Proud of team India

Mariyam

6 hours ago, Khota said:

That dumb Dravid, not rotating against Netherlands was so stupid.

Sad to say in India no one at elite level understands sports.

His madness was that there was a 7 day break from the last game.

He was too stupid to realise that India would be playing 3 games in 7 days. Netherlands, NZ and Australia.

India have no tactical understanding of ensuring players are at their peak for finals.

7 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

His madness was that there was a 7 day break from the last game.

He was too stupid to realise that India would be playing 3 games in 7 days. Netherlands, NZ and Australia.

India have no tactical understanding of ensuring players are at their peak for finals.

Dravid will still not get it. So, some on ICF.

Edited by Khota
3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

@coffee_rules you have used this thread to troll like many posts on here.

So you are genuinely proud of the teams performance?

I wonder if the IPL didnt exist if you would think differently?

The IPL gives Indian fans the opportunity to celebrate a trophy win every year, that satisfaction also has a detrimental effect on the importance of Team India winning.

I don’t even watch IPL. My opinion is they won 10 in a row, lose 1 match and suddenly you dump them and call them losers and all those posters supporting the team as losers. that’s too juvenile and fickle minded.  We n case you knew Hindi…

26 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I don’t even watch IPL. My opinion is they won 10 in a row, lose 1 match and suddenly you dump them and call them losers and all those posters supporting the team as losers. that’s too juvenile and fickle minded.  We n case you knew Hindi…

You mean they lost 10 ICC tournaments in knockouts in a row where they were put in groups where semi final spot was always guaranteed?

Or let me put it this way: they ALWAYS lost against the only challenging teams in the tournament?

Watch every sport, in friendlies and group stages even Argentina lost against Saudi Arabia in last soccer world cup.

That doesn't make Saudi Arabia world class or Argentina a minnow. In the end who wins the cup matters.

Losers don't realize 2nd place is also a First Loser.

Showing no fight and meekly surrendering is loser qualities.

And to make matters worse this whole "it was one bad day" that is like someone writing exams saying they had one bad day and to be excused.

Rohit Sharma and Dravid had a golden opportunity to win in home conditions and bottled it. No way to spin it.

13 minutes ago, BlueBlood said:

You mean they lost 10 ICC tournaments in knockouts in a row where they were put in groups where semi final spot was always guaranteed?

Or let me put it this way: they ALWAYS lost against the only challenging teams in the tournament?

Watch every sport, in friendlies and group stages even Argentina lost against Saudi Arabia in last soccer world cup.

That doesn't make Saudi Arabia world class or Argentina a minnow. In the end who wins the cup matters.

Losers don't realize 2nd place is also a First Loser.

Showing no fight and meekly surrendering is loser qualities.

And to make matters worse this whole "it was one bad day" that is like someone writing exams saying they had one bad day and to be excused.

Rohit Sharma and Dravid had a golden opportunity to win in home conditions and bottled it. No way to spin it.

Why don’t you guys pad up and go and win the cup for India instead of ranting here  using keyboards. ? They used to Lise on SFs, now they went one step ahead. Next opportunity they will prevail. Failure is the stepping stone for success. They are finals losing side, not a loser side. A lot of things didn’t go their way, they never looked like a side determined to win. Look at positives 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Why don’t you guys pad up and go and win the cup for India instead of ranting here  using keyboards. ? They used to Lise on SFs, now they went one step ahead. Next opportunity they will prevail. Failure is the stepping stone for success. They are finals losing side, not a loser side. A lot of things didn’t go their way, they never looked like a side determined to win. Look at positives 

Losers say the same thing. 

Why not have Kohli or Rohit come do our jobs and perform under pressure of deadlines. 

They have been training for 20+ years most of them and planning for exactly this moment.

In life those who don't perform under pressure never get promoted to next level in their job or company. In sports, there are 100+ players who can replace them.

Yet SKY was made captain of T20 after basically playing the worst game of his life.

Or the fact that Rohit had zero faith in Siraj but did not have the guts to select Ashwin to counter Travis Head.

Actually it's not a great feat to make the knockout round in any ICC tournament. I see people saying they are proud of India making the knockout stage and winning all the league games, blah blah but when you think about it, in every world cup there are really only 6 real contenders, namely Australia, South Africa,, England, New Zealand, India, Pakistan. Rest of the teams are quite weak and inexperienced and mostly just making up the numbers. 

So even out of these 6 teams, usually one will be a no show like South Africa in 2019 or England in 2023.

So all you need to do to make he knockout stage is beat the weak,inexperienced teams and have 1 or 2 good days against the big teams and you will be in knockout or semis. 

In fact, if you haven't made the knockout stage it means you have played pretty terribly 

So making the knockout and not winning almost equates to nothing, because even making the knockout is not a big challenge.

Also this is the reason why cricket will remain a popular sport in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh because this is the only sport which these countries are remotely good at, compared to Soccer,Tennis etc. and only sport  where you can be mediocre and still be one of the top 5 teams in the world because cricket is only popular in very few countries.

16 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Saying India did well is really the root of the problem.

Its the Dravid Mentality of accepting mediocrity.

To be honest supporters like yourself are the reason why India is ok with failing.

Yes , India lost because of supporters were supportive instead of demanding. Do you think anybody cares what you think or type? Just by ranting here you are doing no good causing aggravation to yourself. Australia were more ambitious and Indians gave up easily. That’s it. By just abusing the teams or fellow supporters, you are not improving anyone’s life. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You are clearly missing the point. They were the best team and did jackshyte in the finals. 

