Rohit: 'It was not so easy to just move on' from World Cup final defeat/

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

The problem with Rohit, he assumed Kohli will there to see thru the innings, he was dictating the bowlers, all he needed was be more selective for 10 more overs.

Siraj was a joke, after his stinker in semi finals, he should have been left out.Shami covered so many cracks  in bowling with that 7 wickets in semis.

At 28 overs 147/3 we were still in a good position for a big score because of the fast start that we got in the first 10. Even 20-30 scores from Gill and Iyer would have made a big difference. 

3 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

At 28 overs 147/3 we were still in a good position for a big score because of the fast start that we got in the first 10. Even 20-30 scores from Gill and Iyer would have made a big difference. 

When you are playing just five batsmen , it is always responsiblity of batsman who are set to carry on as long as possible.

Rohit  did not have to go for the leather every ball there.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Still hurts like a dagger to the heart !!

Will never ever forgive BCCI and the TM haramkhors for preparing a slow tatti wicket and digging our own grave...

I think it was Rohit and Dravid overthinking which did that, they could have just asked for sporting pitch.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Have completely lost interest in cricket after this. 

100% great post. Same.

As an outsider, I always look forward this time of the year, because this is when I really enjoy following and loving cricket. I have lost so much interest and care, I think primarily because India by that I mean BCCI do not care about improving or winning a WC. Its not a priority.

As long as the IPL thrives and India make the quarter or semi finals at every WC, they wont change anything.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Team India's greatest wins since 2000, has been off the back when the players have been humiliated, belittled, embarrassed and persecuted by the fans and the media.  The reason for this is actually simple, that ability to choke and the mindset to panic and fear in a game is overridden by wanting to disprove fans negative perception of the team.

Ironically Australia has featured strongly in India's greatest wins off the back of fans and media's humiliation of the team.

Move on, even with better pitch Aussie would have spanked us. We are destined to be 2nd/3rd best team in the world. Slow pitch or not, We deserved that humiliation the way batters went that day. It was more humiliating coz we were playing at Home. That loss was on Rohit..

Having said that, I doubt we will ever come so close to winning the WC ever in coming years considering the dearth of talents we have now.

That is why the focus is now on T20 WC..... right after the <drumroll> IPL.

With Jitesh and Tilak and Shivam and Rinku and then there is SKY - oh MY!!!

And Arshdeep and Bishnoi and Axar and Bumrah.....and there is Rohit and Kohli and the peerless KL in the wings.

it is almost ridiculous to have a tournament - what is the point? Just give the trophy to India and save everyone the hassle.

Just imagine the poor Aussie predicament. Who do they have to counter the above brilliance? Head? Oh please.....

On 1/22/2024 at 2:46 PM, AKane said:

That is why the focus is now on T20 WC..... right after the <drumroll> IPL.

With Jitesh and Tilak and Shivam and Rinku and then there is SKY - oh MY!!!

And Arshdeep and Bishnoi and Axar and Bumrah.....and there is Rohit and Kohli and the peerless KL in the wings.

it is almost ridiculous to have a tournament - what is the point? Just give the trophy to India and save everyone the hassle.

Just imagine the poor Aussie predicament. Who do they have to counter the above brilliance? Head? Oh please.....

Every other team destroys head. Only we made him a superstar. And England ofcourse.