Ravi Shastri on Shaheen Afridi

1 hour ago, Sean Bradley said:

Shaheen hasnt been the same ever since he mocked Indian batters on the field, Rohit, KL etc. Hes going to suffer a massive wrath of rubbing Indian top order the wrong way. 

Naseem Shah is good and has a bright future, but they said the same about Hasan Ali who has regressed massively.  

Let's see what he is like after injury.

4 hours ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

Gill is definitely a very special talent. A GOAT in the making. I don’t know who Yashasvi is.

So far, Gill and Rohit both looked uncomfortable against Naseem Shah’s opening spells in both games. But Gill get hold of him at some point as well. 

As for Ravi Shastri and his comments. The old man is salty because that spell in 2021 WC bamboozeled India and effectively ended Ravi’s stint with India. A couple of average days in the office for Shaheen and he quickly pounced on the opportunity to make things even. 
A real pundit knows that no player performers day in and out, every game, every series. Every player has ups and downs. 

Not just a couple.

He has failed more often than succeeded.

2022 World Cup Kohli smacked him around.

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

If these are GOAT's as per Pakistan, they I must say Pakistan has minnow level standards for their GOAT.

No one calls Rahul or Kishan as best for India, they might be the superstars as per Pakistani standards.

For India, apart from Gill, next gen superstar is Yashasvi..once he is in the setup all your Naseem's and Shaheen's will run away mid of the match with an excuse of injury.

So I would say, this was the good time of Pakistan..these last few years. Now all you will get is tears and broken TV's.

Even in these "good times" the WL is 6-2 :phehe:

If you even include CT 17 final its 9-3 :dance:

The last two years were complete "covid tax". IPL got delayed thus exhausting Indian players plus it happened in "win toss" Dubai rather than India. Normal service was restored from last year (Considering they were losing more often than not, normal service had never stopped but w/o covid would have prolly lost those as well).

Pakistan's successes against India are so less (and in general) that they celebrate the most meaningless things.

Asia Cup 14 is a great victory for them. It was a group stage match in an AC which Pakistan didn't even win.

Shaheen's spell in AC23 is a memorable spell for them. It was a NR match on a dodgy pitch.

We defeated Pak in AC 10, 16, 18, 18, 23 and went on to win the cup. No one talks about it much or celebrates it.

T20WC21 is a great deal for them. They won a group stage match and got kicked out in semis.

T20WC07 we won the group stage match and won the cup. Only reason we remember that is the Pakistani mainline bowlers couldn't hit three stumps while Indian part-timers could. :phehe:

Not to mention T20WC12, 14 and 16 which no one even remembers.

I mean they were celebrating the win of their 197th ranked football team over 177th ranked Cambodia yesterday lol.

27 minutes ago, the don said:

Pakistans success against India is so less ^ FFs lol. I dont know if this is funny or sad from literally the most mediocre cricket team in history.

haha

hum tumhare baap hai.

India has the 2nd most number of trophies after Australia, tied with WI. Also won more away series.

And I wasn't talking about just cricket.

Where are your metros? Does Karachi, your biggest city have one?

Your space program?

Your Asian games sports tally? Your olympics tally? Your economy? etc etc

Yaad rakhna, hum tumhare baap hai

1 hour ago, deathmonger said:

haha

hum tumhare baap hai.

India has the 2nd most number of trophies after Australia, tied with WI. Also won more away series.

And I wasn't talking about just cricket.

Where are your metros? Does Karachi, your biggest city have one?

Your space program?

Your Asian games sports tally? Your olympics tally? Your economy? etc etc

Yaad rakhna, hum tumhare baap hai

Hahaha technically baat to sai hai. 
Pakistan was born from India, so in a sense it is a father.

But certainly not a good father based on how he treated the son from day 1.

The convo on this thread reminds me of a very forgettable AB movie

image.jpeg

AB looked like a walking talking can opener in this movie. 

Shaheen Shah could use this troll his opponents, after paying due royalty to the makers of this movie.

What are we discussing even?

Edited by Mariyam
10 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Pakistan's successes against India are so less (and in general) that they celebrate the most meaningless things.