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes , India lost because of supporters were supportive instead of demanding. Do you think anybody cares what you think or type? Just by ranting here you are doing no good causing aggravation to yourself. Australia were more ambitious and Indians gave up easily. That’s it. By just abusing the teams or fellow supporters, you are not improving anyone’s life. 

We know nobody cares about us. But we do care and wanted them to win.

But coming to ICF and complaining is how we cope with this tragedy.

We are a support group trying to overcome grief.

1 hour ago, srgadjon said:

Actually it's not a great feat to make the knockout round in any ICC tournament. I see people saying they are proud of India making the knockout stage and winning all the league games, blah blah but when you think about it, in every world cup there are really only 6 real contenders, namely Australia, South Africa,, England, New Zealand, India, Pakistan. Rest of the teams are quite weak and inexperienced and mostly just making up the numbers. 

So even out of these 6 teams, usually one will be a no show like South Africa in 2019 or England in 2023.

So all you need to do to make he knockout stage is beat the weak,inexperienced teams and have 1 or 2 good days against the big teams and you will be in knockout or semis. 

In fact, if you haven't made the knockout stage it means you have played pretty terribly 

So making the knockout and not winning almost equates to nothing, because even making the knockout is not a big challenge.

Also this is the reason why cricket will remain a popular sport in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh because this is the only sport which these countries are remotely good at, compared to Soccer,Tennis etc. and only sport  where you can be mediocre and still be one of the top 5 teams in the world because cricket is only popular in very few countries.

A sport not taken seriously by any sporting country and to claim that we made it to semifinal is the biggest loser attitude.

24 minutes ago, Khota said:

We know nobody cares about us. But we do care and wanted them to win.

But coming to ICF and complaining is how we cope with this tragedy.

We are a support group trying to overcome grief.

I hear you brother. I used to be very sad too as in 2003. I think over age you tend to not care as much, you get numb over many failures. Chale, at least they did this much. The team was in disarray just a few months earlier. With injuries to KL, Iyer, Bumrah and we were trying out some many players and finally banked on Sky over Ishan. I was surprised they did as mcuh as reaching the final. We were expecting a early round exit even  a few months earlier. I think we did good given where we were a few months earlier.  

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I hear you brother. I used to be very sad too as in 2003. I think over age you tend to not care as much, you get numb over many failures. Chale, at least they did this much. The team was in disarray just a few months earlier. With injuries to KL, Iyer, Bumrah and we were trying out some many players and finally banked on Sky over Ishan. I was surprised they did as mcuh as reaching the final. We were expecting a early round exit even  a few months earlier. I think we did good given where we were a few months earlier.  

I understand what you are saying but if you look at group play they were the best. How do you go from being the best to losing so bad is beyond comprehension.

From 11th over to 50th over, our world class batting line up hit a total of 4 boundaries and zero sixes.  This is another level of choke which no team would probably be able to achieve anytime in the near future.    Even an associate side like Ned hv better lower order hitters at no. 7, 8 & 9.  Oh Wait..We also hv someone named 360..something.....

Doesn't this name alone make u feel proud? 

Edited by Frustrated
3 hours ago, srgadjon said:

Cricket will never spread simply because objectively it is a poor game cause it is a turn-based conditions dependent game where luck/toss becomes a factor. I enjoy it a lot but again I enjoy it because it is one of the sports India is good at.

I have begun watching hockey and badminton since we have started doing well and those are objectively better sports. Also no Bangladesh-Pakistan types there. It genuinely feels good when you are competing against Netherlands, Germany etc in hockey and Korea, Japan, China etc in badminton.

As India keeps becoming better at other sports, I expect interest and popularity to blossom as well.

Edited by deathmonger
51 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Naah, conditions matter.

1983/2011 we were on the right side. This time on the opposite side.

This is true. I cannot speak about 83 but India got the better deal in 2011. However i had always felt that they were the better team that tournament and in the final irrespective of the conditions . A series of 10 matches between Ind and SL, I would've backed India to come out on top at least 6:4.  I don't think we can make that claim about the Australian side that has won the championship here. This trophy is always going to feel like the one that got away.

Reminds me of Sri Lankans losing the 2012 T20 trophy to West Indians, wasn't as complicated though. WI got a few extra slogs at the end and SL succumbed under pressure.

1st post.  :)

15 minutes ago, SLpirate said:

This is true. I cannot speak about 83 but India got the better deal in 2011. However i had always felt that they were the better team that tournament and in the final irrespective of the conditions . A series of 10 matches between Ind and SL, I would've backed India to come out on top at least 6:4.  I don't think we can make that claim about the Australian side that has won the championship here. This trophy is always going to feel like the one that got away.

Reminds me of Sri Lankans losing the 2012 T20 trophy to West Indians, wasn't as complicated though. WI got a few extra slogs at the end and SL succumbed under pressure.

1st post.  :)

SL was a good team in 2011 and the year prior both teams were trading wins. I'd say India was still the favourites but only slightly. Gap wasn't that big. Dew and Mathews injury tipped the scales.

Similarly Aus and Ind were fairly even with Ind slight favourites. Aus had won a series 2-1 in India earlier in the year and also lost 1-2 in the series before the WC. Also had lost 1-2 in 2020 and won 3-2 in 2019. So they were the best away team in India in the last few years. And again like in the 2011 final dew tipped the scales a bit, just on the other side.

Edited by deathmonger