Pandya out of WC,Prasidh will take his spot in the Squad

cowboysfan

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Yes many  don't understand he was irreplaceable not because he's Garfield Sobers but because we don't have anyone close to what he offered

Bankable with the bat and very clever and imposing with the ball

His heavy balls and swing is what people totally underrate,he was such a vital bowler more than few of the regular bowlers

His bowling came to his own in last 2 years

Batting dipped but it was bankable

In all such a vital cog ,he was among the first 4 names in the team sheet

Huge huge miss,hope we really don't miss him

Pandya is a big miss.

But it has been largely balanced out by the replacement of Thakur with Shami.

Thakur was a passenger.

We will miss Hardik's bowling but Shami's bowling is better.

We will miss Hardik's batting but Sky's batting maybe comparable if we are in luck.

What we will miss is the 6th bowling option. 

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Pandya is a big miss.

But it has been largely balanced out by the replacement of Thakur with Shami.

Thakur was a passenger.

We will miss Hardik's bowling but Shami's bowling is better.

We will miss Hardik's batting but Sky's batting maybe comparable if we are in luck.

What we will miss is the 6th bowling option. 

I think SKY has not yet fired enough. and of course the 6th bowling option is another vital point

2 minutes ago, IndiaWC8311 said:

Addition by subtraction. Good riddance to a guy who can't stay fit for a marquee event 

Blessing in disguise as India look even more formidable now

He is not Jadeja who will bowl his 10 overs every match, So far it has been a blessing as SKY is better option with bat.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Today is one of the days which showed India needed that attacking left hander in the middle order.Tilak would have been better option.

Why do they need prasidh, stupid selection.

no backup if frontline pacers get injured (shardul is not a backup). whereas for batters, we have Kishan as a backup. moreover, tilak has 1 ODI and it would be unwise to thrust into KOs if injuries to a main batter were to occur.

17 minutes ago, Vijy said:

no backup if frontline pacers get injured (shardul is not a backup). whereas for batters, we have Kishan as a backup. moreover, tilak has 1 ODI and it would be unwise to thrust into KOs if injuries to a main batter were to occur.

You cannot change bowlers who are injured during the match. If any fast bowler is out injured in a match, then they can always call guy Prasidh next match .They are playing in India so what is need for extra fast bowler just to sit on the bench.

Tilak can bowl few overs and will break up RHB in line up.

Anyways that is mute SKY and Iyer are playing well, so no need for any bits and pieces players.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

You cannot change bowlers who are injured during the match. If any fast bowler is out injured in a match, then they can always call guy Prasidh next match .They are playing in India so what is need for extra fast bowler just to sit on the bench.

Tilak can bowl few overs and will break up RHB in line up.

Anyways that is mute SKY and Iyer are playing well, so no needs for any bits and pieces players.

I would like to see tilak too, but I think it is unprecedented to have someone (even on bench) with such less experience during KO stages. If there had been more planning and exposure, he would be an excellent fit.

of course, for next WC, I fully expect to see him and jasiwal play. perhaps also one or more of rinku, sudharshan, dhull

Tilak discussion is coming up now but the squad can have 15 members only and We had Kishan already. He was supposed to be our backup keeper plus left hand attacking option.  Current playing 11+Pandya+Kishan takes 13 spots.

Could we have done something else with Ashwin and Thakur spot. May be yes but most people agreed on Ashwin in the squad and I think it is still the right decision. He backs up both Jadeja and Kuldeep. 

This leaves only Thakur as the spot that could have been given to someone else as Thakur is a real weak link in both batting and bowling. Probably in the team as a backup seam bowling all rounder but not a good  on current form. May be Deepak Chahar level could have served us better or Just Prasidh Krishna in the first place.

Edited by cricspirit
2 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

Tilak discussion is coming up now but the squad can have 15 members only and We had Kishan already. He was supposed to be our backup keeper plus left hand attacking option.  Current playing 11+Pandya+Kishan takes 13 spots.

Could we have done something else with Ashwin and Thakur spot. May be yes but most people agreed on Ashwin in the squad and I think it is still the right decision. He backs up both Jadeja and Kuldeep. 

This leaves only Thakur as the spot that could have been given to someone else as Thakur is a real weak link in both batting and bowling. Probably in the team as a backup seam bowling all rounder but not a good  on current form. May be Deepak Chahar level could have served us better or Just Prasidh Krishna in the first place.

could and should have been prasidh in first place. then, we could have gotten Tilak or some batter in place of the injured pandya.

17 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I would like to see tilak too, but I think it is unprecedented to have someone (even on bench) with such less experience during KO stages. If there had been more planning and exposure, he would be an excellent fit.

of course, for next WC, I fully expect to see him and jasiwal play. perhaps also one or more of rinku, sudharshan, dhull

Inexperience at big stage is the biggest blessing.Players are not burdened by fear of failure or experience.2007 T20 world cup is prime example.They just let their instincts take over.

Tilak Verma showed already in IPL knockout I don't remember exact match when he scored those quick runs chasing a big total.

Inzi did in 1992 world cup, Symonds did in 2003 world cup, Collis King did it in 1979 finals.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Inexperience at big stage is the biggest blessing.Players are not burdened by fear of failure or experience.2007 T20 world cup is prime example.They just let their instincts take over.

Tilak Verma showed already in IPL when he scored those quick runs chasing a big total.

Inzi did in 1992 world cup, Symonds did in 2003 world cup, Collis King did it in 1979 finals.

King's era is too far removed from this era; matches were rather semi-professional then. moreover, King had debuted in 1976 and had some matches under his belth.

Let's look at the other two cases. Symonds had been playing for quite a few years on-and-off for Aus. He certainly didn't enter with 1 ODI to his name. and while he mostly played bits-and-pieces knocks, he had been quite exposed to int'l cricket.

In Inzi's case, he was more raw, but I remember his ODI/Test career well. before he went to '92 WC, he made his debut the year before and scored 2 100s (also a 50+ score) before. he was also nowhere as inexperienced as tilak in ODIs.

I am not one of the crowd that calls for "eggsperience". but there is a limit to how raw a player can be thrust onto WC KO stage (if injury were to happen). I would even rather take a less talented, but more experienced, player as backup for this specific scenario

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

King's era is too far removed from this era; matches were rather semi-professional then. moreover, King had debuted in 1976 and had some matches under his belth.

Let's look at the other two cases. Symonds had been playing for quite a few years on-and-off for Aus. He certainly didn't enter with 1 ODI to his name. and while he mostly played bits-and-pieces knocks, he had been quite exposed to int'l cricket.

In Inzi's case, he was more raw, but I remember his ODI/Test career well. before he went to '92 WC, he made his debut the year before and scored 2 100s (also a 50+ score) before. he was also nowhere as inexperienced as tilak in ODIs.

I am not one of the crowd that calls for "eggsperience". but there is a limit to how raw a player can be thrust onto WC KO stage (if injury were to happen). I would even rather take a less talented, but more experienced, player as backup for this specific scenario

One off match anyone can do well. It does not need any prior experience. Players who score 100s are debut don't have any experience.

IMO talent is needed, I see lot of talent in Tilak.