This must be the end of Iyer's international career

Gollum

3 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

He struggles against short ball and that is fact. OP said nothing wrong, "career ending" was a bit of exaggeration but he will find it tough to cement his place if he can't rectify it specially in test matches.

The struggle against short ball in ODIs is not a big issue. In tests I can understand. But you can only improve if you play more. He doesn’t get to awkward position with short balls. He takes them on  and gets out some times with his high back lift he does have time. I would give him more time in tests and he should be good.

Edited by gattaca

I was thinking it was a thread to jinx him.  I don't think anyone has this knack of pacing the innings in the middle overs like Shreyas iyer does since Yuvraj.  Also has the ability to finish games once in. Once Pant is back this line up will be full of clutch players. Shreyas could have scored a 100 ball 100 in the semis and be done with it. But he consumed 33 balls less to get there than a typical middle order guy.  That turned out to be the difference. Guys like Gill, Iyer have one thing. Great stage presence. They just don't look flustered and confident. Wish Prithvi shaw had evolved as well. Gladly we have Jaiswal joining soon. Ruturaj for all his capability has displayed timidity up the order.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I was thinking it was a thread to jinx him.  I don't think anyone has this knack of pacing the innings in the middle overs like Shreyas iyer does since Yuvraj.  Also has the ability to finish games once in. Once Pant is back this line up will be full of clutch players. Shreyas could have scored a 100 ball 100 in the semis and be done with it. But he consumed 33 balls less to get there than a typical middle order guy.  That turned out to be the difference. Guys like Gill, Iyer have one thing. Great stage presence. They just don't look flustered and confident. Wish Prithvi shaw had evolved as well. Gladly we have Jaiswal joining soon. Ruturaj for all his capability has displayed timidity up the order.

Rinku has that trait as well...  Tilak is only 20 but he has shown some spark. 

Eager to see how both of them shape up in T20 cricket after WC. 

50 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rinku has that trait as well...  Tilak is only 20 but he has shown some spark. 

Eager to see how both of them shape up in T20 cricket after WC. 

Just like how Australia developed an aura over the years about their pressure handling this unit has to start doing that and gets passed on to next generation.

Non-serious cricketer.

Gill right now doesn't have the skill to play on turners. But at least he has time on his side, can play pace and bounce. With the time might actually become better against spin.

But this guy is a no. XI in SENA, is going to be 30 in a few months and despite being skillful enough to bat on turners, his record is horrendous even at home in last few tests.

Dump him for good please.

Edited by Number
11 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Iyer is not only a useless cricketer but has got an equally ugly batting stance, especially while facing pace bowlers.  Looks worse than a tail ender.  Just look at all his dismissals in the SA test series.  Reminds me of Mr.Bean's muted actions.   

Upper hand has no role in his batting all about bottom hand and front foot commitment

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Iyer is not only a useless cricketer but has got an equally ugly batting stance, especially while facing pace bowlers.  Looks worse than a tail ender.  Just look at all his dismissals in the SA test series.  Reminds me of Mr.Bean's muted actions.   

mr. bean is much better at cricket than him