Performance of KL Rahul - WK batsman in WC 2023

Being tall he has incredible reach. Times his dive perfectly.  Him being a good fielder has definitely helped him in that regard.  He is taller than MSD. MSD doesn't dive beyond certain limit.  DK, Parthiv, Kishan are short they don't have enough reach. Rishab Pant dives well too.  Still reach of KL Rahul is much bigger. He has definitely surprised me with his takes especially down the leg sides.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

kela regressing as tourney nears KOs. typical kela stuff

Fortunately he is keeping well. 

He had few bad games with the bat. I am counting on him to come good this time during Semi or Final if needed. He looks calm and relaxed on the field and not tense. 

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

kela regressing as tourney nears KOs. typical kela stuff

I dont think his keeping has been bad, however would Kishan have been a better batsman?

I think so far KL has not done enough to justify not playing a professional wicket keeper.

KL has done reasonably OK in both batting and keeping so far.   However one negative thing about him apparently is that his Avg and SR go on decreasing as the tournament progresses.  Be it Bilateral series or ICC tournament.  The same trend continues.  Hopefully by semis, his avg wont drop to NIL.  Otherwise we are in big trouble. 

10 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I dont think his keeping has been bad, however would Kishan have been a better batsman?

I think so far KL has not done enough to justify not playing a professional wicket keeper.

kela has done keeping ok. I am ok with having him, but he will not contribute in KOs

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

kela has done keeping ok. I am ok with having him, but he will not contribute in KOs

India's performance as a team and each player is going to be graded based on these two games, semi and final.

It will either make them or break them.

Will be very interesting to see which players stand up and which ones choke.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

India's performance as a team and each player is going to be graded based on these two games, semi and final.

It will either make them or break them.

Will be very interesting to see which players stand up and which ones choke.

Most will choke, I think. I expect Kohli to have some gritty 50, shami to bowl well, and jaddu to make some useful runs and bowl tightly

57 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Most will choke, I think. I expect Kohli to have some gritty 50, shami to bowl well, and jaddu to make some useful runs and bowl tightly

Even if you are wrong and India win, they will be going against history over the last 10 overs in failing to win a meaningful WC trophy.

Im bracing myself if we lose to Australia in a Final.

Dravid will come out and say the WC tournament was a success. Thats what will upset me.

If I could fault India's performance to date, it was that it doesnt have adequate cover if a 6th bowler is needed and I genuinely believe our batting could be suspect.

I hope to be proven wrong.

22 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Even if you are wrong and India win, they will be going against history over the last 10 overs in failing to win a meaningful WC trophy.

Im bracing myself if we lose to Australia in a Final.

Dravid will come out and say the WC tournament was a success. Thats what will upset me.

If I could fault India's performance to date, it was that it doesnt have adequate cover if a 6th bowler is needed and I genuinely believe our batting could be suspect.

I hope to be proven wrong.

hopefully, seniors can have 2 more good matches (in KOs)

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

hopefully, seniors can have 2 more good matches (in KOs)

I think Uncle Virat can tuk tuk his way to 70+ score in finals.

Hitman can be hit or miss in attack mode.

Just need one of the other batsmen to deliver if these things happen, Gill, Iyer, KL, SKY, they must stand up and deliver in at least one match.

35 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

You have PTSD from KL failures in the past. lol:hysterical:

Dont worry I have them for India performing in knockouts.

Which is why it makes what India did in Australia in the Tests, so out of character.

all of us have ptsd from kela & co failures

37 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I think Uncle Virat can tuk tuk his way to 70+ score in finals.

Hitman can be hit or miss in attack mode.

Just need one of the other batsmen to deliver if these things happen, Gill, Iyer, KL, SKY, they must stand up and deliver in at least one match.

yes, the other must stop folding like a pack of cards