (9-1 in a friendly in Melbourne). India has never conceded more than 8, even that 8 was against Aussie beasts (2010 CWG). Aussies do that to the gora sides as well, their hunger to humiliate opponents is legendary!!!!!

This must be the most humiliating day for Pak sports. A goal every 6 minutes. India took the foot off the pedal in final 5 minutes, and probably missed 5 easy goals, many of them cos of Lalit. I have never seen this kind of destruction on a hockey field even by Australia or the European top dogs. Pak hasn't lost this bad even in cricket, that Sharjah massacre against Aus (Hayden outscoring both Pak innings combined) wasn't this bad.

Don't think Pak hockey is ever recovering from this mauling. 

Edited by Gollum

I saw the Indo-Pak ACT game live in Mayor Radhakrishnan stadium last month, I remember telling you guys we missed so many opportunities and should have won 8-0. 

Today we did what we should have done that day as well. And despite Lalit shitting the bed whole match, despite taking it easy in final 5-6 minutes, probably to save energy for the knockouts.

I predict we will beat Pak by a 15 goals margin in the next 5 years. Sadly we don't play much these days, next year we probably won't face off (they won't qualify to Paris mostly, no ACT/AC etc), but you will see a 15-0, 16-2, 17-1 type result in this decade. Basically what we did to sides like UZB and SGP, same fate awaits Pak. Mark this post. 

Just now, Gollum said:

I saw the Indo-Pak ACT game live in Mayor Radhakrishnan stadium last month, I remember telling you guys we missed so many opportunities and should have won 8-0. 

Today we did what we should have done that day as well. And despite Lalit shitting the bed whole match, despite taking it easy in final 5-6 minutes, probably to save energy for the knockouts.

I predict we will beat Pak by a 15 goals margin in the next 5 years. Sadly we don't play much these days, next year we probably won't face off (they won't qualify to Paris mostly, no ACT/AC etc), but you will see a 15-0, 16-2, 17-1 type result in this decade. Basically what we did to sides like UZB and SGP, same fate awaits Pak. Mark this post. 

I think India has to look at beating the Aussies. The day that happens consistently India will rule hockey again. Pak is old news.

Just now, bharathh said:

I think India has to look at beating the Aussies. The day that happens consistently India will rule hockey again. Pak is old news.

Mental block against Aussies, we do much better against current world champs Germany. In fact have a winning record against Germany the last 10 years or so, and Germans have winning record against Aussies, and have knocked them out in big tourneys so many times. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Mental block against Aussies, we do much better against current world champs Germany. In fact have a winning record against Germany the last 10 years or so, and Germans have winning record against Aussies, and have knocked them out in big tourneys so many times. 

There is no mental block against Australia. They are just better. Till IHF pumps some money into the sport Australia will do better.

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

There is no mental block against Australia. They are just better. Till IHF pumps some money into the sport Australia will do better.

We are able to beat Belgium, Netherlands, Germany who are equal or better than Aus the last 10 years. But get handed enormous defeats against Aussies almost all the time. In Tokyo, we lost 1-7 to Aussies, then managed to beat Germans from 1-3 down in the bronze medal match. 

In last year's CWG we lost 0-7 to Aussies in the final, Eng lost 2-3 to them in SF. Even a team like Japan has given Aus scares in big events, but we get mauled almost every time. Mental block. 

@Khota we toyed with Australia in 2016 and 2018 Champions Trophy finals, lost both in penalty shootouts. Missed at least 15 chances in both games. Doesn't happen even against Belgium who have been far far far better than Aussies since circa 2016. Mental block. 

Edited by Gollum

Men's Top 20 Rankings as of 7 September 2023[2]
Rank Change Team Points
1 Steady 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Netherlands 3112.74
2 Steady 23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium 2988.58
3 Increase 1 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 2771.35
4 Decrease 1 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 2744.99
5 Steady 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 2689.24
6 Steady 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 2544.71
7 Increase 1 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Argentina 2350.07
8 Decrease 1 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 2347.25
9 Increase 2 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 2085.02
10 Steady 23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png Malaysia 2041.37
11 Increase 2 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand 1938.45
12 Decrease 3 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png South Korea 1932.46
13 Decrease 1 23px-Flag_of_Ireland_hockey_team.svg.png Ireland 1879.67
14 Steady 23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa 1746.38
15 Increase 1 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan 1614.28

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Khota we toyed with Australia in 2016 and 2018 Champions Trophy finals, lost both in penalty shootouts. Missed at least 15 chances in both games. Doesn't happen even against Belgium who have been far far far better than Aussies since circa 2016. Mental block. 

I have seen some of these games. Their shooting, trapping is better. They are faster and stronger. They have all the advantages. Right now except for Odisha CM if others don't pump money Hockey will not reach top.

Sports performance is directly related to money spent.