Half-time analysis - Ashwin

vvvslaxman

9 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

Pdogg said moeen ali bowled very well in 2019wc and his off spin was the difference and now he isn't bowling that well so eng bowling is poor.

I checked he got 5 wickets at 46 in 2019 lol.

Point 1.

England did not do well in 2019 as they claim. For all the chest thumping  they lost to Pakistan, they lost to Srilanka. They were hanging by a thread. MSD and co gave them a helping hand

Point 2

2019 world cup did not help any spinners. They deliberately reduced one side of the boundary to 50 meter against India and targeted the spinners. Even a mild spin threat England would not have made the semis. 

When they could not manage a convincing run even with that.  They fluked their way to semi. Then they fluked their final win. Neither NZ nor England deserved to be finalists. India was much better. That is why it is pathetic we lost to them. I think India vs NZ preliminary game also washed out. If India had beaten them we would have faced padosis in the semi final.

24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Point 1.

England did not do well in 2019 as they claim. For all the chest thumping  they lost to Pakistan, they lost to Srilanka. They were hanging by a thread. MSD and co gave them a helping hand

Point 2

2019 world cup did not help any spinners. They deliberately reduced one side of the boundary to 50 meter against India and targeted the spinners. Even a mild spin threat England would not have made the semis. 

When they could not manage a convincing run even with that.  They fluked their way to semi. Then they fluked their final win. Neither NZ nor England deserved to be finalists. India was much better. That is why it is pathetic we lost to them. I think India vs NZ preliminary game also washed out. If India had beaten them we would have faced padosis in the semi final.

Yeah,it was the spin of kulcha on the 55 meter side that let eng loose in that wc,till then they were not sure of even qualifying.

53 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Point 1.

Point 2

We got shitty batting conditions after rain and the Kiwis cashed in big time.If the match were replayed from scratch on reserve day, we.might have bundled them out for a much lower score. 

On 11/3/2023 at 1:32 AM, nevada said:

We got shitty batting conditions after rain and the Kiwis cashed in big time.If the match were replayed from scratch on reserve day, we.might have bundled them out for a much lower score. 

That is what I did not understand. NZ got best conditions both while batting and bowling.

They should have replayed that match again from scratch.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

That is what I did not understand. NZ got best conditions both while batting and bowling.

They should have replayed that match again from scratch.

Karma has come back to haunt them. SL match may be a wash out looking at weather. They are going to be eliminated by weather assuming padosis win against England.