Do NZ have the best match ups against India ? IndiaVsNZ Dharamshala - Prematch Discussion Thread.

Number

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Nz manages with 20 overs from part timers. We should be able to manage 50 overs with full time bowlers including jaddu. Atleast we get  extra batsman. Worst case let us use james kohli

yeah Kishan or SKY has to come in. I'd prefer Kishan to counter Santner threat as otherwise he can choke our righties.

30 minutes ago, Lord said:

That's too bowler heavy. Need a batsman at 6 instead of Jaddu who is bowling AR

While I dont disagree, Jaddu and Ash combined do make a genuine batsmen, given its Indian conditions. Definitely not in SENA.

Our batsmen are in form aside from Aussie game, so I would roll the dice. Our problem is not taking early wickets and placing pressure on the batting side.

18 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Nz manages with 20 overs from part timers. We should be able to manage 50 overs with full time bowlers including jaddu. Atleast we get  extra batsman. Worst case let us use james kohli

Kohli bowled 3 balls and they all looked good.

I get the feeling Kohli definitely can bowl, but doesnt want to, because of his brand.

If Kohli could bowl 10 overs for 60 runs, you would 100% accept that as a win.

Just now, SRT100 said:

While I dont disagree, Jaddu and Ash combined do make a genuine batsmen, given its Indian conditions. Definitely not in SENA.

Our batsmen are in form aside from Aussie game, so I would roll the dice. Our problem is not taking early wickets and placing pressure on the batting side.

The bowling is doing fine. It's what won us most games. Everyone is in form.There's no need to have additional 6th bowler.

Only reason I can think is they fear another injury can happen.

Just now, Lord said:

The bowling is doing fine. It's what won us most games. Everyone is in form.There's no need to have additional 6th bowler.

Only reason I can think is they fear another injury can happen.

India's opening bowlers have given excellent platforms for when they bowled first, it just takes one team to take advantage of this and we are looking at chasing 320+

I disagree. We have struggled to take early wickets in the opening few overs.

2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

India's opening bowlers have given excellent platforms for when they bowled first, it just takes one team to take advantage of this and we are looking at chasing 320+

I disagree. We have struggled to take early wickets in the opening few overs.

That we can try to amend by replacing Siraj with Shami. No need to play extra bowler here compromising batting.

6 minutes ago, Lord said:

That we can try to amend by replacing Siraj with Shami. No need to play extra bowler here compromising batting.

Im not against that.  However I would be more leaning SKY than Kishan.

6 bowlers is an overkill and having that extra batsmen does give a safety net.

However, if the team manager had any sense, he would be getting players like Kohli, Iyer, SKY to all practice bowling. Losing a bowler when there is just 5 is something that can easily happen.