Asia Cup 14 is a great victory for them. It was a group stage match in an AC which Pakistan didn't even win.

Shaheen's spell in AC23 is a memorable spell for them. It was a NR match on a dodgy pitch.

We defeated Pak in AC 10, 16, 18, 18, 23 and went on to win the cup. No one talks about it much or celebrates it.

T20WC21 is a great deal for them. They won a group stage match and got kicked out in semis.

T20WC07 we won the group stage match and won the cup. Only reason we remember that is the Pakistani mainline bowlers couldn't hit three stumps while Indian part-timers could. :phehe:

Not to mention T20WC12, 14 and 16 which no one even remembers.

I mean they were celebrating the win of their 197th ranked football team over 177th ranked Cambodia yesterday lol.

Yeah, India has had an upper hand this past decade. Overall, India has been the better team and 2012-2019 was our worse team ever. This decade, the team is better on paper and need more experience. 

12 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

Pakistani fans have now fully developed minnow mentality the way they are celebrating sofa set's 5 wicket haul when opposition has already ran up a gigantic score and now just slogging blindly.

Nobody is celebrating his 5 wickets but just funny how people talk crap about him as if there are many young bowlers of his quality.

1 hour ago, the don said:

Nobody is celebrating his 5 wickets but just funny how people talk crap about him as if there are many young bowlers of his quality.

He is not young he is same age as bumrah and the way he started trundler he will also be retired at 25-26 years of age Amir, Asif ,Sami, Chucker Junaid and many other trundlers brigade from past.

1 hour ago, the don said:

Why are you guys so insecure getting triggered over anything and everything?

He literally said he's a good bowler , can pick up wickets but there's no need to overhype him to be the next Wasim Akram. Bas utni si baat pe poori qaum ne r@ndi rona lagaya rakha hain 4 din se...:bird:

26 minutes ago, raki05 said:

He is not young he is same age as bumrah and the way he started trundler he will also be retired at 25-26 years of age Amir, Asif ,Sami, Chucker Junaid and many other trundlers brigade from past.

Lol ok i love how you casually throw in the world trundlers for bowlers who used to bowl 10 ks quicker than their indian counterparts.

Just now, Norman said:

Why are you guys so insecure getting triggered over anything and everything?

He literally said he's a good bowler , can pick up wickets but there's no need to overhype him to be the next Wasim Akram. Bas utni si baat pe poori qaum ne r@ndi rona lagaya rakha hain 4 din se...:bird:

Why would anyone be insecure. Us becharay ko wasim akram say milaya bhi tumharee media nay hi tha jab t20 wc say bahir huay thay. Khud hi charha k khud hi fuzool ki statements.

On 10/18/2023 at 11:45 PM, Mariyam said:

The convo on this thread reminds me of a very forgettable AB movie

image.jpeg

AB looked like a walking talking can opener in this movie. 

Shaheen Shah could use this troll his opponents, after paying due royalty to the makers of this movie.

What are we discussing even?

Shahenshah was a Huge Hit. The second highest grosser of 1988 after Tezab.

27 minutes ago, the don said:

Lol ok i love how you casually throw in the world trundlers for bowlers who used to bowl 10 ks quicker than their indian counterparts.

shaheen trundler is slower than old age Shami dont belive me chck shaeen trundler bowling speed in this wc and check shami bowling speed when he last played during asia cup. Pakistani bowlers are 4 over format bowlers. BTW your extra phaast trundler Rauf conceded 70 runs in first 5 overs , thats a world record even an associate team d grade bowlers were never thrashed like this ever.:hysterical:

28 minutes ago, the don said:

Why would anyone be insecure. Us becharay ko wasim akram say milaya bhi tumharee media nay hi tha jab t20 wc say bahir huay thay. Khud hi charha k khud hi fuzool ki statements.

Khopdi mein dimagh hain ya tatti? 

Was it Ravi Shastri who sat in India Today, Republic TV or whatever and compared Shaheen with Akram? He was addressing everyone who was going overboard with the praise as if SSA is Dale Steyn of 2012 on steroids..