Abdullah Shafique

sandeep

I liked this kid...

Knowing Pakistan...he might not survive long before he is dropped.. every player will go thru a rough patch and this guy will be conveniently forgotten during that time

Don't know why imam is sustained ... does he have any political or so other backing?

He has a very poor technique and even for Pakistan batting standards he looks ordinary...

Good he made some runs today against strong Aussie bowling lineup

Edited by gakgupta
Just now, gakgupta said:

I liked this kid...

Knowing Pakistan...he might not survive long... every player will have a right patch and this guy will be conveniently forgotten...

Don't know why imam is sustained ... does he have any political or so either backing?

He has a very poor technique and even for Pakistan batting standards he looks ordinary...

Good he made some runs today against strong Aussie bowling lineup

Inzi is his uncle and chief selector.

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Problem is he is more like 26. And his game is too raw for an international ODI cricketer. But yeah, he should permanently replace Imam at least. Saim Ayub is the real deal. If PAK don't get a world class opener out of Ayub, they should be disappointed.

He’s 23 not 26, at least on paper

Saim is definitely the more flamboyant opener. Looks a real deal. Abdullah seems to have stronger foundation than Saim and game against spin. 

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

Fakhar on any pitch is essentially hit or miss.  

Pak need to move beyond tukka players and develop proper batsmen especially for top order. 

Not really..these pitches aggresive batsmen as openers even if hit and miss. Proper batsmen at 3 or 4 can the save the team in case of a miss.

Rohit, Warner ..are all playing aggresive cricket.  If Pakistan has to compete, their openers have to go berserk. 

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Problem is he is more like 26. And his game is too raw for an international ODI cricketer. But yeah, he should permanently replace Imam at least. Saim Ayub is the real deal. If PAK don't get a world class opener out of Ayub, they should be disappointed.

Yes.

Saim Ayub is the real deal who must be given a very long rope. The boy is just effortless timer. 

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Pre-asia cup pak bowling was sold as world best. We all know whats happened since asia cup. Take everything pakistan with a bag of salt. After all Abdul Razzaq once claimed Ahmed Shehzad was more talented than Sachin. 

6 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Pre-asia cup pak bowling was sold as world best. We all know whats happened since asia cup. Take everything pakistan with a bag of salt. After all Abdul Razzaq once claimed Ahmed Shehzad was more talented than Sachin. 

He is raw, but very good potential if you watch him bat

3 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

He is raw, but very good potential if you watch him bat

I havent watched him bat and i am sure he is good. I am going by what you are saying and all the best to him. My point was that in past we have seen players hyped up.

Imam was another one who was over-hyped, today he got runs but his runs came at a cost. Not the first time he has played such a superficial innings but you guys keep promoting him. 

1 minute ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I havent watched him bat and i am sure he is good. I am going by what you are saying and all the best to him. My point was that in past we have seen players hyped up.

Imam was another one who was over-hyped, today he got runs but his runs came at a cost. Not the first time he has played such a superficial innings but you guys keep promoting him. 

He knows how to stat pad. Nobody cares about his woeful strike rate of 82.

1 hour ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

He’s 23 not 26, at least on paper

Saim is definitely the more flamboyant opener. Looks a real deal. Abdullah seems to have stronger foundation than Saim and game against spin. 

Definitely an age fudger.  Spent way too many years playing under-19 cricket and did not progress either through the ranks.  He's not as bad as Musa Khan who played Under -19 World Cup in 2018 as a 17 year old despite playing U-19 tournament in PAK in 2013 as a 12 year old but Abdullah is at least 2-3 years older than stated.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Imamis a garbage player, never liked him

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

By Greenbro standards he's a major find. 

Definitely 'better' batting toolkit than Imam who is at best a steady bat.

Pakistani standards doesn't mean much when their pundits like razzaq were claiming Ahmed Shahzad is more talented than Tendulkar.

I think he's okay though like you've said. 

17 minutes ago, the don said:

Time for Saim Ayub. Give him a long run in white ball and let him play his way. His shot making ability is worldclass. He ll learn the intricacies later.

Easy hojao. 

He is good but will need time to get in line with international cricket. Even if he is selected, he might fail as well - but it is important to back him.